About rifts

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RodentofDoom
x4

Re: About rifts

Post by RodentofDoom » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 14:01

Balgias wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:11
It was never made clear to me what nav beacons do
They are just route markers ..

Used to see them all the time marking the path between gates in a few of the very foggy Boron sectors.
Without the beacons, you were just faced with an endless sea of green mist.

TheGreatGooglyMoogly
x4

Post by TheGreatGooglyMoogly » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:32

I found a rift right in the middle of my main station in Second Contact II. Theres a massive stream of ships trying to dock but getting sent to The Void then flying back in a big endless loop. :doh:

letwolf

Post by letwolf » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 16:16

RodentofDoom wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 14:01

They are just route markers ..

Used to see them all the time marking the path between gates in a few of the very foggy Boron sectors.
Without the beacons, you were just faced with an endless sea of green mist.
There is no Boron sectors! Sadly. As far i know by moment

Eldhor

Post by Eldhor » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 00:10

Deep Space Dragoon wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 13:51
Loot Boxes are Blue or Gold pings.Found a Sphere with 10 locks which gave gold ping,after trying a couple of times to unlocking it and blowing it to smithreens I gave up.Unless it becomes apparently that they drop something really worthwhile I ain't going to gimp myself by fitting lower power weapons just i can unlock Loot boxes occasionally. :lol:

edit to add that Shipwrecks and Asteroids can also give Blue or Gold pings just add to the confusion. :roll:
For all the lock boxes that aren't the single lock you can jump out of your ship and use your spacesuit laser to open them. It takes time, but it's how you're supposed to open them. Also you can repair the box if you do to much damage to them, so I suggest having it targeted to see it's Hull HP and repair when it's around 20%

I've never found a Yellow pinged lockbox (at least not sense I figured out how to open the multi-lock box) so no idea bout it, but the eight lock lockboxes they have mines in them so be careful where you are and boost away as soon as the lock breaks so you can navigate and not die.

One, four, eight, and twenty lock lockboxes are the ones I know of, there may be some in between, but unsure.

nemhook
x3

Post by nemhook » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 17:28

I avoid them like the plague, they're too random and toss you out in the opposite side of were you want to be.
Even though i like u, i may be called upon to kill u one day, know it isnt personal when it happens
[ external image ]

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:37

Well rifts look like the predator in a cloak, so when you get the purple response from the honking you may speed past them quite easily. think they are not marked on the map, which makes it even easier to speed past them.

But so far i don't now what their purpose is, would be extremely cool if we could build jump gates at their location opening up new ways to travel.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 22:01

Grimmrog wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:37
Well rifts look like the predator in a cloak, so when you get the purple response from the honking you may speed past them quite easily. think they are not marked on the map, which makes it even easier to speed past them.

But so far i don't now what their purpose is, would be extremely cool if we could build jump gates at their location opening up new ways to travel.
All they do right now is warp you to a different sector
After a bit of playing around with them it appears to be random sector connection
The connection points do not appear to be static either

I spent some time doing 180's & dropping beacons .. eventually you start to reconnect to pre-exited sectors ... but you have to do a hell of a lot of bouncing around in the mean time.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 13:38

Eldhor wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 00:10

For all the lock boxes that aren't the single lock you can jump out of your ship and use your spacesuit laser to open them. It takes time, but it's how you're supposed to open them.
In a small ship its easy enough to pop the locks off with a single gun selected. Also you can nudge the box to stop it spinning and rotating first with the ship itself.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 16:03

Deep Space Dragoon wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 13:51
Loot Boxes are Blue or Gold pings.Found a Sphere with 10 locks which gave gold ping,after trying a couple of times to unlocking it and blowing it to smithreens I gave up.Unless it becomes apparently that they drop something really worthwhile I ain't going to gimp myself by fitting lower power weapons just i can unlock Loot boxes occasionally. :lol:

edit to add that Shipwrecks and Asteroids can also give Blue or Gold pings just add to the confusion. :roll:
Space suit lazer is your friend and very accurate with a bit of practice :)

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 16:18

Smacksim wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 13:38
Also you can nudge the box to stop it spinning and rotating first with the ship itself.
Wait ... wat ??

omg :oops:

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Thu, 20. Aug 20, 04:12

Also, with Ion Cannons, you can nuke the locks in a ship pretty easy. MUCH quicker. :idea:

multiSnow

Post by multiSnow » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 16:07

Rifts (or anomaly, called by BosoTa) are created with the galaxy created (new game started), except the two in the sector where player found BosoTa and the sector where player's HQ is in. (Yes, you may also find Boso in the Grand Exchange I, then there will be two anomaly in that sector.)

There's only one anomaly in the galaxy, which Boso tell player to fly into, will send the ship to static destnation, which the one in Grand Exchange I and near the player's HQ (defined in code). (So you will almostly lost youself if fly into the anomaly near your HQ to welcome Boso.)

I feel them have no worth, so I made a mod, a simple script to blow themselves up at the start of game and after I meet Boso.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sat, 22. Aug 20, 01:00

You guys realize this thread is over a year and a half old?
The original discussion died less than 1 month following release of the game.
They didn't have ion canons in these prehistoric days. :roll:
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”