Argon Vs Xenon Mission Chain

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

adzcriz
x4

Argon Vs Xenon Mission Chain

Post by adzcriz » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 19:23

Ok, so I've spent 4 hours scanning well over 100 xenon ships and still cannot find one thats carrying Spaceweed. is there some kind of trick to this?

jocan2003
x4

Re: Argon Vs Xenon Mission Chain

Post by jocan2003 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:23

Drop some in a xenon sector maybe one will fetch it? they say in description they salvage after a fight

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:32

The game may have trolled you with its RNG.
Why would be Xenon carrying weed in the first place?

adzcriz
x4

Post by adzcriz » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:32

Wou wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:32
The game may have trolled you with its RNG.
Why would be Xenon carrying weed in the first place?
no shit lol

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:45

Difficulty: Impossible
hey, they outright told you :lol:

adzcriz
x4

Post by adzcriz » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 00:09

Wou wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:45
Difficulty: Impossible
hey, they outright told you :lol:
after much scanning, do i realise that Xenon fighters have no cargo space. The cargo ships are always empty and the miners have ore in them.

oli4uk
x4

Post by oli4uk » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 17:33

Heh, does this mean I should stop bothering to scan every xenon ship I encounter? :p

Dewar

Post by Dewar » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 17:54

It doesn't seem to be an RNG mission, as I've had it come up several times in two different games but I can't figure out how to complete it either.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 04:50

Don't forget you can shipscan while in pause, if you've the correct mode selected & the target's within range & the scan reticule..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 12:01

adzcriz wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 19:23
Ok, so I've spent 4 hours scanning well over 100 xenon ships and still cannot find one thats carrying Spaceweed. is there some kind of trick to this?
If you are looking for a junkie Xenon

The ship you are looking for is not a xenon ship (tell me about it : )

Find a spaceweed factory and monitor wich ship buys the spaceweed and when it undocks scan it (thats it)

The problem I got that there was no demand for spaceweed an as such no traders where buying the weed. I hat to go to a nearby station that buys spaceweed an hack the modules to eject som of the cargo (economical boost : )

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 10:57

I'mdoing the build the fleet mision. I have bult the carrier an destroyer to specs an 3m ships as indtructed. No mater what i try, the game is stuck recogniding the fleet at 1/3. Any advice would be wellcome.

Abou
x4

Post by Abou » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 01:54

adzcriz wrote:
What I did

1. Buy Space Weed [(my Ship Elite (Startship)]
2. Fly in Xenon space
3. Search Xenon Energy freighter/transporter? (I play in german, so I don't know the english names)
4. Drop 1 peace of Spaceweed straight infront of the Xenon ship (we where nearly kissing each other o.O)
5. Be sure the cargo was taken by the Xenon ship
6. scan the ship. (BE SURE THE MISSION IS ACTIVE)
7. Thank me! :D

It took me alot of time to find a xenon ship which can collect cargo out of space.

A few tips here:
- use a small ship with max out equip => this will save you a lot of travel time.
- take a view pieces of space weed with you (I bought full cargo) => you can't collect droped space weed cargo, because the droped cargo is too large.... no idea how this big ones could be stored in the ship before :gruebel:
- Press "pause" button on the keyboard to pause the game -> press F2 two times to and rotate the cam around your ship -> be sure you are realy infront of the ship (It can be hard to see in first person)

Have Fun! :)

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 18:30

dj-abou@freenet.de wrote:
Thu, 3. Jan 19, 01:54
adzcriz wrote:
What I did

1. Buy Space Weed [(my Ship Elite (Startship)]
2. Fly in Xenon space
3. Search Xenon Energy freighter/transporter? (I play in german, so I don't know the english names)
4. Drop 1 peace of Spaceweed straight infront of the Xenon ship (we where nearly kissing each other o.O)
5. Be sure the cargo was taken by the Xenon ship
6. scan the ship. (BE SURE THE MISSION IS ACTIVE)
7. Thank me! :D

It took me alot of time to find a xenon ship which can collect cargo out of space.

A few tips here:
- use a small ship with max out equip => this will save you a lot of travel time.
- take a view pieces of space weed with you (I bought full cargo) => you can't collect droped space weed cargo, because the droped cargo is too large.... no idea how this big ones could be stored in the ship before :gruebel:
- Press "pause" button on the keyboard to pause the game -> press F2 two times to and rotate the cam around your ship -> be sure you are realy infront of the ship (It can be hard to see in first person)

Have Fun! :)
That's... that's very clever. I really wonder if Egosoft thought this through or were having a laugh or both?

Abou
x4

Post by Abou » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 23:14

Smacksim wrote:
Thu, 3. Jan 19, 18:30
That's... that's very clever. I really wonder if Egosoft thought this through or were having a laugh or both?
Thank you! :D

I don't think they were thinking of this possibility. But the mission is flagged as "Impossible". So well... it isn't! :D

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 10:04

Some of the "find lockbox" or "destroy mines" missions are also tagged as impossible, but they are fairly easy to do. That said, some of the easy missions are near impossible.....
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”