Fallen Families

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Fallen Families

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 11:45

Are their like SCA or like HAT?
Do they have stations dynamic reputation? or they are locked like SCA and open season for hunting?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Fallen Families

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 12:02

Why not save, test it, and see?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 12:44

They're free (or would've liked to be, anyway), not fallen :) And no, not like SCA, it's just that you start at that familiar rep level.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 12:47

radcapricorn wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 12:44
They're free (or would've liked to be, anyway), not fallen :) And no, not like SCA, it's just that you start at that familiar rep level.
Nope, there are two different factions:
Free Families - normal faction
Fallen Families - possibly pirate/SCA like faction?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 12:51

Oh, huh? Where, what, why have I missed them??? Must be going blind. Apologies then.

999jefro
x4

Post by 999jefro » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 13:40

They aren't locked, I done some missions for them thinking it was FRF & have gotten my rep up.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 13:43

999jefro wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 13:40
They aren't locked, I done some missions for them thinking it was FRF & have gotten my rep up.
Have you noticed any stations of theirs?

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 14:06

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 13:43
Unless I mix those factions together, there are entire sectors of them.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 14:20

HBK wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 14:06
mr.WHO wrote:
I see only FREE Families sectors and stations and only ships of Fallen Families.

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 14:38

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 14:20
I see only FREE Families sectors and stations and only ships of Fallen Families.
I'll check again tonight. As I said I only quickly explored those sectors for now.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 14:42

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 14:20
HBK wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 14:06
mr.WHO wrote:

Fallen families have lost all their honor...no one would want stations from a FAF anywhere NEAR them.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:23

I have run into Fallen Families Raider Rattlesnakes popping up in various places around the map in the same manner as an SCA Plunderer does. It appears that they behave in the same manner as SCA except they are red on sight. I have cleared all the ZYA sectors and I have found no Fallen Family assets or sectors, just Free Family on the East side of map, so far...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:44

This whole thread has become very 'spoilerish' so I've moved it to the appropriate forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 01:30

I guess someone could farm up rep and ask for directions to the faction rep then? Aren't mission givers now physical entities on stations from whom you could ask such?

shinral
x4

Post by shinral » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 13:53

MHDriver wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:23
I have run into Fallen Families Raider Rattlesnakes popping up in various places around the map in the same manner as an SCA Plunderer does. It appears that they behave in the same manner as SCA except they are red on sight. I have cleared all the ZYA sectors and I have found no Fallen Family assets or sectors, just Free Family on the East side of map, so far...
Are you sure it was a "Fallen Families Raider"? I have found many "Free Families Raider Rattlesnakes" but they are linked to free families reputation, not pirates.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 14:17

shinral wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 13:53
MHDriver wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:23
Are you sure it was a "Fallen Families Raider"? I have found many "Free Families Raider Rattlesnakes" but they are linked to free families reputation, not pirates.
I guess they operate under fake ID's like the SCA. I certainly run into missions with them, maybe they are connected to the closed accelerator in Hearth of Acrinomy II. I'll try to get rep 10 with them, I guess that should trigger a faction invite?

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 23:20

I wonder if anybody has an insight if their reputation matters... I see a nice Rattlesnake flying FAF banner in front of me and I'm really tempted to board it :twisted: It's still early(ish) game from me so free Rattlesnake would be a boon :D That would be my first destroyer that I didn't sold for profitssss ^^

harokyang
x4

Post by harokyang » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 03:56

bbn wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 23:20
I wonder if anybody has an insight if their reputation matters... I see a nice Rattlesnake flying FAF banner in front of me and I'm really tempted to board it :twisted: It's still early(ish) game from me so free Rattlesnake would be a boon :D That would be my first destroyer that I didn't sold for profitssss ^^
Scan it and watch the number of Veteran and Elite on board
That will help you to give up the thought of boarding

PS: I do boarded one, it cost me 200+ marines to only deal with 30 of the Split(Half of them are even service crew)

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 07:44

Cant gain rep with FREE fallen as they have no stations / missions
So killing them off and ending up at war with them will not ruin anything but probably they would attempt to kill on sight.
harokyang wrote:
Tue, 28. Apr 20, 03:56
bbn wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 23:20
Scan it and watch the number of Veteran and Elite on board
That will help you to give up the thought of boarding

PS: I do boarded one, it cost me 200+ marines to only deal with 30 of the Split(Half of them are even service crew)

I boarded one with 3 minotaurs worth of grunts. The trick is keep shooting the snot out of it until the crew bail to a decent level of risk. If the HP of the hull is too low, then let them repair and shoot the snot out of it again, while you always continue to remove any surface elements built like engines..
Did that in my last upload of my lets play.

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 13:24

I capped it. Rep dropped "just" to -12. Got lucky as it only had 10 marines. Trained very well though (1 elite, rest vets with many stars). Got a quite large boarding party (around 84), half vets. Lost 15 vets, 15 recruits.

If I remember I'll report if I encounter any big issues with the rep drop...

Btw. is FAF involved in the plot in any "peaceful" way?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”