Where are Borons and Splits?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

letwolf

Where are Borons and Splits?

Post by letwolf » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 16:18

...yeah I met only one Boron in PHQ quest.
Where others?! Ships, stations etc

Playbahnosh
x4

Re: Where are Borons and Splits?

Post by Playbahnosh » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 15:53

Future DLCs.

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:05

One design feature Ego did well was how modular the game is. Plugging new DLC in should be pretty seamless for them, and there's a thread in the modding forums where someone is demonstrating adding new custom sectors, so in a year or so between modders and maybe a DLC you could potentially make your game's universe outrageous in scale. Foundation is a good name for this. The core, framework, skeleton, whatever term you want to use is there and it's well done. It's got it's issues now for sure, but long term I'm excited because this is going to be one kick-ass game.

Arze
x4

Post by Arze » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:58

They were assimilated and genocided by the Xenon and the Khaak respectively. I want to see boron ships in X4 a lot though... Wonder how they look...

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:16

Arze wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:58
They were assimilated and genocided by the Xenon and the Khaak respectively. I want to see boron ships in X4 a lot though... Wonder how they look...
Here's hoping they still build Threshers, that they still have those broad manta-ray wings, and they are still packing six BFG's in the leading edge of said wings.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

Rincewind79
x3tc

Post by Rincewind79 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 16:29

Didnt the Thresher have this long tail, that loves to collide with stations and stuff?

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 18:24

Rincewind79 wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 16:29
Didnt the Thresher have this long tail, that loves to collide with stations and stuff?
It had a bit of a tail, but I never managed to smack it on anything.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:55

leecarter wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:05
One design feature Ego did well was how modular the game is. Plugging new DLC in should be pretty seamless for them, and there's a thread in the modding forums where someone is demonstrating adding new custom sectors, so in a year or so between modders and maybe a DLC you could potentially make your game's universe outrageous in scale. Foundation is a good name for this. The core, framework, skeleton, whatever term you want to use is there and it's well done. It's got it's issues now for sure, but long term I'm excited because this is going to be one kick-ass game.
Looking forward to the additions. Mostly the missing races, I do hope too that they bring back those racial Corporations (with separate reputations for each Faction ) as well to add some flavour. I guess the modders will if ES don't :D

For me, aside from the races, the size is fine, it just needs more within it. So really hoping we can get some good mods that expand the missions types.
The other thing I'm wishing for as well is more ships.

mnemon
x4

Post by mnemon » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 00:13

I've had split crew, can get them at least from the ALI wharf when hiring crew.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 09:55

mnemon wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 00:13
I've had split crew, can get them at least from the ALI wharf when hiring crew.
But they're clones, aren't they? Sounding female, wearing all the same outfit... The only thing reminding to Split is the names.

Sujic
x4

Post by Sujic » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 01:03

I expect Split to be added first. Boron ships might be a while before they get added to the game, since boron are aquatic and it wouldn't make any sense for them to build ships that are not filled with water, which would mean a whole additional way of moving in their cockpits.
Thank God I am atheist.

mopz
x4

Post by mopz » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 16:55

which would mean a whole additional way of moving in their cockpits.
Wow, this is a great idea.
Thinking about their ships completely filled with water and me diving through it in a suit...

Very cool idea - I hope this is currently developed like this...

/root
x4

Post by /root » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 20:06

I think Borons are too smart and would not fill up their ships with water, because this would add an insane amount of mass - something you just don't want for any vehicle. Plus there are drawings in the timeline entry number 323 (you get it through the history mission - title of that entry is something like "First Contact with Borons") that suggests they solved it another way ;)
Spoiler
Show
It shows a Boron in a hovering water bubble in front of some human being.
Maybe they'd have small water filled tanks to sleep in - but I think filling the cockpit or even the entire ship up with water is a bad idea. As said: consider mass and the somewhat unnessessary effort needed to implement scubba gear. Especially when you could just drain the cockpit if you're not Boron yourself. Plus you'd still be left with treating Borons completely different from everyone else. As a start they could not be found at other races' stations like everyone else. It's just way simpler to use the solution that T323 suggests and be done with it - compatible with every existing technology.

Anyhow - did anyone find split housing modules yet? I'd like to get my hands on split station parts. Regarding the clone model: definitely an awesome improvement over the past design :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”