How to move the connecting point for a Dock at the PHQ?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZacUK
x4

How to move the connecting point for a Dock at the PHQ?

Post by ZacUK » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:03

Hello,

In the PHQ Planning tool, I want to add a dock for bigger ships.

How do I move the connecting point? I can't seem to work it out..

Thanks in advance!

Barons
x4

Re: How to move the connecting point for a Dock at the PHQ?

Post by Barons » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:28

You can rotate the modules by placing them in a spot in space where they are green and then rotate them using the right mouse button. Then once its rotated how you want you can pick it back up and it will work normally.

However for some reason that size dock wont fit where you are trying to place it. i believe the only smallest of the 3 sizes of large docks is the only one that will work without you building something that looks crazy to make it work.

Jaxartes
x4

Post by Jaxartes » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:29

Hold Right click to rotate parts

ZacUK
x4

Post by ZacUK » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:38

Thanks both, I get it now.

If the module is red, then I guess it isn't placeable.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:01

3 Tier pier requires more space due to the L/XL ships. That's what the red rectangles indicate the landing/docking area. You can place a one tier pier provided you build one section to the left or right of the vanilla dock and one out from it. Three tier pier you would likely have to build up or down at least five sections perhaps less or more due to the docking lanes. Personally, I wouldn't waste time on the PHQ. Build in an unclaimed area and expand your plots with ease. Build an admin building to claim it. You technically afaik build one station to handle everything production wise. You can then build smaller defensive platforms around it making it an uber fortress.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:46

It's weird they gave the 3 dock T pier to the player as default when there are 1 dock piers in the game.

I personally use a 3 dock E pier on the PHQ but it was a waste of money on some basic water production...The middle structure takes up to much space better start your own station in either unclaimed space or pay the license for a more frequented one. I saw 8 million license cost for a max sized plot in Profit Center Alpha at rep 21, it's not that much if you factor in the other costs.

Just build a standard 6S 1M dock to progress the plot and ignore the red text. It's enough for the plot to progress and it's cheap.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”