Conquering Xenon Sectors...

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordaquarius
x4

Conquering Xenon Sectors...

Post by lordaquarius » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 13:16

I started taking over the Xenon sectors, and I ran into the indestructible Build Storage issue... The Xenon fill the storage with supplies from all factions, including your own (I saw my own Auto Mining ships deliver stuff to their storage)... And every time I had the Xenon Defense platform to 25-30% it magically went to 50%-70% after one of the delivery ships arrived... The solution was simpler than I thought: Just build a SECOND Defense Platform in the sector, and the Xenon stop requesting supplies for their replacement Defense Platform, so you eventually destroy it and the sector is no longer contested... So far I have taken over Faulty Logic I and VII, and Atiya's Misfortune III with this tactic... Next will be Atiya's Misfortune I, which I expect to be a wonderful fight (but probably will not be), I will post the results of the invasion and expulsion of the Xenon on Atiya's Misfortune I once I have accomplished...

Dirk-Jan
x4

Re: Conquering Xenon Sectors...

Post by Dirk-Jan » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 13:41

respect

What kind of fleet do you use in your effort?
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

lordaquarius
x4

Post by lordaquarius » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 14:31

Dirk-Jan wrote:
Sat, 29. Dec 18, 13:41
respect

What kind of fleet do you use in your effort?
I have been using 8 Behemoths, but leaving behind one in each Weapons Platform for protection... I produce another, search a trained captain, replace the captain on the ship as is produced, and send it to guard the new station or to join the main fleet... I think you can do it with 4, but I don't know what I will encounter... Together, they create a nice AA umbrella... Here in X4 Foundations you do not have Cluster Flak Arrays or Flak batteries... In X3 those will make mincemeat of fighters and frigates... In my flagship, I carry a couple of Quasars to scout ahead...

lordaquarius
x4

Post by lordaquarius » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 19:31

I went into Atiya's Misfortune I, the last of the Xenon sectors and found myself in some big battles ... I lost half of my ships and barely escaped alive the first attempt... But I returned with more ships, and a plan... and now I got the situation under control... I will advise caution on this last Xenon sector, there is more here than meets the eye... A little planning after scouting the sector will give you good results...

I don't want to spoil the experience by writing here what I did to take care of the Xenon machines in this sector, but is actually the most enjoyment I have had so far, and the first real battles... This time EGOSOFT got one aspect of the Xenon really well done... Kudos to EGOSOFT for that surprise...

Due to the constant crashes in the game, and being forced to kill the Steam Stack with the Task Manager, it took me much more time than I anticipated... since I have to give individual commands to the ships of my fleet, so they do what I need them to do, as the FLEET/WING commands do not work well at times... Also, assigning the captains to the new ships by finding good captains in my own merchant/mining fleets and then move them to the Argon Shipyard to do the exchange... Then driving the ship myself so it takes a lot less time to get it where I need it... Lots of micromanagement... but the results are great... Now I have full ownership of 8 sectors... 6 former Xenon and 2 that were unclaimed from the beginning of the game...

You may need lots of money for the campaigns as they will require some heavy equipment to break thru... My way has been to improve my PHQ and a couple of stations that now are each making me more money than all my ships combined... They generate tons of money for combat ships and infrastructure... I hope someone finds a faster, better, cleverer way to deal with the Xenon Sectors as they are now with the freaking Build Storage bug... I found a way around it... and took advantage :)

JetCheOff
x4

Post by JetCheOff » Wed, 2. Jan 19, 05:19

Were you able to take the sector? Because after taking out several defense platforms, a wharf, and a shipyard I place 2 defense stations of my own and the sector still show xenon (contested).

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Wed, 2. Jan 19, 22:16

JetCheOff wrote:
Wed, 2. Jan 19, 05:19
Were you able to take the sector? Because after taking out several defense platforms, a wharf, and a shipyard I place 2 defense stations of my own and the sector still show xenon (contested).
You didn't destroy all the Xenon Defense Stations. I had a similar thing happen to me, after dropping advanced satellites all over the sector I found that there were 3 times more DSs in there, than I thought. You don't need to destroy all the enemy stations, only the ones that have a shield icon, as those have the Administrative buildings that make stations as Defense ones. At least in my claiming over a Xenon sector, it is now green framed, I just need to find out how to rename it :mrgreen:. Even though it's claimed as mine, it still has 2 indestructible stations that are still red to me. I wonder what will happen when I claim the Xenon station that has a shipyard and warf in it. I want to experiment and play around to see, if I can somehow take advantage of it. You can't claim stations from the enemy though, which is sad.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

