Inexpensive Way to Obtain Module Blueprints

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

whistlinjoe
x4

Inexpensive Way to Obtain Module Blueprints

Post by whistlinjoe » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:38

Not sure if this is common knowledge (it was unknown to me before I tried it and I can't find any mention of it on this forum) but you can steal the blueprints from station modules at 100% rate using the space suit and EMP bombs.

1) Locate the module you'd like to have
2) Eject from your ship and plant an EMP bomb on the module
3) Select the EMP bomb, right click on it and trigger
4) 4 Data leaks should spawn. Scan each of those and the 4th one should trigger the blueprint acquisition

The station will turn hostile temporarily but will pacify after a short time.

palm911
x4

Re: Inexpensive Way to Obtain Module Blueprints

Post by palm911 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:47

it also means you will get wrecked by the station defenses? XD .. ?)
X gamer , one at a time.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 18:56

I JUST tried to use it with my unknown module (phq) got the 4 data leaks, but no module, maybe because it already belonged to me? guess i am going out to fish out some modules, i wonder if xenon modules can be learned that way XD.
X gamer , one at a time.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 21:12

palm911 wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:47
Well you could always hide inside the structure send you ships away plant the bomb and after the scan teleport away.

Why is the mission impossible theme playing in my head now?!
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

whistlinjoe
x4

Post by whistlinjoe » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 22:15

palm911 wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 18:56
I JUST tried to use it with my unknown module (phq) got the 4 data leaks, but no module, maybe because it already belonged to me? guess i am going out to fish out some modules, i wonder if xenon modules can be learned that way XD.
Yeah. I dont think the PHQ module will have a blueprint. Not sure about the Xenon. I’m going to guess no. I was disappointed when I couldn’t capture a Xenon destroyer. Im thinking none of the Xenon assets have cockpits or interiors.

I also have the scan modules tech unlocked (though most folks that read this board probably do as well). I imagine that makes a difference.
palm911 wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:47
Im honestly not sure. The station turrets never opened up on me. But I can’t promise anything. I did have two station security ships turn hostile. But they pacified while I was still in the space suit.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 00:59

tried this on a freighter massive thing. I kept getting the data leaks I used 6 emps 1 after the other when all leaks were done.. nothing happened tho :/ .. yeah this was an experiment

majstealth
x4

Post by majstealth » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 01:25

there are also guild missions with satelites and leak problems, good source for that too

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 08:54

I certainly haven't done data leaks yet. Is there a way to do this without hostility? Like what is considered the normal way of getting the data leaks I've got all my research maxed out but haven't actually figured out how to start getting all these modules. I don't mind the more long and painful method.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:22

Kane Hart wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 08:54
I certainly haven't done data leaks yet. Is there a way to do this without hostility? Like what is considered the normal way of getting the data leaks I've got all my research maxed out but haven't actually figured out how to start getting all these modules. I don't mind the more long and painful method.
Fly around the station with scanner mode enabled, listening for the annoying whitenoise buzz. Apprach the glowing thingie and get close to it for a few seconds. You should get a mission, discount(?), or (if the research had been done) a blueprint.
But it takes a while to find any leak, and to get a leak on that specific module you would want also giving you the blueprint and not a mission - yeah, that make take some time.

Sphinx
x4

Post by Sphinx » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 18:42

Kane Hart wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 08:54
Sorry for the out of context question, and stupid on top of that... How do you start resarching HACKING and the other stuff I have seen out there?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are Genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 19:12

Sphinx wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 18:42

Sorry for the out of context question, and stupid on top of that... How do you start resarching HACKING and the other stuff I have seen out there?
You need to finish Player HQ mission chain, where after finishing it you get access to the research.
You should get this mission chain after scanning a few stations with short range scanner by listening closely to the data leak (method explained better by above poster).

