Security Bypass System, Security Decryption System and Security Slicer

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HBK
x4

Re: Security Bypass System, Security Decryption System and Security Slicer

Post by HBK » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 18:19

zazie wrote:
Mon, 28. Jan 19, 11:48
No, pref has confirmed (in the X4 General Discussions) that he could sell those items to a Teladi Black Marketeer after having reached rank 30.
I’m not sure if it’s intended behavior or a glitch, but there are a few black marketeers affiliated with the "ordinary factions". They are rare but they do exist. You can sell those pesky items to them once you reached level 30 in the corresponding faction.

If you don’t want to search the whole galaxy to find one of those unicorns, you can cheat by simply looking into your saves. It requires a bit of technical knowledge, but it’s doable.

If you want to do it the regular way, you can simply find the Lucrative Opportunities missions and check the quest giver affiliation in order to skip all the SCA/HAT black marketeers, until you find a Teladi/Paranid/Argon affiliated quest giver (in my game, I found an Argon affiliated Split black marketeer).

It seems the black marketeers are not regenerated when moving OOZ. So just scan stations one by one and pray for the RNG gods (I’m pretty sure they are randomly generated at game start).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”