Number of usable ships and size of universe?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shogouki
x3tc

Number of usable ships and size of universe?

Post by Shogouki » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 01:09

I was just wondering how these two things compared to X3? Are there very many ships to choose from and is there very much space to explore?

respaekt

Re: Number of usable ships and size of universe?

Post by respaekt » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 13:41

Played 15 Hours and i think we will be a little bit disappointed in this regard..... i think with something over 40 sectors, i allready have every sector explored and therefore the whole galaxy..... split and borons are not to be found right now(lot of inactive jump gates).... that will come with dlcs or they hadnt enough time for all of that. Also there are lot less ships availible to buy and also the traffic troughout the universe is not as in X3, never get this buisy feeling that the X3 games had. The sector are much bigger and more beautiful than before, gives the vast feeling of space! And walking trough the landing bay of a shipyard is impressive, but sometimes no incoming traffic at all....

I think for longtime fun, we need some more content and balancing. But let me play 100 hours more to jhave a final opinion :wink:

see map:
https://gameplay.tips/guides/3488-x4-foundations.html

The visuals and mecanics are good, had one crash in 15 hours and with the patch from 1.0 to 1.2 no bugs i noticed.

Shogouki
x3tc

Post by Shogouki » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:15

Thanks for the info. I'm not able to run the game with my current graphics card so hopefully when I get a better one more will have been added to the game. I definitely hope they add as many ships, equipment, sectors, and complexity as the X3 games because that's what I really loved about them.

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 08:09

Lets hope for it, right now you really dont need to buy the game, you will not miss something. When you updated your pc, the game will more ready for longtime gameplay, i hope

Kaeltheras
x4

Post by Kaeltheras » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 04:40

ship choices :
You get about 6 small miners to choose from
10ish + small fighter craft
about 2-3 M trader ships per faction
3-4 L trader ships per faction
1 XL ship per faction (they all kinda look the same :()
2 M fighters per faction
1 L fighter per faction
1 XL fighter per faction
I might be off by one or 2 but that's about the jist of it

Sectors can be massive, similar to SOL area in TC

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 06:35

The sector map is deceptive. The areas inside each sector are actually bigger (MUCH BUGGER) than the initial mapping shows.

For example, I'm flying around chasing an asteroid vein in Grand Exchange, and by the time it curved back inwards on itself towards the rest of the map, the nearest station was over 900 km away, making that section of map over 1500 km across.

Secondly, the systems with the subsector layouts can be deceptive too. I suspect the subsectors are completely connected, as I had a target locked when I entered a superhighway, and the target remained selected, showing its position from the next subsector over as 20,000 km away in the far distance. I have yet to take my fastest ship into a travel to cross and confirm this, but I'm tempted to try with something tuned for it.

I also suspect there are some subsectors not connected by superhighway, because it seems weird to have Grand exchange 1, 3, and 4... But no GE 2. That's like a dev version of 'come find me if you can'.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”