Raising Scale Plate Pact relations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

krylkathesis
x4

Raising Scale Plate Pact relations

Post by krylkathesis » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 05:32

I found a SCA Pirate Base alongside three Pact factories, have tried running missions and trading but haven't been able to raise (or even decrease) relations.

Has anyone had any luck with raising relations for the Scale Plate Pact?

WingC3
x4

Re: Raising Scale Plate Pact relations

Post by WingC3 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 23:11

I’m having the same experience. I am unable to raise my reputation with them in spite of having completed a number of missions successfully.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 23:19

I took 8 raider Minotaurs from them and they are still at -5.

I've been eyeing their raider Behemoth for a while. It goes around the mega highway switching call signs. If you scan it, the SCA name will be revealed. Wonder what happens if I take that as well.

aikjo2
x4

Post by aikjo2 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:13

csaba wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 23:19

I've been eyeing their raider Behemoth for a while. It goes around the mega highway switching call signs. If you scan it, the SCA name will be revealed. Wonder what happens if I take that as well.
I'm curious how to put together an effective cap ship boarding operation. Should be interesting - lmk if you figure that out because that thing keeps messing with my miners.
Eagles May Soar,
But rabbits don't get sucked into jet engines.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 08:41

aikjo2 wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:13
csaba wrote:

I'm curious how to put together an effective cap ship boarding operation. Should be interesting - lmk if you figure that out because that thing keeps messing with my miners.
Well I just bumped into it late last night. Disabled it's engines then got promptly destroyed by a single missile from it, the only effective weapon cap ships have atm. It was late so I stopped playing at that moment. I was flying back from a Xenon sector in my Buzzard after collecting the SETA parts, not really fitted for boarding. I was thinking to disable it then call in my Osprey for boarding. If you blow up turrets and lower the hull the crew starts to die off making boarding easier. I expect an M ship with 12-15 marines should be able to board it once disabled.

It also has 2 combat drones that need to be killed before sending the boarding pods. 1 bolt cannon for the drones and 1 dumbfire missile launcher with mk2 heavy dumbfire missiles for the Behemoth should do the job easily. Have flares (shift+c to deploy them) at hand, or dodge Behemoth's missiles, be careful cause they loop around.

For some reason the local faction (Teladi Company) doesn't really like you attacking pirate ships in their sector hopefully this doesn't result in a permanent rep loss with them.

I'll try again today....

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:27

aikjo2 wrote:
csaba wrote:

csaba wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 08:41

Well I just bumped into it late last night. Disabled it's engines then got promptly destroyed by a single missile from it, the only effective weapon cap ships have atm. It was late so I stopped playing at that moment. I was flying back from a Xenon sector in my Buzzard after collecting the SETA parts, not really fitted for boarding. I was thinking to disable it then call in my Osprey for boarding. If you blow up turrets and lower the hull the crew starts to die off making boarding easier. I expect an M ship with 12-15 marines should be able to board it once disabled.

It also has 2 combat drones that need to be killed before sending the boarding pods. 1 bolt cannon for the drones and 1 dumbfire missile launcher with mk2 heavy dumbfire missiles for the Behemoth should do the job easily. Have flares (shift+c to deploy them) at hand, or dodge Behemoth's missiles, be careful cause they loop around.

For some reason the local faction (Teladi Company) doesn't really like you attacking pirate ships in their sector hopefully this doesn't result in a permanent rep loss with them.

I'll try again today....
Yep it worked. My Osprey got confused when I gave it the boarding command so I did it manually.

Took the ship down to 30% and only the captain remained at that point.

Might have been able to just cap with my buzzard... You could say 12 marines for a single crew is a bit overkill. However after capping you can change them to service crew to speed up the repairs.

And it was on 1.3 and I can confirm it's large beam turret worked against me properly. However it's damage is still sub par. Not even near a Taranis's Plasma Jet from XR, felt like an Alpha IRE from X2 hitting me.... :rant:

Missiles were scary doe....

Btw no rep change after taking a capital ship from them. :lol:

Kinda weird cause I can lower my status with the HAT pirate factione easily. -20 atm... Might have farmed the mass traffic around one of their stations for spaceflies at some point... Easy 3 million in 20 minutes. Just use heavy dumbfires on the dock.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 22:05

which sector did you found the destroyer?

cheers :) and good job
X gamer , one at a time.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 22:12

palm911 wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 22:05

I caught it in Bright promise. But they fly around the mega-highway so you can just wait and they will eventually show up. You can tell they are pirate cause of the Raider in the name. They generate random call signs and masquerade as different factions.Once you scan it they will reveal their true identity. I've seen at least one more doing laps so there could be multiple.

