Advanced Starts

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreaming_Warrior
x4

Advanced Starts

Post by Dreaming_Warrior » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 19:50

I've gotten the Unworthy Entrepreneur start, anyone find any others. If so, do you know how you got them? Fairly sure the Unworthy Entrepreneur came from the +10 Teladi Rank and/or joining the trade guild.

RodentofDoom
x4

Re: Advanced Starts

Post by RodentofDoom » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 14:23

I've been restarting on death's to tinker with different starts, play options etc.

Start #4: Raised Teladi rep to 13+ & joined guild
Start #9: Gained ownership of "Unknown Station"

For #5 the Entrepreneur start was unavailable
For #10 it was

Dreaming_Warrior
x4

Post by Dreaming_Warrior » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:30

Nice, good info. So its probably just gaining the station. It may be that its the only advanced start in the game atm

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 21:54

joining the Teladi trade guild opens that game start from my understanding

Albibak
x4

Post by Albibak » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 13:46

Hello,

There are only 5 starts that are not tests in gamestarts.xml and the pirate one has a debug tag and the code for player ship spawn is commented (tagged as comment as to not be taken into account).

Unworthy entrepreneur seems to be the only unlockable start at the moment.

Best regards.

Albibak

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:33

Oddly, despite having achieved the various milestones people claim triggered the new gamestart for them, it's never become available for me. Not planning to restart just yet, but I have checked a number of times after certain milestones and it's never popped up.

Scoob.

Deep Space Dragoon
x4

Post by Deep Space Dragoon » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 15:10

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:33
Oddly, despite having achieved the various milestones people claim triggered the new gamestart for them, it's never become available for me. Not planning to restart just yet, but I have checked a number of times after certain milestones and it's never popped up.

Scoob.
Have you got the "That's No Moon! " Achievement? i.e Discover the mysterious installation.I saw a post on Reddit which said it was tied to that.I play on GOG like yourself and have it and therefore the fourth start unlocked.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 15:39

Deep Space Dragoon wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 15:10
Have you got the "That's No Moon! " Achievement? i.e Discover the mysterious installation.I saw a post on Reddit which said it was tied to that.I play on GOG like yourself and have it and therefore the fourth start unlocked.
Does the GoG version even have achievements? I've got the HQ building if that's what you mean, or is there some other large station I'm missing?

Scoob.

Deep Space Dragoon
x4

Post by Deep Space Dragoon » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 16:17

Yes unlocking the PHQ should have done it.I use their client (GOG Galaxy)and achievements are tracked there and also on your activity feed when logged into their Website.Maybe check your feed and see if it's unlocked,if not maybe there's a Bug when you don't their client it doesn't track achievements properly. :?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”