Does SETA reduce faction / trade / military ranks / reputation ?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

Does SETA reduce faction / trade / military ranks / reputation ?

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 13:35

Title ? - Older X games used to penalise you for abusing SETA by slowly depleting your various ranks, after a certain amount of abusing it.

I do not have SETA yet, but have seen people on reddit recommending its use while they go to sleep etc .. But they dont sound like experienced players to me, so possibly (and unwittingly) damaging their in game rep

So does anyone know how it works for X4 yet ?
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Re: Does SETA reduce faction / trade / military ranks / reputation ?

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 13:44

SETA didn't penalize you for using it.

You lack of activity or excessive 'idle time' penalized you. SETA is just a time compressor, so it looks like you're being penalized for using it because it compressed your idle time up to 10 X.

You can't get a Godlike Rep and then do nothing for apparent years and expect anyone to still think you're godlike.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: Does SETA reduce faction / trade / military ranks / reputation ?

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 13:49

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 13:44
SETA didn't penalize you for using it.

You lack of activity or excessive 'idle time' penalized you. SETA is just a time compressor, so it looks like you're being penalized for using it because it compressed your idle time up to 10 X.

You can't get a Godlike Rep and then do nothing for apparent years and expect anyone to still think you're godlike.
Yes, I forgot the exact details of how it worked, but the question is as per the title just replace SETA with Idle time ..
does it do the same in X4 as it did with previous games ?, idle time slowly reduces what you have already earned in rank / reputations ?

Personally I thought the idea was a bad one which puts you off, because there were so many ranks and reputations to uphold, you could not possibly keep on top of everything all of the time, so you were bound to lose in one aspect or another while you concentrated on building or another highly involved time sink in the game you have not enough real life time to devote on.
And if you wanted something to mature quicker without wasting your life time, putting the game in SETA while you sleep was .. occasionally risky I must admit, you could potentially wake up to seeing a Xenon armada stomping all over your inactive fleet and stations .. but it was nice to be able to progress something in the game without making your actual arriss any wider due to lack of exercise being glued to the seat 24/7 :P Dont want to end up looking like a squiddy :boron:
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”