VIG plot

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TinniT

VIG plot

Post by TinniT » Mon, 20. May 24, 11:29

I built my future wharf station in the Windfall Union Summit (mistake number one). At the start of building my rep with VIG, it was OK. But as I started to mine ice and deliver it to the station for food and medical supplies, my rep with VIG started to decline because I did not notice it was illegal in their sectors (mistake n.2). Therefore my rep got to negative pretty fast (-15 right now). I didn't realise this was lowering my rep with VIG for a while. Once I found out, I started delivering food and medical supplies from my stations in the Eighteen Billions.
I built six defence stations in Windfall to protect my complex and gates where my miners are getting in case VIG attacked me. I tried to declare war on them and stations succesfully wiped out all their ships. Only one disadvantage was that they harassed my miners out of this secotr, but this was just a test so I reloaded the game before declaring war.
I want to be friends with VIG. I looked online and found that there is no criminal traffic. It's impossible to get a Xenon fleet to this sector. The only chance is the missions, but I don't get them from VIG since my rep turn negative.
I decided to start the VIG plot to get some reputation and hopefully turn to -9 where I can start to trade with them again. I'm not sure if the VIG plot will get me positive rep.
I'm at the point of the plot when I saved Maestro brother from prison and reunited the brothers. Maestro told me we need time to regroup before the next move. It's been a while (I would say atleast 2 hours real time), so I checked their ship. They're all at the bridge, but it seems like there's no way to continue the plot. Do I need to wait more? Is there a trigger? Is it bugged?
I am currently playing beta. Feel free to spoil me :)

RainerPrem
x4

Re: VIG plot

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 21. May 24, 17:11

TinniT wrote:
Mon, 20. May 24, 11:29
I built my future wharf station in the Windfall Union Summit (mistake number one). At the start of building my rep with VIG, it was OK. But as I started to mine ice and deliver it to the station for food and medical supplies, my rep with VIG started to decline because I did not notice it was illegal in their sectors (mistake n.2). Therefore my rep got to negative pretty fast (-15 right now). I didn't realise this was lowering my rep with VIG for a while. Once I found out, I started delivering food and medical supplies from my stations in the Eighteen Billions.
I built six defence stations in Windfall to protect my complex and gates where my miners are getting in case VIG attacked me. I tried to declare war on them and stations succesfully wiped out all their ships. Only one disadvantage was that they harassed my miners out of this secotr, but this was just a test so I reloaded the game before declaring war.
I want to be friends with VIG. I looked online and found that there is no criminal traffic. It's impossible to get a Xenon fleet to this sector. The only chance is the missions, but I don't get them from VIG since my rep turn negative.
I decided to start the VIG plot to get some reputation and hopefully turn to -9 where I can start to trade with them again. I'm not sure if the VIG plot will get me positive rep.
I'm at the point of the plot when I saved Maestro brother from prison and reunited the brothers. Maestro told me we need time to regroup before the next move. It's been a while (I would say atleast 2 hours real time), so I checked their ship. They're all at the bridge, but it seems like there's no way to continue the plot. Do I need to wait more? Is there a trigger? Is it bugged?
I am currently playing beta. Feel free to spoil me :)
I don't think you can get the reputation up again at the moment.

There is a point in the Avarice plot, where you need to destroy a VIG station. Directly afterward, you can pay a large sum to get your reputation up to neutral. So if you manage to survive until then, everything is good.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Tue, 21. May 24, 23:31

TinniT wrote:
Mon, 20. May 24, 11:29
Look for signal leaks around TEL stations. Some of them should give you VIG missions.

TinniT

Post by TinniT » Wed, 22. May 24, 09:12

Thank you guys for your replies 😊

Just y/day I have got some time to play and I decided to try few more things…
1, was scanning leaks of both TEL and VIG stations, I got several pirate mission (like hacking defense or turrets of some stations) but non of those give me any reputation with the VIG.
2, I was teleporting myself between all three VIG sectors every ~10 minutes and after a while I got soem VIG missions (repair satelites, deploy satelite, destroy traffic, build a defense station). I manage to do most of them and my rep went +1 from most of those missions (destroying traffic and building stations were more). Since -9 rep I set up fast traders for few e. cells distribution in VIG sectors and now I am at +10.

So I can confirm that at rep -15 you can still get VIG missions in beta 7.0.

I did not take my promotion ceremonial y/day for +10 reputation… But my question is how to proceed Avarice plot line?
Need wait more? Or just take the ceremonial and then speak with Maestro? Is there some special trigger to continue? Like more rep or something? I am not able to find anything at the internet about this stage

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 22. May 24, 12:10

TinniT wrote:
Wed, 22. May 24, 09:12

1, was scanning leaks of both TEL and VIG stations, I got several pirate mission (like hacking defense or turrets of some stations) but non of those give me any reputation with the VIG.
2, I was teleporting myself between all three VIG sectors every ~10 minutes and after a while I got soem VIG missions (repair satelites, deploy satelite, destroy traffic, build a defense station). I manage to do most of them and my rep went +1 from most of those missions (destroying traffic and building stations were more). Since -9 rep I set up fast traders for few e. cells distribution in VIG sectors and now I am at +10.

I did not take my promotion ceremonial y/day for +10 reputation… But my question is how to proceed Avarice plot line?
Need wait more? Or just take the ceremonial and then speak with Maestro? Is there some special trigger to continue? Like more rep or something? I am not able to find anything at the internet about this stage
Congratulations for getting your rep up again :-) Remember not to transport illegal goods for now.

The Avarice plot starts once you fly into Avarice. There is a wrecked ship and its owner wants you to rescue them.

But as far as I remember, it's independent of the Pirate Plot. You can complete that one first.

TinniT

Post by TinniT » Wed, 22. May 24, 12:31

RainerPrem wrote:
Wed, 22. May 24, 12:10
TinniT wrote:
Wed, 22. May 24, 09:12

Congratulations for getting your rep up again :-) Remember not to transport illegal goods for now.

The Avarice plot starts once you fly into Avarice. There is a wrecked ship and its owner wants you to rescue them.

But as far as I remember, it's independent of the Pirate Plot. You can complete that one first.

Thanks again for your reply.

I am bit confused and not really sure if I did not mix two things togeter... Like VIG plot (the one where I saved Maestro brother from the prison) and Avarice plot. Based on your reply I suggest those are two different quest. I did not start Avarice plot yet (didnt even know there is some :D), therefore my question is about VIG/Pirate plot. I saved Maestro brother and run from Eighteen bilions with him. Is that end of the quest or is there any continuation?

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 22. May 24, 16:32

TinniT wrote:
Wed, 22. May 24, 12:31

I am bit confused and not really sure if I did not mix two things togeter... Like VIG plot (the one where I saved Maestro brother from the prison) and Avarice plot. Based on your reply I suggest those are two different quest. I did not start Avarice plot yet (didnt even know there is some :D), therefore my question is about VIG/Pirate plot. I saved Maestro brother and run from Eighteen bilions with him. Is that end of the quest or is there any continuation?
I had to look, because it's been a long time since I've played that plot: I think there are a number of parallel missions and finally a fight against a Teladi fleet, and then you will fly through a wormhole.

And yes, there is a very interesting plot in Avarice - I won't spoil it more than I have already done.

TinniT

Post by TinniT » Thu, 23. May 24, 08:54

Seems I am not in that stage of the quest yet.

Thank you for your intel :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”