Guide on Stealing Blueprints - With Pictures

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

blin25

Re: Guide on Stealing Blueprints - With Pictures

Post by blin25 » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 18:30

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 19, 08:59
No and no.
You need to buy blueprints for both the modules and the ships.
Modules yes. I managed to get the blueprints of the M class ship. Finding an abandoned ship (neutral faction), going out in a spacesuit and detonating an EMP bomb. Received 4 leaks. After scanning 1 received the ship's blueprints.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 18:44

blin25 wrote:
Sat, 2. Mar 19, 18:30
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
No and no.
Modules yes. I managed to get the blueprints of the M class ship. Finding an abandoned ship (neutral faction), going out in a spacesuit and detonating an EMP bomb. Received 4 leaks. After scanning 1 received the ship's blueprints.
That's awesome work!

I'm going to wait another week or so, to see how everything pans out, and then update the guide again. It's been a while since I created it, though not much changed until 2.0 came out. I appreciate little bits of info like this!

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Sun, 3. Mar 19, 17:15

blin25 wrote:
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
No and no.
I was thinking about trying the same when I'm far enough in the game to build a wharf. Nice to hear that it works. What about going on board a friendly ship and then doing the same?

blin25

Post by blin25 » Sun, 3. Mar 19, 21:13

RainerPrem wrote:
Sun, 3. Mar 19, 17:15

I was thinking about trying the same when I'm far enough in the game to build a wharf. Nice to hear that it works. What about going on board a friendly ship and then doing the same?
With friendly ships it does not work. I could not get the ship's blueprint, only the data was decoded from 4 data leaks. No blueprint.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 09:50

blin25 wrote:
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
No and no.
Wow that's nice!
I'm going to try asap, thanks for the tip!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 22:39

Updated again, not much changed with CoH/v4.0.... stations are not getting angry even though after the second EMP they have strong words for you, which I imagine won't stay that way forever. Also, it's much more common to get the BP on your first EMP, along with a trade sub on the 4th data leak spawned. The next set of data leaks on a different module of the same station can give you the trade partner added relatively often.

SphinxofBlackQuartz
x4

Post by SphinxofBlackQuartz » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 03:24

Thank you for the guide — super handy!
THE HAPPINESS OF SEEING AGAIN THE SLIGHTLY DISGUSTING ALIEN FRIENDS. EXTREME DELIGHTFUL.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 11:37

currently running 6.0 beta and when i launch emps they attach and go off properly and the 4 leaks appear but i get to scan one of them, they disappear and i do not optain any blueprints, i have done all the researches at HQ. I am currently trying to aquire the scrap processor off a teladi station...?
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 11:46

dougeye wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 11:37
currently running 6.0 beta and when i launch emps they attach and go off properly and the 4 leaks appear but i get to scan one of them, they disappear and i do not optain any blueprints, i have done all the researches at HQ. I am currently trying to aquire the scrap processor off a teladi station...?
Beta 6 issues go to the beta 6 board - preferably after a quick search if someone already reported it.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 18:45

I don't think TEL stations have scrap processors. RIP stations do. Maybe TEL do, and I've just never seen one.

I've been playing a Vanilla game during this 6.0 beta, and I've had no issues with scanning EMP created leaks unless the leaks spawned inside the structure where I couldn't reach them, which is a known issue. But I've emp scanned at least 10 stations without issues.

If you are playing a vanilla game, and if the leaks are disappearing after you scan one leak successfully, that might be a beta bug. Id check the beta feedback forum and see if anyone else has already reported a similar issue, and if not, then you should report it with a save uploaded.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”