First I thought I sell it but I tested the 1.3 patch and it looks usable so I gave it the Obsidian paint (I've got with the CE) and took it out for a test drive. :lol:

PreSpawn
x4

Post by PreSpawn » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 16:30

I couldnt find a way through the 3 Missile Turrets, so i had to do a little spacewalk with my 3 crafted bombs...
https://youtu.be/NJIS1WdLImg
X2: Ace of Aces 2nd - Advanced Mogul
X3: Overlord - Master Industrialist
XTM: Battlemaster - Manufacturer
X3TC: Hero - Capitalist
X3AP: Battlemaster - Manufacturer (146 Stunden)
XR: (108 Stunden)
X4: (224 Stunden) (https://www.twitch.tv/andimech)

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:39

SCA is capped at -5 Reputation, you cannot raise this :(

Iguanabob
x4

Post by Iguanabob » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 15:46

Seems like you can't
shealladh wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:39
Also seems like you can't drop further. I've destroyed countless of their vessels cause whereever I go in Argon-Space they keep asking me to drop something - even when I only have INVENTORY cargo that cant even be dropped. It's literally the space-version of "spare some change?".
It's not umcommon to have to fight 3 of them at a time, yet I havent lost any REP with them.

Maybe the locked rep is in place so they keep posing a "threat" to your freighters, dunno.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 09:39

Iguanabob wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 15:46
Seems like you can't
shealladh wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:39
Also seems like you can't drop further. I've destroyed countless of their vessels cause whereever I go in Argon-Space they keep asking me to drop something - even when I only have INVENTORY cargo that cant even be dropped. It's literally the space-version of "spare some change?".
It's not umcommon to have to fight 3 of them at a time, yet I havent lost any REP with them.

Maybe the locked rep is in place so they keep posing a "threat" to your freighters, dunno.
Are you sure they're asking YOU? I only had that, when I in fact had something in my storage. Although, how could they know that? There was never one of them close enough to scan me.

Iguanabob
x4

Post by Iguanabob » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 11:36

Yes, pretty damn sure, since they voice-comm me all the time, asking to drop my cargo. And like I said, its not uncommon to have this 3 times in a row within a few seconds for me.
I dont mind though, all my trade-ships now have a nearly free security guard. Just had to get rid of the former pilots. :D

Your point about scan-range is also correct, I usually am at least 10K away from them when they start their shenanigans. I wouldnt mind having this kind of scanner, too.

NukeACitrus
x4

Post by NukeACitrus » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 17:07

SCA reputation is intended to be locked at -5, according to dev: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=407292&p=4809947#top

Why? We don't know yet. There is a "pirate debug start" in game files. If you then also take the fact that SCA have licenses, I'm sure this is just a temporary solution to some problem they might have. Hopefully, this will be changed in the future!

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 12:14

Iguanabob wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 11:36
Yes, pretty damn sure, since they voice-comm me all the time, asking to drop my cargo. And like I said, its not uncommon to have this 3 times in a row within a few seconds for me.
I dont mind though, all my trade-ships now have a nearly free security guard. Just had to get rid of the former pilots. :D

Your point about scan-range is also correct, I usually am at least 10K away from them when they start their shenanigans. I wouldnt mind having this kind of scanner, too.
Same here
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 01:53

aikjo2 wrote:
csaba wrote:

Eh it's not really hard. You can either sit in its engines with an S/M where they cannot hit you with its turrets and keep on pelting them until enough crew leaves the ship so you can board it with a handful of marines.

I did it a few times and I now have 5 super-marines that can single handedly kill 30+ crew with ease xD.

As long as you don't DESTROY modules you can use L Miners/Traders in neutral sectors as practice targets for boarding to train your super-soldiers.

I do suggest that whenever you launch your marines you start circling around the ship you're capturing so they don't do something silly like shooting the landing pod of the marines.
If you aren't cruising in a 200m/s rinky dink vessel nothing except laser-turrets will hit you. And those don't deal damage so it's fine!

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 16:20

csaba wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 22:12
palm911 wrote:

I caught it in Bright promise. But they fly around the mega-highway so you can just wait and they will eventually show up. You can tell they are pirate cause of the Raider in the name. They generate random call signs and masquerade as different factions.Once you scan it they will reveal their true identity. I've seen at least one more doing laps so there could be multiple.

First I thought I sell it but I tested the 1.3 patch and it looks usable so I gave it the Obsidian paint (I've got with the CE) and took it out for a test drive. :lol:

How were you able to give it the CE paint? In my 1.5 game it auto applied any time I bought at ship, or looted one...
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 18:54

StormMagi wrote:
Mon, 28. Jan 19, 16:20
csaba wrote:
palm911 wrote:

How were you able to give it the CE paint? In my 1.5 game it auto applied any time I bought at ship, or looted one...
Wow zombie much. :lol:

Right click the ship on the map and choose redesign.

Pichu0102
x4

Post by Pichu0102 » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 21:02

It feels like SCA is kind of a placeholder faction for pirates, so you always have someone out there willing to fight you and that the game can spawn to fight you, but will leave you be if you aren't carrying anything interesting. I imagine the game does not like factionless pawns, enginewise.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 16:28

csaba wrote:
Tue, 29. Jan 19, 18:54
StormMagi wrote:
Mon, 28. Jan 19, 16:20
csaba wrote:

Wow zombie much. :lol:

Right click the ship on the map and choose redesign.
Not as bad of a zombie as others I have seen. And what I was getting at was, in my game (started in 1.5) all 10 of my CE paint jobs were auto applied when I boarded abandoned ships and such. Nor did I ever see them in the redesign menu when I was first looking (other than on my starter ship).
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”