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 19:29

foxxbl wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 19:12
Sphinx wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 18:42

You need to finish Player HQ mission chain, where after finishing it you get access to the research.
You should get this mission chain after scanning a few stations with short range scanner by listening closely to the data leak (method explained better by above poster).
To add to this, for starting the PHQ chain, you are looking for data leaks that both do not have 'base scrap' under them, and are trying to talk rather than just making noise (More noticeable as you get closer).
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

PreSpawn
x4

Post by PreSpawn » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 16:36

Start HQ-Plot Chain/Get special Missions -- Sparkle thingy -- : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7R7ZLkM_io
Get Blueprints -- Data leak/open cable/shockwave thingy -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACXHEKjrRWU
X2: Ace of Aces 2nd - Advanced Mogul
X3: Overlord - Master Industrialist
XTM: Battlemaster - Manufacturer
X3TC: Hero - Capitalist
X3AP: Battlemaster - Manufacturer (146 Stunden)
XR: (108 Stunden)
X4: (224 Stunden) (https://www.twitch.tv/andimech)

Scarletian
x4

Post by Scarletian » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 11:42

whistlinjoe wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:38
Not sure if this is common knowledge (it was unknown to me before I tried it and I can't find any mention of it on this forum) but you can steal the blueprints from station modules at 100% rate using the space suit and EMP bombs.

1) Locate the module you'd like to have
2) Eject from your ship and plant an EMP bomb on the module
3) Select the EMP bomb, right click on it and trigger
4) 4 Data leaks should spawn. Scan each of those and the 4th one should trigger the blueprint acquisition

The station will turn hostile temporarily but will pacify after a short time.
EPIC info. Thanks.

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 09:48

Is this a way to get the blue prints for the module to make ships?

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 10:52

waynetarlton wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 09:48
did not had any Luck with them yet. maybe it requires the emp blow up method to get them?

kuro11
x4

Post by kuro11 » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 16:03

Grimmrog wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 10:52
waynetarlton wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 09:48
did not had any Luck with them yet. maybe it requires the emp blow up method to get them?
It is not officially in the game yet. There is the mod: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403662
And according to the updates video: https://youtu.be/2hRC4pBl7qM?t=300 (@5:00) Player owned shipyards may be a thing in 2.0 (though it was a "strong probably" and not "for sure" IMO)

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 09:20

It seems as if at the moment you can't get any dock-, wharf- or trade station-specific blue prints. Not the specific docking modules and not the universal storage modules. Not with data leak scanning nor EMP bombing.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 06:11

Does this mean 4 Data leaks should spawn while scanning a module of a station, then blueprint?

Would be nice to known the percentage chance of a spawn for blueprints.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 08:10

shealladh wrote:
Tue, 8. Jan 19, 06:11
Does this mean 4 Data leaks should spawn while scanning a module of a station, then blueprint?

Would be nice to known the percentage chance of a spawn for blueprints.
You seem not to have read or understood the first post in the thread. :) A recap:

1) Get out of space ship (with space suit equipped with bomb launcher and EMP bombs)
2) Place EMP bomb on hull of the station module you need the blueprint for.
3) Trigger EMP bomb with secondary fire button (probably R).
4) This is step 4. In step four FOUR data leaks will spawn on the station module, near-ish to where you placed the bomb. Four! (sorry... got carried away with the number four)
5) Turn on scan mode in your space suit and scan all four data leaks. The fourth one will have the blueprint, if you didn't already know the blueprint. 100% chance, or 0% chance for modules we aren't allowed to build yet like ship construction.

Now, you can indeed sometimes find blueprints in data leaks WITHOUT using an EMP. Knowing the rate for that will be interesting, but I can say from my personal experience that it's just faster and easier and better in almost every way to simply obtain and use the EMP. Because 100% chance is better than some (low-ish) random chance for getting the blueprint on top of the (low-ish) chance that the module will have a data leak at all. You don't want to have to travel to every station in the galaxy that has the module you want, hoping for one with a data leak. Just go to the closest one and make the required leaks.

Also free tip to everyone: YOU CAN USE MULTIPLE EMP BOMBS AT ONCE on a station for no additional rep loss that I have noticed. So let's say you put an EMP on the pier, large dome, admin center, disk defence platform, and L container storage on a paranid trading station. You can trigger them all simultaneously (just avoid triggering until you have placed them all), pop them all at once, and get all five blueprints in one stop. :)
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”