There is a base in my base

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bubbabenali
x4

There is a base in my base

Post by bubbabenali » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 08:45

After some hours spend in the game I decided to do the PHQ mission. This is the result:
Is there a way to get rid of the Teladi Microchip Factory 1 or to move my base away?

IGoMarch

Re: There is a base in my base

Post by IGoMarch » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 10:27

bubbabenali wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 08:45
After some hours spend in the game I decided to do the PHQ mission. This is the result:
Is there a way to get rid of the Teladi Microchip Factory 1 or to move my base away?
There is always a way. Though the only one I can see here is gathering enough firepower and simply wiping the lizards out with their station. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 13:57

One would figure that the antimatter blast would clear things out a bit.

But NooOOOOooo...!

That being said, wouldn't surprise me if the base ID was in a save file somewhere, and you could just wipe it with notepad. Everything has a registration ID in X4. Might use that to find it.

bubbabenali
x4

Post by bubbabenali » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:51

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 13:57
One would figure that the antimatter blast would clear things out a bit.

But NooOOOOooo...!

That being said, wouldn't surprise me if the base ID was in a save file somewhere, and you could just wipe it with notepad. Everything has a registration ID in X4. Might use that to find it.
I tried, but searching a 250MB xml file without a clue for what exactly to search for doesn't sound very fun...

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 18:52

Well, in-game the factories have registration numbers like your ships. So you probably want to search for "ABC-123" looking values.

bubbabenali
x4

Post by bubbabenali » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 23:23

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 18:52
Well, in-game the factories have registration numbers like your ships. So you probably want to search for "ABC-123" looking values.
Thanks, did the trick for me.

Now if the savegame wouldn't contain any little information - even a complete log of all of my fleets ships... Would be much easier to handle if the file hadn't more than 5 million lines.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”