'The Void' - Hazardous Region!

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sentinel-Ghost
x4

'The Void' - Hazardous Region!

Post by Sentinel-Ghost » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:12

Is there any way to protect ships in this irradiated asteroid belt? Ive also noticed npcs taking damage and potentially being destroyed trying to pass through this region.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... FA0D8D437/

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 'The Void' - Hazardous Region!

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 21:09

You literally just go around it in any direction.

Sentinel-Ghost
x4

Post by Sentinel-Ghost » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 10:09

repatomonor wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 21:09
You literally just go around it in any direction.
That's not really protecting ships inside this irradiated asteroid belt

Nor does it solve npc ships going straight through and being destroyed.

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 10:33

I have not noticed my NPC ships taking damage there. However the autoüilot killed me there the first time when he went right through the cryptonite.
strangely those belts are rather thin so you can go below or above them easily. unfortnately NPC's seem not to have this mental capability.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 15:30

It's a hassle to handle, but deploy nav beacons around the belt. When ordering your ships through that sector, use the nav beacons as waypoint.
It's micromanagement, but it comes with trading in dangerous sectors.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Iguanabob
x4

Post by Iguanabob » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 16:08

So this causes Hull-Damage also? So far I've only noticed it depleting my shields to zero when speeding through - although I might just have the right amount of travel speed. :gruebel:

Is there a way to tell your ships not to enter certain systems, so you can tell your traders not to travel through "The Void" for instance, as there's only AM behind it anyway?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 19:35

Similar regions were in XR. They were only damaging your ship while you were moving.

So you could move around until your shield got depleted, stop and wait for a moment, then start moving again once your shields were fully charged again.

I haven't tested this in X4 yet. These crystals were eating through my discoverer so damn fast that I just got the hell out of there and never went back.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

Sirus5
x4

Post by Sirus5 » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 12:06

This was my experience....

Your Ship "Discoverer" has found a cool ship - what shall we do....
[Select Protect] and find which ship and where - okay it's in "The Void"
[Our hero (me) sets off to the Void in the top left (North West) corner of the sector]

Nearly there - I can see several Xenon and Khaak starting to go after my Disco - so I sent him
off elsewhere and went to kill the khaak (and Xenon)... Once these were out of the way
I went towards the ship (A Drill) only to find it's in the Hazardous area and has been completely
burnt to death...!!! - and my shields drop to zero and a few seconds later I start taking hull damage....

I suspect that if a ship is in that area it doesn't take damage until it's found because the explorers simply ignore
wrecks and thus that ship must have been alive when it was found. Also - I took hull damage a few seconds after
my shields had gone to zero.

cmd craven
x4

Post by cmd craven » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 23:07

So far i have only experience damage when i'm in the system.

out of system the npc ships and my own ships fly strait through the hazard region when going from second contact to antigone memorial taking no damage.

Steel
x4

Post by Steel » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 12:42

cmd craven wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 23:07
So far i have only experience damage when i'm in the system.

out of system the npc ships and my own ships fly strait through the hazard region when going from second contact to antigone memorial taking no damage.
Same. I have miners all over that sector. Never a scratch (OOS).

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 07:58

I plotted a route around the system for my NPC pilot to explore it (I find the "explore" command too slow) and heard Bettie say "Hazardous Region". So while I was looking on the map to see if there was any filter or global command to tell NPC pilots to avoid or leave these areas when detected, my ship blew up.

The game is quite fun but there are so many small things like not being able to set a "avoid hazardous areas" as a default order, pause the behavior queue, etc. that make it seem unfinished.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 10:22

user1679 wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 07:58
I plotted a route around the system for my NPC pilot to explore it (I find the "explore" command too slow) and heard Bettie say "Hazardous Region". So while I was looking on the map to see if there was any filter or global command to tell NPC pilots to avoid or leave these areas when detected, my ship blew up.

The game is quite fun but there are so many small things like not being able to set a "avoid hazardous areas" as a default order, pause the behavior queue, etc. that make it seem unfinished.
There is an "avoid hazardous areas" in the blacklists in global.
That said the NPC's that cross these regions alone (without the player on board do not get damage, or the damage is minimum

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 22:17

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 10:22
user1679 wrote:

That said the NPC's that cross these regions alone (without the player on board do not get damage, or the damage is minimum
Yes but that's "Sectors containing dangerous regions". I don't want my pilot to avoid the whole sector, I want them to avoid the dangerous region.

Elvis Aphtee
x4

Post by Elvis Aphtee » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 23:12

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 10:22
user1679 wrote:

I've had a NPC Pegasus explore the system in a spiral pattern, out to in, deploying sats and resource probes and it never had a scratch.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 01:18

Hazor regions only deal damage when in sector and with very high attention. As such you can happily park ships in hazard space and they will not die as long as you never visit them personally.

Due to the nature of The Void, it is best to avoid visiting it frequently. This way chances of miners or traders being lost due to the hazards are kept to a minimum. As long as you are not near the hazard, it will not deal any damage.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 14:43

It is the same for Tharka's cascade: Your assets only get damaged if you're in the system yourself.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”