Reputation Loss when fighting pirates?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-ITA-
x4

Re: Reputation Loss when fighting pirates?

Post by -ITA- » Sat, 19. Oct 19, 16:07

After several updates this nasty Bug is still not fixed, can´t play anymore since February! :evil:
The situation: SCA Pirates herassing my Traders in HQ sector, the number of Pirates is increasing and attacks are really common now, and no Police cares about them if they are SCA. Only randomly ejected Lasertowers from attacked npc frighters, wich kill one SCA pirate, because the pirate is nuts and want to fight this tower, and not want to go after the bounty? :? OK, at least one way the SCA pirates get decimated! But it seems to be the only way. If my Ships, Lasertowers etc. are shooting and killing a SCA pirate I get a reputation loss if they destroy this before reaching the gate and jumping into another sector. I have all Police Licenses, including the one of Ministry of Finance, i saw the problems with the SCA Pirates and raised the reputation by killing smugglers and criminals in station traffic of Ministry stations, wich is a horrible and boring grind! I was hoping to get a license to kill those SCA in HQ Sector. But now if I shooting a SCA pirate I get a reputation loss and loosing my Ministry police license, unscanned and scanned there is no difference. The pirates tag of the enemy says definitly Scale Pact before and after scanning him, but I´m getting a reputation loss. By the way scanning in Fight is horrible because there is no keyboard shortcut and if you are playing with mouse and keyboard in alternate mode, the one which is activated by Shift and Space button, scanning is one of the lower functions in mouse drop down menu, wich means that you will steering away while you select the scanning function. If you reach it to activate the scanner, and turn back to the enemy, mostly the enemy is passed or out of scanner range. And sometimes the scanner bugs and then the enemy is unscannable. I think that is the main problem with this pirate wich herasses me at the moment, because scanning him a second time isn´t possible. I´m glad that Update 2.6 lowered the chance that small ships use torpedos, wich is great because often I was killed by rockets in my Nemesis by trying to scan the enemies. I hope this will help.

But at all this is so annoying, please Egosoft fix this reputation loss things in those engagements, implement a scanner shortcut to scan blue marauder ships, make sure that the scanner works with no bugs and let the Ministry or Teladi Police kill more pirates wich were herassing ships at least in their main sectors. And let me defend my frighters and mysself from SCA attackers or other pirates without scanning them first, because attacking a civil ship and going for their cargo is an pirate act. So there is no question if he is a pirate or not. If someone ask for bounty and attack, he is a criminal and should be free to engage. As long he is hostile there should be no Reputation loss for shooting pirate ships.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 20. Oct 19, 22:35

Use bait Nemesis ships and fight the pirates in low attention / out of sector. Nemesis with 5 x Ion Blaster Mk2. Should 1-2 shot any S and M pirate in low attention combat due to a logic bug. Fill the Nemesis with valuables so that pirates try to force them to drop cargo (yes they are that stupid...). Since there are no pirate Nemesis the only pirate ship that might stand a chance at killing the bait ships is the Behemoth Vanguard, which the Nemesis might still win against and can easily out speed in worst case.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 22. Oct 19, 00:19

Hello all. Since 2.6 release (and even doing the general public testing), I have not had anymore rep losses, in fact my rep went up, especially with Ministry of Finance. I double checked this by going to the area's of stations in Grand Exchange and Eighteen Billion and the shipyard and wharf area of MOF, kilt a bunch of bad guys and had no problems. Even my freighters are able now to take out bad guys. The Lizards would come up and say I did a criminal act and report it, then someone else would come up and say "Negative" right away.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”