Hatikvah Free League questions

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreaming_Warrior
x4

Hatikvah Free League questions

Post by Dreaming_Warrior » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 12:21

1. Has anyone found a Shipyard, Wharf, or Equipment dock belonging to the Free league? I have licenses for their ships but have yet to locate where to actually get them.

2. Has anyone actually found the Mercenary Guild representative. He didn't contact me after getting the new rank.

I'm hoping someone has seen whatever I can't find, because otherwise this faction seems really unfinished. How are they supposed to replenish their ships if they don't have the capability of building them?

palm911
x4

Re: Hatikvah Free League questions

Post by palm911 » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 15:57

CBJ is the league representative .. hehehe.

i think its broken .. not entirely true.
X gamer , one at a time.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 03:45

Dreaming_Warrior wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 12:21
1. Has anyone found a Shipyard, Wharf, or Equipment dock belonging to the Free league? I have licenses for their ships but have yet to locate where to actually get them.

2. Has anyone actually found the Mercenary Guild representative. He didn't contact me after getting the new rank.

I'm hoping someone has seen whatever I can't find, because otherwise this faction seems really unfinished. How are they supposed to replenish their ships if they don't have the capability of building them?
Their main sector is on the far side of either the Rift or the Void; whatever is accessible through Second Contact.

They have at least a wharf there.

Dreaming_Warrior
x4

Post by Dreaming_Warrior » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 09:51

The far side of the void from second contact is Antigone Memorial, which is Antigone space with Antigone Shipyards/Wharfs. The only sector I have found that they control is Hatikvah's Choice I, which has a HAT trade station but no shipyards/wharfs that I can find.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 10:09

They are classified as a Pirate Faction, which is why they fly raiders and such.
Don't know why everyone loves them though...
Anyway:
I have found 2 HAT pirate bases (which in the old games made the ships) but no warfs/shipyards yet, though they have other stations.

Ranix
x4

Post by Ranix » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 11:19

I haven't found a HAT shipyard yet and I haven't seen a Raider vessel since day 1

Dreaming_Warrior
x4

Post by Dreaming_Warrior » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 12:21

Yeah I've looked all over the place. It appears there isn't one and the mercenary guild isn't in the game even with the invite. With the SCA shipyard not working and the Free League having no actual infrastructure I guess you're forced to align with one of the main powers to do a pirate playthrough.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:01

Dreaming_Warrior wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 09:51
The far side of the void from second contact is Antigone Memorial, which is Antigone space with Antigone Shipyards/Wharfs. The only sector I have found that they control is Hatikvah's Choice I, which has a HAT trade station but no shipyards/wharfs that I can find.
Whoops, you're right.

Scale plate pact doesn't have control over their namesake sector either.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:02

Dreaming_Warrior wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 12:21
Yeah I've looked all over the place. It appears there isn't one and the mercenary guild isn't in the game even with the invite. With the SCA shipyard not working and the Free League having no actual infrastructure I guess you're forced to align with one of the main powers to do a pirate playthrough.
A privateer play through DOES sound interesting, though.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:05

...I mean pirates aren't exactly known for buying things or building ships on their own :roll:

Dreaming_Warrior
x4

Post by Dreaming_Warrior » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:34

Wou wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:05
...I mean pirates aren't exactly known for buying things or building ships on their own :roll:
In the X4 universe, they're apparently not known for stealing either as the only way to put weapons, shields, missiles, drones, engines and anything else you need can only be gained at a registered legally approved shipyard. I can't exactly steal a T1 and fill it full of appropriated weapon shipments since there's none to be had. Miss my Yaki chop shop shipyard already.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:37

Yeah, not being able to transfer weapons or ammunition without having them equipped, or to swap them between ships at all is a big letdown.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 20:14

Dreaming_Warrior wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:34
Wou wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:05
In the X4 universe, they're apparently not known for stealing either as the only way to put weapons, shields, missiles, drones, engines and anything else you need can only be gained at a registered legally approved shipyard. I can't exactly steal a T1 and fill it full of appropriated weapon shipments since there's none to be had. Miss my Yaki chop shop shipyard already.
That won't be a problem the moment Egosoft fixes the stupid _G being nil Lua bug: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403662

527406163@qq.com
x4

Post by 527406163@qq.com » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 03:34

They can buy their ship at the Trade Space Station. There's a ship trader in it.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 08:47

Pirate factions buy their ships from the Argon Fed. Saw SCA buy Behemoths then upgrade them at different shipyards. That's why those ships have Paranid engines, Teladi shields etc. Found one in the process of changing it's loadout. Sacnned it revealing it's identity while docked at the PAR shipyard and it got promptly destroyed by station defenses. That's a loss of 14 mill for me as I usually capture them.

XUniCez
x4

Post by XUniCez » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 17:04

Dreaming_Warrior wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 12:21

In my game HAT has Free Port(icon is 2 sabres criss crossing) in Silent Witness XI. There was no ship dealer to buy anything or any rep so not sure what a "free port" in this game is about.

However in Hatikva's Choice I, there is a HAT Argon Trading Station that has a rep(i was invited there) ALSO this station has a ship dealership BUT no NPC to talk to.. also no option via right-click to buy ships on map.
You can walk into the ship dealer office which shows the 3D models but no NPC. Not sure what this is all about. Maybe i need to reach a higher rank before i can buy ships. Im only at rank 12 at the moment.

Dreaming_Warrior
x4

Post by Dreaming_Warrior » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 17:25

I saw the ship dealer, but right now much like the SCA shipyard in the Cove its disabled. I switched to playing Privateer for HOP since everyone seems to hate them anyway. I'll just have to wait to see what ego has up their sleeves for us pirate players.

XUniCez
x4

Post by XUniCez » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 17:44

Dreaming_Warrior wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 17:25
I saw the ship dealer, but right now much like the SCA shipyard in the Cove its disabled. I switched to playing Privateer for HOP since everyone seems to hate them anyway. I'll just have to wait to see what ego has up their sleeves for us pirate players.
Yep! ANd don't forget the modding community.. hehe.. cant wait.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”