Claimable destroyer found, how to claim it intact?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

Claimable destroyer found, how to claim it intact?

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 15:56

Hi!
I found claimable Odysseus Vanguard (Paranid L destroyer) https://ibb.co/nkyDcKq in the
Spoiler
Show
Faulty Logic VII https://ibb.co/d607WPy
It looks fantastic, it will me great as just claiming is now very buggy.. I scan it (needed to EVA scan to have 100%), and try claiming.
Claiming is really buggy, pods flying around like crazy.. pathfinding buggy.
Even when I manage to claim it, I lose shields and turrets.. I have only recruit marines.
Any hints about claiming it ? I fear it will be darn expensive to refit it to max if I claim it without shields, and if I manage to pull it out through 2 Xenon sectors without shields ??
Do I need to train marines somehow to get them to elite, or claiming abandoned ships doesn't depend on their rank?
I presume it makes no sense to do boarding if the ship is unclaimed?

Thanks!!

Nibel

Re: Claimable destroyer found, how to claim it intact?

Post by Nibel » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 16:30

how does marines helps claimng EMPTY ship ? how does that even supposta make sense ?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 20:05

Can someoen confirm if this is static (same for eveyone) or random (different in every game) encounter?

SirFrancisDrake
x4

Post by SirFrancisDrake » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 21:08

I can confirm it for my game. There is a claimable destroyer in my game too.

nightphreak
x4

Post by nightphreak » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 21:39

Found it at the same location in my game, high likely static ship location, heavy xenon activity, seems they hunt you down pretty quickly. come prepared to fight. video verification available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R_uzKvzOpA

nieprawda
x4

Post by nieprawda » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 03:17

if your marrine is buggin out while claiming ship - just leave the sector and it will get it done

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 03:22

it is static! good find!!!

its painful to bring it back!

anyone has seen Xl destroyers?
X gamer , one at a time.

Tyrant597
x4

Post by Tyrant597 » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 05:16

You will need an EMP bomb and bomb launcher for your suit. You can buy the launcher from npc on stations, will have to craft the emp bomb probably. Then launch one at the ship, right click the bomb and tell it to blow. Ships shields will drop, and there should be a static thing you need to whack with the repair tool to claim the ship.
You don't talks about X:Rebirth...
X4 Mods: Collect Inventory Wares Stations Supply Build Storage Mass Move Marines

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 06:52

Tyrant597 wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 05:16
You will need an EMP bomb and bomb launcher for your suit. You can buy the launcher from npc on stations, will have to craft the emp bomb probably. Then launch one at the ship, right click the bomb and tell it to blow. Ships shields will drop, and there should be a static thing you need to whack with the repair tool to claim the ship.
Awesome, thanks, will try..

Mahkamar
x4

Post by Mahkamar » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 07:23

i just tried to use claim, then some of my crew kept humping it , then i went out in my spacesuit and somehow one of them got in and voila it was mine , so dont need to use marines on it

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 11:35

Seriously nice find Foxx, khudos to you. :)

I.... didn't bring enough eye bleach to risk watching my crew dry hump a destroyer. Will investigate the location at a future time, thank you for the warning. :)
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

jfore88
x4

Post by jfore88 » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 17:57

Anyone found where it puts the player logo on this thing yet?
Spoiler
Show

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 19:50

Question - how will you get this thing out of this sector? It's one giant minefield especially in the zone near superhighway enternance.

OmikronTNS
x4

Post by OmikronTNS » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 20:34

Captured it earlier today, 1.10 patch, just get OOS and it seems like it'll completely ignore any and all mines. If there's Xenon in the sector get them to follow your ship, and plot a waypoint around them for the destroyer.

JakubCW
x4

Post by JakubCW » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 20:45

Easy way to do this without damaging the ship..

Send over a marine or two, run away for about 10 minutes or so while they slowly take over the ship.. make sure to set the criteria for board to very strong.
Irrespective of shields and hull they will eventually take over the ship, without any damage though it will take much longer.

As soon as it’s captured deploy some laser towers and fof mines to clear the xenon if they are following.. send over some crew if you have any to spare and dock, fly her out of there but mind the minefields.

oli4uk
x4

Post by oli4uk » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 21:06

RE. the minefields, first attempt was a nightmare with the mines, then I figured out after a retry (after becoming exasperated with long repair times) that I could go North, avoid most of the mines, and then enter the gate from the rear to exit the sector.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 06:22

I found the destroyer, had to leave it to go get an EMP bomb crafted. I went thru the tracker mine fields in travel drive mode and wasn't touched, in fact no mines even went off. This is possibly a bug, clearly an exploit.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 10:54

No need to board this ship, as it’s abandoned a single marine will claim it for you

You just have to move far enough away (a few hundred km was ok for me both times I did this or failing that out of sector) to allow the marine to board

The mines are still a hazard even with the travel drive - if you don’t go fast enough or get too close they will cripple the engines of your newly claimed destroyer and leave you stranded - if you are lucky lol ^_^

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 11:04

In terms of getting out of the sector:

- first time I went under the plane of the sector then approached the exit from underneath

This was tricky as the last 50km was quite slow trying to line up with the gate before the mines did their thing , and I also had to deploy laser towers to keep the xenon at bay, and use my fighter to help

- second time I went south and lined up with the gate from about 400km away. I then used the travel drive to fly full speed into it

This works much better, provided you are properly lined up!

Ebudini
x4

Post by Ebudini » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 16:11

Tyrant597 wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 05:16
..., will have to craft the emp bomb probably. Then launch one at the ship, right click the bomb and tell it to blow.
Emp bombs are sometimes for sale on pirate stations too.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”