How to easily upgrade your starting ship/make money

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Re: How to easily upgrade your starting ship/make money

Post by Scoob » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:20

captainradish wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:55
There appears to be a handful of spawns that always exist (about four or five I think). One of them is a Teladi frigate and one is a Paranid capital ship.
Sorta makes for an easy start once you know about them. In my current game, I didn't find ANY derelict ships until over 30 hrs in! I actually bought my first Frigate, my first M-Class Trade Ship, my M-Class Miners etc.

I think having the odd S-Class to claim in fixed places would be cool, keep the rest random. Though I'm not overly fussed either way, I can choose to claim them, or not after all.

Scoob.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:53

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:20
captainradish wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:55
There appears to be a handful of spawns that always exist (about four or five I think). One of them is a Teladi frigate and one is a Paranid capital ship.
Sorta makes for an easy start once you know about them. In my current game, I didn't find ANY derelict ships until over 30 hrs in! I actually bought my first Frigate, my first M-Class Trade Ship, my M-Class Miners etc.

I think having the odd S-Class to claim in fixed places would be cool, keep the rest random. Though I'm not overly fussed either way, I can choose to claim them, or not after all.

Scoob.
To be fair, the Paranid destroyer is in the middle of a colossal minefield deep in Xenon territory. It's not too hard to get to, but it's a cast iron bitch to get out.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:08

captainradish wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:53
To be fair, the Paranid destroyer is in the middle of a colossal minefield deep in Xenon territory. It's not too hard to get to, but it's a cast iron bitch to get out.
Erm, just fly up and over. Easy :)

Scoob.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:31

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:08
captainradish wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:53
Erm, just fly up and over. Easy :)

Scoob.
The issue is the Xenon capital ships that usually hang around the gate. It's a one-way sector.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 11:06

captainradish wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:31
The issue is the Xenon capital ships that usually hang around the gate. It's a one-way sector.
I had several fighter squads lead by Xenon P's in my game - just had to zip past them. Guess it's random what you might face retrieving the Odysseus.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”