A very spoilery moneymaker gamestart

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zakaluka

A very spoilery moneymaker gamestart

Post by zakaluka » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 09:59

Just something I've noticed over the last couple new starts I've done, use it if you want.

When you start the game, make your way straight to Zyarth 10, set a satellite on the gate to 11th hour.
There's going to be a major battle between ARG and ZYA right at this spot within the first hour. Keep an eye on it, in the meantime do a couple little odd jobs for stations. When the fight begins, just come in and loot the battlefield.
Profit.

Before crafting, a quick 2.1mil
https://imgur.com/PMs0JMF
After using the crafting bench, 2.8mil

Came away with a 2-star piloting seminar, 1 hour into the game.

Don't think I'll ever need to crystal mine a new game again. Your mileage may vary.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: A very spoilery moneymaker gamestart

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 14:08

The same applies for Second Contact and Pious Mists... whatever is closest to your chosen gamestart.

Putting an extra "spoiler" to this, in all these battles in V4.00 Beta you can also find abandoned ships from NPC's that bailout, both S and M!!!

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 8. Dec 20, 22:49

I'll add to that:

Loot from these battles will spawn even when you're OOS (not tested in 4.00 beta). There will be less loot if you're OOS, but there will still be some.
So it's pretty handy to have one scout or three at each of these locations and regularly ask them to collect the drops for the areas where you cannot be. (You can get pretty cheap pegasus at ALI's wharf.) You can recover these drops as soon as you proceed with the PHQ quest.

It can be a good idea to keep scouts in these areas for a while, as they are frequently turned into battlegrounds and will often generate good drops.

I remember as some point I even had a scout with the order to follow a HOP fleet through their rampage across second contact, so I would not lose sight of them and keep collecting.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 12. Dec 20, 07:50

You can also just take some of the free ships and downgrade them for money. For example the Osprey frigate in Company Regard can usually be downgraded to liberate 2M capital for reinvestment. You could also sell the free Odysseus in Faulty Logic for significantly more but you are unlikely to be able to fly it out to downgrade so early in the game.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 12. Dec 20, 16:21

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 12. Dec 20, 07:50
You can also just take some of the free ships and downgrade them for money. For example the Osprey frigate in Company Regard can usually be downgraded to liberate 2M capital for reinvestment. You could also sell the free Odysseus in Faulty Logic for significantly more but you are unlikely to be able to fly it out to downgrade so early in the game.
Now that you mentioned the Oddy...
Spoiler
Show
It's no more accessible in V4.00 Beta. Tried both in vanilla and modded with a mod that finds the abandoned ships... nada

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 13:43

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 12. Dec 20, 16:21
Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 12. Dec 20, 07:50
Now that you mentioned the Oddy...
Spoiler
Show
It's no more accessible in V4.00 Beta. Tried both in vanilla and modded with a mod that finds the abandoned ships... nada
The Odysseus is still there and I can reliably find it. You can get the odysseus out of that sector within the first 15mins of the game without any issues.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 18:51

rene6740 wrote:
Thu, 11. Mar 21, 13:43

The Odysseus is still there and I can reliably find it. You can get the odysseus out of that sector within the first 15mins of the game without any issues.
Yep!!! found it out in the past 3 months....

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 20:58

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 11. Mar 21, 18:51
rene6740 wrote:

It’s pretty easy, get into the sector, fly towards the defense stations and then from the xenon defense station straight to the west and you‘ll fly directly to the Odysseus.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 13. Mar 21, 00:57

rene6740 wrote:
Thu, 11. Mar 21, 20:58
dtpsprt wrote:
rene6740 wrote:

It’s pretty easy, get into the sector, fly towards the defense stations and then from the xenon defense station straight to the west and you‘ll fly directly to the Odysseus.
Station positioning can change from game to game.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 13. Mar 21, 01:39

grapedog wrote:
Sat, 13. Mar 21, 00:57
rene6740 wrote:
Thu, 11. Mar 21, 20:58
dtpsprt wrote:

Station positioning can change from game to game.
I did that like 10 times since 4.0 b7. The defense station in that faulty logic sector was always at the same position.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”