Md script help

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

00NightHunter00
x4

Md script help

Post by 00NightHunter00 » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 11:13

I cant seem to figure this out

How would you write a simple md script so that way when a station in a sector is destroyed it will activate a job

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Md script help

Post by euclid » Sun, 17. Mar 24, 19:49

It seems that your post here and also this are related to your problem. I'm afraid that without more details on the attempts you've done already there is too little information to help you further.
However, triggering, for example, a patrol or protect area on a particular station destruction is not difficult to code. But this may not be what you have in mind.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: Md script help

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 18. Mar 24, 07:29

Not sure if you mean a specific station or specific sector or just a specific type of station/sector or any sector/station, etc.

I recommend to check out the code of the chillexplosions mod. That one really clicked for me.

When something gets destroyed the game doesn't send a signal like in X3 anymore. Your md script needs to track every object in a 'group'. Its not possible to use the destroyed object event without providing a specific object or group of objects

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”