JetCheOff
x4

Post by JetCheOff » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 02:42

I've dropped some advance sat's your saying I need to drop more I see. Do I need to expand the sector to find these hiding defense stations?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 13:55

lordaquarius wrote:
Sat, 29. Dec 18, 13:16
I started taking over the Xenon sectors, and I ran into the indestructible Build Storage issue... The Xenon fill the storage with supplies from all factions, including your own (I saw my own Auto Mining ships deliver stuff to their storage)...
Yes, all buildstorage (the pier part) is indestructible but still shows on the target list of NPC ships. So they will keep attacking it forever. Also after takeover please check the owner of the buildstorage: Fly close (almost into it) to get the PDA info on left-click. After conquering a Xenon sector I found that all buildstorage changed owner to player (same as all wrecks and mines). So NPC and your ships trade with you but serve the Xenon.
JetCheOff wrote:
Because after taking out several defense platforms, a wharf, and a shipyard I place 2 defense stations of my own and the sector still show xenon (contested).
If you've taken over a system and there is "(contested)" behind the system's name then someone (usually Xenon) are building a station somewhere. Often I found several Xenon stations near the hex boundary.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

JetCheOff
x4

Post by JetCheOff » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 19:59

I've expanded the sector by at least 50%, and have spread advanced sats over the entire sector, there are no stations of any kind other then my 2 defense platforms that I can find. I've also flown both above and below what the map shows as 2D, and used my long range scanner, and still nothing.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 17:54

Tip: (exploit?)
Opening the Plot creation view in the map shows you all the occupied plots in the sector, including Xenon ones.
After making sure there are no Xenon stations anywhere building one of my own in each Scale Plate Green was enough to claim them.

...also do hope no one is forgetting to put an administrative thing in their stations :)

lordaquarius
x4

Post by lordaquarius » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 05:59

JetCheOff wrote:
Yes, the sectors Faulty Logic and Atiya's Misfortune are taken, they show me as owner...

I found out that destroying the supply on the Build Storage every time a ship came to deliver goods, made it very easy to destroy the platforms that were spawning... Once I destroyed 4 more of those, the Xenon stopped re-spawning them... Now I am faced with the issue of the mines on Faulty Logic, which makes the sectors in Atiya's Misfortune basically useless... I am looking to create a minesweeper script/mod... Because is basically impossible to clear the freaking mines by yourself... Any ideas on the matter?

CrankMann

Post by CrankMann » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 01:24

I dont understand how to pull this off.

I bring a huge force to shoot down all the incoming mining supply ships into the base. Then get the base gets pounded to 30%. And it just heals itself as its pounded.

So are we to assume that building one defense base just inside Tharks Cascade XV stops this regen effect?

And what goes into building a defense platform? The parts that is? Such that this flags the Faulty AI bug to shut it off.

Thanks

lordaquarius
x4

Post by lordaquarius » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 04:26

CrankMann wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 01:24

I bring a huge force to shoot down all the incoming mining supply ships into the base. Then get the base gets pounded to 30%. And it just heals itself as its pounded.

So are we to assume that building one defense base just inside Tharks Cascade XV stops this regen effect?

And what goes into building a defense platform? The parts that is? Such that this flags the Faulty AI bug to shut it off.

Thanks
What you need to do is to take one of your ships, and go to the Build Storage next to the base, you will have to find it visually... or follow the swarm of miners that flock to it, once you locate it, destroy the containers that spawn on it... that way, when you have the Xenon Defense Platform to 30%, it will not regenerate because it has no materials for it... also, shot down the Xenon miners that approach the DefPlat, they carry stuff and they build on it... The trick is to destroy the CONTAINERS in the Build Storage... once you have destroyed enough of those, the miners stop coming and you will be able to destroy the DefPlat... I have done this with all the Xenon Platforms that spawn in the sectors I have conquered... and it works... it also makes destroying the new spawned DP much easier, because they are not fully built... Good luck!

lordaquarius
x4

Post by lordaquarius » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 04:29

CrankMann wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 01:24

Thanks
BTW, do not destroy the faction miners and supply ships! You will make enemies of the factions... there is no need for that... Just destroy the containers that spawn on the Build Storage! They fill it up, they look like Red/Brownish blocks that are in the DP... Take a Nemesis or a Behemoth and destroy the containers, you cannot destroy the Build Storage... I let my own miners take stuff to the Xenon, they pay well for the items... and then I destroy what they bring... :)

Carbon_smith
x4

Post by Carbon_smith » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 08:41

Indeed, tested it in 1.5 and 1.6, conquering Xenon sectors for works. It's a bit of a lengthy exercise, and OOS works, at least with mines and shield hazards in the sector, much better than being in the contested sector yourself. One Xenon station in Tharka's XVII was completely invulnerable but since it was not a Defence platform that was ok.

Usually the Xenon claim another plot for a Defence station after the sector switches. Since it is a plot only, it is invulnerable (as are my own plots). If I allow it grow and attack it in the build process it is invulnerable too (33 to 55% tested) and killing the storage modules in the build storage does not help. I assume that is again the same for player stations in the build process?

Once it is finished I´m going to take it down....

It´s like herding cats though, since my fleets tend to hug the invulnerable build storage and stations, and each individual ship reacquires the target at least once or twice till they leave scanner range.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”