Claimable destroyer found, how to claim it intact?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Metamartian
x4

Re: Claimable destroyer found, how to claim it intact?

Post by Metamartian » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 08:20

When I tried to board this ship, it told me i needed to destroy the ships turrets before my marine would board it. is that normal?

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 09:07

Metamartian wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 08:20
When I tried to board this ship, it told me i needed to destroy the ships turrets before my marine would board it. is that normal?
Yes, because you don't need to board it, as it's abandoned, you can just claim it.

A little tip (requires confirmation):
Spoiler
Show
You can use an EMP bomb on it, scan the red dots before claiming it, and get its blueprint for the shipyard. I did it for other abandoned ships around and worked (even if sometimes buggy).

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 11:27

Answering the Original question: There is no way to claim it intact. Ships of L class or bigger have to be claimed with marines and this will always destroy some equipment. Only M class or smaller can be claimed intact because you can do it yourself: repair the leak in your suit and enter the ship.
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 08:53

Dirk-Jan wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 11:27
Answering the Original question: There is no way to claim it intact. Ships of L class or bigger have to be claimed with marines and this will always destroy some equipment. Only M class or smaller can be claimed intact because you can do it yourself: repair the leak in your suit and enter the ship.
Yes and no.

You can board L- and XL-class ships without damaging them (much). You need to set the two dropdowns in the boarding screen to "very strong". In that case you don't need to damage any weapons. You can even try to leave the hull at 100%. It works with the abandoned Oddy, but it takes extremely long to break through the hull of other ships. Normally it's enough to bring the hull down to ~90% to make it breakable much faster.

But the abandoned Oddy ALWAYS loses its main weapons, independently if you "claim" or "board" it.

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 11:00

RainerPrem wrote:
Wed, 13. Mar 19, 08:53
Dirk-Jan wrote:
Yes and no.

You can board L- and XL-class ships without damaging them (much). You need to set the two dropdowns in the boarding screen to "very strong". In that case you don't need to damage any weapons. You can even try to leave the hull at 100%. It works with the abandoned Oddy, but it takes extremely long to break through the hull of other ships. Normally it's enough to bring the hull down to ~90% to make it breakable much faster.

But the abandoned Oddy ALWAYS loses its main weapons, independently if you "claim" or "board" it.

so: yes and yes!
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 12:54

Dirk-Jan wrote:
I claimed it 2ice (in different games) so far.Its simple
Just send a couple of marines, get the hell away and out of sector as fast as you can, set the boarding criteria to hard and the marines will claim it for you and drive it out without damage.(at least not visible damage in hull and shields).
There might be some internal damage to fix on guns or other parts like engines but that might have been like this all along (hence the reason it is abandoned).
Going OOS will render the mines useless so no need to worry about them.
Now pre 2.0 it was fairly easy (if not just trivial) to get it out, now with the Xenon on steroids i simply don't know how easy this would be.Haven't tried it after 1.6.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Wed, 20. Mar 19, 00:33

darrund wrote:
Tue, 19. Mar 19, 12:54
Dirk-Jan wrote:
I claimed it 2ice (in different games) so far.Its simple
Just send a couple of marines, get the hell away and out of sector as fast as you can, set the boarding criteria to hard and the marines will claim it for you and drive it out without damage.(at least not visible damage in hull and shields).
There might be some internal damage to fix on guns or other parts like engines but that might have been like this all along (hence the reason it is abandoned).
Going OOS will render the mines useless so no need to worry about them.
Now pre 2.0 it was fairly easy (if not just trivial) to get it out, now with the Xenon on steroids i simply don't know how easy this would be.Haven't tried it after 1.6.
I just looked through the save game file for the ownerless Odysseus, before I rescued it. It doesn't have any main guns fitted, only the turrets. It does seem to explain why it was abandoned in the first place.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Valen68
x4

Post by Valen68 » Wed, 20. Mar 19, 04:11

Where is this ship located?

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Wed, 20. Mar 19, 10:48

Valen68 wrote:
Wed, 20. Mar 19, 04:11
Where is this ship located?
Here is your answer

ei8htx
x4

Post by ei8htx » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 20:07

Unless it's changed recently, you just throw an emp bomb at it and scan the 4 points.

This'll claim it intact. No damage, no marines required.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 29. Mar 19, 07:45

ei8htx wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 19, 20:07
Unless it's changed recently, you just throw an emp bomb at it and scan the 4 points.

Just out of curiosity: Is there a special place to drop the bomb? I tried that in 2.0 and could not claim it that way.

ei8htx
x4

Post by ei8htx » Fri, 29. Mar 19, 20:05

RainerPrem wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 19, 07:45
ei8htx wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 19, 20:07

Just out of curiosity: Is there a special place to drop the bomb? I tried that in 2.0 and could not claim it that way.
You're right, it's changed.

From a fresh game, I was able to cap it by hiring a single marine, then instructing her to board with Combat Effectiveness and Hull Strength at Very High (the highest). She was able to take it after about 10 minutes with no damage done.

Mileron
x4

Post by Mileron » Mon, 1. Apr 19, 16:31

ei8htx wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 19, 20:05
From a fresh game, I was able to cap it by hiring a single marine, then instructing her to board with Combat Effectiveness and Hull Strength at Very High (the highest). She was able to take it after about 10 minutes with no damage done.
If you don't want to watch the boarding pod circle the ship like a penny on one of those donation vortexes, you can teleport or fly out of sector and it'll be a lot faster.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 01:28

It gets more interesting if you leave it a while to go collect

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”