Making Money From PHQ Guide

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rupert Hound
x4

Making Money From PHQ Guide

Post by Rupert Hound » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 16:52

Anyone actually making good money from your PHQ or other station setup? Fancy sharing your setup here plz?

Rupert Hound
x4

Re: Making Money From PHQ Guide

Post by Rupert Hound » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:34

Either no one is making good money or peoples are being secretive? :)

SirDeity12

Post by SirDeity12 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:37

I remember there was a really great website I used for X3 where I could build my station and it'd calculate the input and output so you could plan ahead and balance everything out properly, but I forget which website it was exactly. I'm hoping they have something similar for X4. If you planned your complexes in X3 properly, you could build entirely self sufficient stations with a lot of profits. I had a complex with hundreds of stations connected to it. It was HUGE!

Rupert Hound
x4

Post by Rupert Hound » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:20

Yes i remember that one i dont remember what it was called, i know Roguey has been hard at work on his site but tbh its the economy in general thats weird for me. I remember in X3 you could have a massive spaceweed complex and rake the money in but there just doesnt seem to be a big enough demand for anything other than raw mats like ore and silicon.

ryansims91
x4

Post by ryansims91 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:38

I make okay money. Mine has a production line that makes hull parts, refined metal, silicon wafers, graphine and it makes money well enough. It also has 25 freighters trading for it.

tarax007
x4

Post by tarax007 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:07

I strapped on 2 Silicon wafer plants, and a solar panel - i make decent money out of it with 3 traders (1 M 2 S) and 3 (M) miners. Went away for an hour yesterday afk, with seta i made about from 200k to 11 mil.
I'd share screenshots but i am pressed for time :). I highly recommend getting a habitat too btw to gain workers.
I dedicate in order to question,
universalizing fearlessness,
I seal the output of intelligence,
with the crystal tone of cooperation,
I am guided by the power of elegance.

Arze
x4

Post by Arze » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 02:33

Well, how much money do you have? How long are you willing to grind twinklies(crystals)?
I would if I were you go across the entire superhighway loop and satellite every station on the way. Look at every station check whats missing make that. Alternatively if you are willing to play a lot with the twinklies then go for claytronics. It is the only material the AI will always buy. Cause they AI builds stations while it can buy the resources FOREVA~(I have UI lagg thanks to this when I try to open my map). You don't even need to supply yourself you can just buy the stuff from the AI. Though it does make your bottom line better if you become self reliant. My first go is always food to stockpile workers, then I go for Hullplates and Microchips then into Claytronics. Do not bother with ship materials, unless you want to build a fleet yourself cause then you will have to supply the materials, usually at a loss, cause shipyards price mats even when they need thousands at -20% and stuff. Same goes for weapon and drone mats too, worthless. Unless you need them yourself.

Other than that make sure you have a lot of landing pads - like around 6-10, preferably the 6s3m types. You can also buy lots of trading ships like 10 or more so they can disperse your produce to other stations. NPC traders including yours use order placing in your satellite network, so the more you have the more sell orders they can place at any given time.
You could do the nefarious thing and Hack/EMP bomb the stations you compete with to make sure you can sell your stuff. Eventually I have gone into Hullplates and Claytronics to make my station building cheap and ended up making billions.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”