Getting better pilots for your ships

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

Getting better pilots for your ships

Post by foxxbl » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 20:42

So far, it is hard and time wasting to find pilots with good skills around, especially for the derelict ships.
The "trick" what I am using now is to buy cheap S ship, and usually I get captain at least with 2*, in average with 3* .
Reassign the captain to other ship and then sell that ship at the equipment dock where I can get best price.. bough skeleton magpie for 170k and sell it for 115k which is 55k price tag for pilot :)

It would be great to upgrade ship at the Wharf with the captain but it doesn't give me that option to upgrade pilot-less ship with the captain..
Any other tricks to get good crew now from 1.3 ?
Last edited by foxxbl on Sun, 9. Dec 18, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.

toepick
x4

Re: Getting better pilots for your ships

Post by toepick » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 01:29

I have been wondering the same since 1.3, cant pilfer the other ships now but neither does there seem to be any experienced anything out there.

if anyone finds a good spot please share, I seem to remember in X:R experienced people could be found in certain areas.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:27

Update - so far buying cheapest Elite Vanguard in bulk - 10 pieces and from 10 I have good deal of 3* pilots, a few 4* and a few 2*.
I reassign them to ships with the crews with piloting skill of 2* or less - 4* for scouts, and the 3* I use for miners and traders.
I solved my pilot problems with a workaround :)

This reminds me of the X3:TC/AP times, buying scout ships and training them via CAG, reassigning them to sector/universe traders. This is more expensive but less time consuming.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:39

So far I've been using several scouts running autotrade as my flight school, moving pilots to other ships once they get a star or two.
Profit may be miniscule, but they do raise the race relations as a bonus.

Interestingly doing autotrade also seems to raise management skill

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 12:44

This is helpful..
Wou wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:39
Interestingly doing autotrade also seems to raise management skill

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 13:17

I noticed that two. All my "trainees" that have been auto-trading for quite a few hours have gone from zero to one star piloting, but from zero to two stars in management.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”