Zones expand?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kintanar
x4

Zones expand?

Post by Kintanar » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 10:02

I was messing with the construction of my PHQ and observing the map, when i noticed that sometimes the map shakes a bit, indeed! it shakes for some reason! Some time later i realised that Gran Exhcange I growed half of its size, and was evident because i explored the zone to the edges and now there is an hexagon surrounded by a bigger zone with unexplored space. Is this a bug or a feature?

mojo lojo
x3tc

Re: Zones expand?

Post by mojo lojo » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 12:59

Hi,

It's a feature, some of the hex's are huge, but at the moment usually empty space.
The majority of the action is around the centre, or where the gates are.
I scanned an area for hours and found absolutely nothing. What a wast of my life. :)
There may not be Sun on the Dark side of the Moon. But remember... There is always light on the other Side.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 2. Jan 19, 01:41

Yep, it's a feature.
mojo lojo wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 12:59
The majority of the action is around the centre, or where the gates are.
This is quite true, you will find that a lot of the stations and transportation infrastructure are all clustered in a few locations in each sector, usually within the default map boundary sizes.
mojo lojo wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 12:59
I scanned an area for hours and found absolutely nothing. What a wast of my life. :)
While I'm sorry you wasted your life, I would like to report that I have found a bunch of cool things out beyond map boundaries. Some sectors are mostly just empty space, but others have clues that might inspire you to look further. How far does this ribbon-like asteroid field go? What's that huge rock in the distance? Do I see a funny-looking star, or if I travel that way will I find another station on long-range scan? If you enjoy exploration, there is definitely some to do.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Fri, 18. Jan 19, 23:30

just auto explore the sectors, then you will be supprised how huge they are. With 99% void space mind you...
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 04:29

ES devs took a chapter out of Elite Dangerous's book, how to make massive sectors and fill them with absolutely nothing so they are empty and give the player near nothing for exploring. Talk about the game suppose to be alive... when there's mostly nothing out there.

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 10:59

Requiemfang wrote:
Sat, 19. Jan 19, 04:29
ES devs took a chapter out of Elite Dangerous's book, how to make massive sectors and fill them with absolutely nothing so they are empty and give the player near nothing for exploring. Talk about the game suppose to be alive... when there's mostly nothing out there.
Space is generally just that.. empty space...

Granted they should stick some pirate bases or something out there.
-----
My Mods
Go Home Drone, Reaction Force, Disable Story, Pay The Builder, Landlord, Training Exercise
Github with the latest (Unstable) Versions
Nexus Page
Steam Workshop Page

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 14:17

ShiBDiB wrote:
Sat, 19. Jan 19, 10:59
Requiemfang wrote:
Sat, 19. Jan 19, 04:29
Space is generally just that.. empty space...

Granted they should stick some pirate bases or something out there.
Oh my god, it never dawned on me until now that space was so empty, thanks for the scientific clarification :lol:

Seriously, why do people need everything to have constant "something", it's the journey that is the game.

Kintanar
x4

Post by Kintanar » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 21:16

I have seeing that NPC's are building stations on time to time, so, eventually in an advanced playtrough i guess there will be NPC station in empty space. I have found pirate bases on unxpected zones like Silent Witness XII, in my actual playtrough the pirate base is far beyond the center of the sector like 500km to the south. Even, on other playtrough Company Regard sector was full of Teladi stations, but on my actual playtrough Xenons have not let Teladis to build any single station on this sector which now is a constant war zone between the standed lizards and the machines. And those are some situations i have seen so far, i guess there are a lot more situations that i have not seen yet.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”