Security Bypass System, Security Decryption System and Security Slicer

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SirDeity12

Security Bypass System, Security Decryption System and Security Slicer

Post by SirDeity12 » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 05:25

I may be a little dense here, so please forgive me if the answer is obvious to some of you, but can someone please tell me what these items are good for other than selling? Do they have any practical use in the game? I've been saving them up since the beginning, assuming I might need them eventually. I have dozens of each now and I'd like to put them to use.

cmd craven
x4

Re: Security Bypass System, Security Decryption System and Security Slicer

Post by cmd craven » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 11:58

I haven't tried it yet, but you suppose to use them at terminals at stations security and Engineering rooms

Fonz
x4

Post by Fonz » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 14:02

Spoiler
Show
they are for hacking stations. iirr you can stop their production, you can hack their security so it doesn't' respond to your misdeeds, you can hack their storage so you can steal their stuff. there may be more but i don't' know. sometimes the pirates will hire you to hack their security. stopping production lasts a long time so make sure its something you want to do.

Krawz
x4

Post by Krawz » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 01:52

So far I've only found security offices on warfs and shipyards. Unfortunately the missions I've taken on for hacking repair and security terminals send me to stations that have no security rooms.

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:35

I have not seen any need yet for the Security Bypass System. But for the others (see Spoiler):
Security Hacking Systems and usage (Spoiler)
Show

Security Decryption System for Terminals in Hangar/Docks and Terminals at Landing Docks of Carriers like 'Cerberus'
You find there Produktion console = Hacking stops production for 1 to 5 hours. But it's not really clear what is produced there. May be the repairs of the hull (just guess).

Security Slicer (at one Terminal) and Security Decryption System (at the others) for the Terminals in Security Office
Security console = Hacking deactivates the security installations (Station don't get hostile if you collect previous dropped Containers or use an EMP Bomb)
Weapons console = Hacking let Station weapons not working for 5 to 10 minutes
Shields console = Hacking let Station shields not working for 5 to 10 minutes
Repair console = Hacking deactivates Station repairs for 1 to 5 hours

Security Decryption System for Terminals in Tech/Engineering Department
Storage Systems console = Hacking drops a random amount of wares from Station storage into space
Construction console = Hacking stopps construction (may be the station module construction - not tested yet).
Production console = Stop production for 1 to 5 hours
Trade console = Hacking gives you 10% rebate

Sorry if misspelled something above, I'm German and play German version of the game.
So just tried to translate the german names of the things in game into english. May be some items named different.

duwardl
x3tc

Post by duwardl » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 08:06

I could care less about selling I would like to drop the security decryption system but it won't let you do that either so I guess I have to start my game over and not pick stuff up this time.

MurryChang
x4

Post by MurryChang » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 17:38

duwardl wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 08:06
I could care less about selling I would like to drop the security decryption system but it won't let you do that either so I guess I have to start my game over and not pick stuff up this time.
Just go to a station that has the correct terminal and use them all up. You have to do it one at a time but it's just a couple clicks for each one and that's WAY easier than starting over.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 18:10

SirDeity12 wrote:
Mon, 24. Dec 18, 05:25
I may be a little dense here, so please forgive me if the answer is obvious to some of you, but can someone please tell me what these items are good for other than selling? Do they have any practical use in the game? I've been saving them up since the beginning, assuming I might need them eventually. I have dozens of each now and I'd like to put them to use.
I don't know even how you can sell them now? They cannot be sold (as far up to 1.5) as Egosoft wanted to encourage players to use them.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 06:38

foxxbl wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 18:10
SirDeity12 wrote:
I don't know even how you can sell them now? They cannot be sold (as far up to 1.5) as Egosoft wanted to encourage players to use them.
Have you tried using the Black Marketeers in bars, you upgrade your standing with them to sell

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 07:12

shealladh wrote:
Fri, 25. Jan 19, 06:38
foxxbl wrote:
SirDeity12 wrote:
Have you tried using the Black Marketeers in bars, you upgrade your standing with them to sell
Nope, ALL black marketeers are SCA, reputation fixed.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 07:37

RainerPrem wrote:
Fri, 25. Jan 19, 07:12
shealladh wrote:
Fri, 25. Jan 19, 06:38
foxxbl wrote:

Nope, ALL black marketeers are SCA, reputation fixed.
Sorry keep forgetting that. When you try to sell, it says "Raise your reputation".
Guess we have to wait for the DLC :wink:

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 11:48

No, pref has confirmed (in the X4 General Discussions) that he could sell those items to a Teladi Black Marketeer after having reached rank 30.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 12:20

zazie wrote:
Mon, 28. Jan 19, 11:48
No, pref has confirmed (in the X4 General Discussions) that he could sell those items to a Teladi Black Marketeer after having reached rank 30.
Cheers, will give this a shot, have 43 million worth of stuff that pirates want, and willing to unload on any marketeer interested :P

akeelah
x3tc

Post by akeelah » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 23:56

I've yet to discover a use for the Security Bypass System or Security Slicer.

But I've found the Security Decryption System to be invaluable. I use to hack the Storage Console in the Engineering room of Shipyards, Equipment Docks, and Wharves whose storage containers have become full. It re-creates the demand for Smart Chips (among other things), and breathes new life into those Smart Chip complexes I built so long ago when the demand for Chips appeared to be endless.

Now thanks to those Security Decryption Systems, it IS endless! The Smart Chip money train is back on track!

And now, I plan to try the same thing with Booze and Weed. I gather that the profits are huge until the buyers fill up on inventory. Now I can be sure they NEVER fill completely up on inventory. Distillery #1 is already under construction!

Which leads me to wonder... where is all that Nividium being stored nowadays, anyway? :D
Universal Cargo Transfer (UCarT) -- Unleash the power of your Transporter Device!

MurryChang
x4

Post by MurryChang » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 16:44

akeelah wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 23:56
I've yet to discover a use for the Security Bypass System or Security Slicer.

But I've found the Security Decryption System to be invaluable. I use to hack the Storage Console in the Engineering room of Shipyards, Equipment Docks, and Wharves whose storage containers have become full. It re-creates the demand for Smart Chips (among other things), and breathes new life into those Smart Chip complexes I built so long ago when the demand for Chips appeared to be endless.

Now thanks to those Security Decryption Systems, it IS endless! The Smart Chip money train is back on track!

And now, I plan to try the same thing with Booze and Weed. I gather that the profits are huge until the buyers fill up on inventory. Now I can be sure they NEVER fill completely up on inventory. Distillery #1 is already under construction!

Which leads me to wonder... where is all that Nividium being stored nowadays, anyway? :D
The Nvidium is in trading stations I believe. I went around the galaxy dumping the storage from all the wharves/shipyards/trading stations and was able to do another round of nvidium selling after that.

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 18:19

zazie wrote:
Mon, 28. Jan 19, 11:48
I’m not sure if it’s intended behavior or a glitch, but there are a few black marketeers affiliated with the "ordinary factions". They are rare but they do exist. You can sell those pesky items to them once you reached level 30 in the corresponding faction.

If you don’t want to search the whole galaxy to find one of those unicorns, you can cheat by simply looking into your saves. It requires a bit of technical knowledge, but it’s doable.

If you want to do it the regular way, you can simply find the Lucrative Opportunities missions and check the quest giver affiliation in order to skip all the SCA/HAT black marketeers, until you find a Teladi/Paranid/Argon affiliated quest giver (in my game, I found an Argon affiliated Split black marketeer).

It seems the black marketeers are not regenerated when moving OOZ. So just scan stations one by one and pray for the RNG gods (I’m pretty sure they are randomly generated at game start).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”