Elusive Xenon

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tyrant597
x4

Elusive Xenon

Post by Tyrant597 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 02:36

Anyone figured out this mission yet? Supposed to find a Xenon ship with a specific ID... somewhere in the entire galaxy...with no mission guidance... lol
You don't talks about X:Rebirth...
X4 Mods: Collect Inventory Wares Stations Supply Build Storage Mass Move Marines

aftokinito
x4

Re: Elusive Xenon

Post by aftokinito » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 03:49

You have to manually find it in Xenon sectors.
It's most likely next to one of their shipyards.

gudlbua

Post by gudlbua » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 20:18

89k Credits for that? They have got to be kidding...

dblade
x3tc

Post by dblade » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 20:02

anyone have another hint on this? i found a 3rd and 4th xenon sector, circle around a wharf and shipyard, tried to use long range scanner,etc. after a couple hours i'm pretty sure i'm doing it wrong.

Jean Pagette
x4

Post by Jean Pagette » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 11:50

found a single xenon shipyard and still trying to find this particular ship.

hope it is worth the effort in the end.

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 14:51

Perhaps you could unpack your save and search for the ID of the ship there to find out where it is...?

Procellus
x4

Post by Procellus » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 22:45

OK, so I've found the ship in the save file. How do I figure out where it is?

Jean Pagette
x4

Post by Jean Pagette » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 05:42

still havent found this ship also realized how do i use the long range scanner ?

Procellus
x4

Post by Procellus » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:12

Jean Pagette wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 05:42
still havent found this ship also realized how do i use the long range scanner ?
Shift + 3 and hold R for no more than 2 seconds. I don't think that'll work though. You'll need to get within 2km, right click and scan, in scan mode. Unless there's a hotkey for it I don't know about.

I haven't found it either, though

DansHere
x4

Post by DansHere » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 01:18

The “destroy x type ship” missions are pretty easy, just stay in the xenon systems long enough and they’ll find you lol.
I spend a decent amount of my game time in xenon sectors.
Trying to disrupt there mining efforts and grabbing tons of loot, most illegal.
Very easy to do with a combination of booster and travel drive.
Hold down the boost key until at full speed then quickly hit shift + 1 to enter travel drive faster.
A frigate is good for this, fighters tend to not last long especially against the P class xenon.
Spent 6 hours flying around the southern xenon sectors last night, running from their destroyers yet eliminating anything else that came along.
Will try the northern xenon sectors tonight, My frigates seem to be able to deal with the constant damage the first sector inflicts.
Some stunning sights deeper into the northern sector where they have a shipyard.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 02:46

[quote=Procellus post_id=4791632 time=1544699535 user_id=522012
Shift + 3 and hold R for no more than 2 seconds. I don't think that'll work though. You'll need to get within 2km, right click and scan, in scan mode. Unless there's a hotkey for it I don't know about.
[/quote]
LRS activates upon using 2ndary wep key. For k/b it's L by default in UK(/US?) settings; others have it bound to R, & stick/pad users have their own settings..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 12:10

So any luck finding the elusive Xenon yet? I placed adv. satelites at all xenon stations but still no luck and i spent a great deal of time fighting Xenons in their sectors, still no luck finding the ship.

I'm starting to think that the ship am suposed to find is not in a Xenon but rather in an Argon sector.

five21
x4

Post by five21 » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:33

This is a bit far-fetched of a goal for a mission. There is almost no information on where to look for the ship. Perhaps just a little updated like - check sector <such and such>. That would at least help, but just nothing...? :o

mnemon
x4

Post by mnemon » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 00:24

theborg921 wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 12:10
So any luck finding the elusive Xenon yet? I placed adv. satelites at all xenon stations but still no luck and i spent a great deal of time fighting Xenons in their sectors, still no luck finding the ship.

I'm starting to think that the ship am suposed to find is not in a Xenon but rather in an Argon sector.
Have you found all the xenon sectors? they are spread around the edges of "civilized" space(at least NE,NW,S/SE)

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 08:42

mnemon wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 00:24

Have you found all the xenon sectors? they are spread around the edges of "civilized" space(at least NE,NW,S/SE)
I think i did. 7 systems an 11 sectors

Iguanabob
x4

Post by Iguanabob » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 15:17

Procellus wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 22:45
Any answer on this one ? :)

El Novato
x4

Post by El Novato » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 15:18

My 2 cents. Didn´t try because xenon usually destroy my sattellite net in their sectors sooner than later if i only use one ship. So, i´m gonna say the theory i have, didn´t put it at test.

The mission give you the label of the ship in form, ABC-123. So if you use the Search function in the map, and you put the exact label of the ship, if it´s under any sattellite coverage, it should appear when you zoom a bit on the Xenon Sector that is.

If there are....11 Xenon zones, you´ll need to coverage somehow these zones, and when you have the mission if you deployed your satellite net on all of them and it´s under the coverage, it should appear.

What i tested is to put the label of some ship that appears on the object list, to see which is the limit of the zoom level of the sectors because i was planning to do what i exposed in the future. And the ship showed alone in the object list. So it should be doable for the Elusive Xenon.

The question, in that case is...how many sattellites do i have to set and where to achive more probabilities of find it ? Because it could be out of the sattellite coverage or the player not being so fast to replenish those that are destroyed.

But, as i said, it´s just a theory.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 05:59

Iguanabob wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 15:17
Procellus wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 22:45
Any answer on this one ? :)
In the XML the "ship"-element is contained in a "zone"-element, which is contained in a "sector", which is contained in a "cluster". Allegedly the mapping of the id's to real names are contained in the language file of the game, which I haven't yet unearthed.

Iguanabob
x4

Post by Iguanabob » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 15:17

Hi Rainer,

thank you very much for your help.
I've found it manually in the meantime, meaning I've checked all Xenon-sectors one by one and finally found that thing.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”