How to level up Piloting skill?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: How to level up Piloting skill?

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 00:04

zazie wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 18:30
On a side note: You want to mark a container floating in space? You can do that, but not on the huge map. Use those tiny little, hardly visible symbols in the radar instead :mrgreen:
You /can/do it on the main map. It's even explained in the tutorial: hover cursor over <item> & press T. If you /click/ on the item in the map it's a different context, which doesn't include targeting :(

I agree it's confusing & unintuitive, but I guess the DEVthink behind it is the necessity of having less options within certain context menus to avoid a whole stack of available commands..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 08:31

zazie wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 18:30
ishmaeltheforsaken wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 17:28
Select the ship you want to give an order to on the map and right click the location you want to move it to or the station you want it to trade with.
Thanks! Have to get used to the new menu-philosophy in X4. I would never have found out by-myself, I fear :D

On a side note: You want to mark a container floating in space? You can do that, but not on the huge map. Use those tiny little, hardly visible symbols in the radar instead :mrgreen:
Or hover with the mouse over it on the map and hit T.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 16:08

I stand corrected. Thanks for hints and clarifications.
Mouse + t, that's using both hands for one command. In its normal position on [WAS]D, my finger can hardly hit t without my hand moving slightly away from steering-keys. But that's a completely other level of piloting skills :mrgreen:

Eagle
x4

Post by Eagle » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 23:20

Wou wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 19:20
On the map just lefclick the ship to select it and then rightclick any empty bit of the map to have that in the context menu.
Very intuitive, I know.
This doesn’t work for me. No autotrade option with right click. No autotrade option unless a three star pilot - and they’re impossible to find or level up to. :(

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 00:40

Eagle wrote:
Sun, 17. Feb 19, 23:20
Wou wrote:
On the map just lefclick the ship to select it and then rightclick any empty bit of the map to have that in the context menu.
Very intuitive, I know.
This doesn’t work for me. No autotrade option with right click. No autotrade option unless a three star pilot - and they’re impossible to find or level up to. :(

yeah, this "bug" was "fixed" a while ago, you can no longer level up your pilots this way, they need 3 stars to autotrade

they don't need a single star to trade for a factory you own though (or do combat stuff)

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 06:41

Eagle wrote:
Sun, 17. Feb 19, 23:20
Wou wrote:
Very intuitive, I know.
When you buy a new ship you get a pilot in the 2..4 stars range. You can buy the cheapest ship available, put the pilot into your trader and then sell the ship again.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 17:32

Hello all.
I find the easiest way for me to level up a pilot is to assign him to a station and let him do trading. Highlite the ship (fighters) and then right click on one of your stations and assign him there to do trading.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”