Scientific Mission Gone Wrong!

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mojo lojo
x3tc

Scientific Mission Gone Wrong!

Post by mojo lojo » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 13:39

Hi Gang,
This has probably been asked before but i can't find an answer,
So long story shortish. To put you in the picture. :D
I started the boron PHQ mission,
I got to the stage where i bought a cheap ship with a pilot, sent him to the antimatter factory ,had him buy 3 Anti matter cells, I sent him to the resource probe. I then went to the (SAFE) zone and BOOM!!! Game Over!!
I tried several times each time travelling further away, I got 43 Km away at one point but every time BOOM. Game Over !

OK now I tried something different. I docked at the closest wharf, and told my little starter ship to dock there,
when It arrived I took control and flew to the safe area. Guess What, BOOM !!! But no game Over :) I received a message saying my ship had blown up on the wharf ?????? :evil:
I was OK at the location, Then a Group of enemy's started to attack me, So i couldn't see or hear what the boron said.
So after the attack i went and bought a new ship.

Now here's my problem,
I reactivated the mission, and flew to the unknown station but nothing is happening.
I've scanned it using the scan mode, I've done a long range scan , I've even left the area and came back,
Nothing. How do i get the boron to take control of the station so I can continue the mission :? :?
It's just sitting there as an Unknown Station. :evil:

Any help would be grateful.
Thanx in Advance.
There may not be Sun on the Dark side of the Moon. But remember... There is always light on the other Side.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Scientific Mission Gone Wrong!

Post by euclid » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 14:01

mojo lojo wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 13:39
I got to the stage where i bought a cheap ship with a pilot, sent him to the antimatter factory ,had him buy 3 Anti matter cells, I sent him to the resource probe. I then went to the (SAFE) zone and BOOM!!! Game Over!!
This sounds wrong. This part of the mission requires an "empty" ship just with the antimatter cells loaded. So if you had an NPC pilot flying that ship the mission should not have continued until you got the pilot off the ship. Only then the mission should update directing your to the save spot. Are you running any mods that could interfere?
mojo lojo wrote:
I reactivated the mission, and flew to the unknown station but nothing is happening.
I've scanned it using the scan mode, I've done a long range scan , I've even left the area and came back,
Nothing. How do i get the boron to take control of the station so I can continue the mission :? :?
It's just sitting there as an Unknown Station. :evil:
So you got the PHQ but still as unknown station. As you have activated the mission please check the mission details for what you need to do next. What does the mission guidance require your to do? After the PHQ has appeared the Boron will ask you to scan three locations at the "unknown station". After that the station is yours.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 2. Jan 19, 02:22

euclid wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 14:01
mojo lojo wrote:
This sounds wrong. This part of the mission requires an "empty" ship just with the antimatter cells loaded. So if you had an NPC pilot flying that ship the mission should not have continued until you got the pilot off the ship. Only then the mission should update directing your to the save spot. Are you running any mods that could interfere?
Hi, just some random empirical input in case it helps: When I did this mission the first time (I think game version 1.1 or 1.2) I was most certainly able to direct the NPC pilot of my cheap ship to the waypoint, evacuate myself to the safe point, and watch my unfortunate NPC pilot explode. So I think you are mistaken about the game REQUIREING the ship to be empty of NPCs. The boron does request that you evacuate the ship but the plot proceeded for me without my accomplishing that step.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 2. Jan 19, 17:29

strask412 wrote:
Wed, 2. Jan 19, 02:22
Hi, just some random empirical input in case it helps: When I did this mission the first time (I think game version 1.1 or 1.2) I was most certainly able to direct the NPC pilot of my cheap ship to the waypoint, evacuate myself to the safe point, and watch my unfortunate NPC pilot explode. So I think you are mistaken about the game REQUIREING the ship to be empty of NPCs. The boron does request that you evacuate the ship but the plot proceeded for me without my accomplishing that step.
Well, we are on 1.5 now and it works as I wrote since 1.3 ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

mojo lojo
x3tc

Post by mojo lojo » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 12:50

Hi Gang,
Just to clarify,
I'm playing V 1.5
No mods.
When i went to the safe zone in my starter ship, there was a big explosion. After fighting the attackers i proceeded to the wharf to get a new ship ,
On the way i saw the small ship with the pilot in just the other side of the station all well and good.
When i came back and activated the mission again , the instructions just say investigate station.
I have totally scanned every part of the station in Shift 2 mode(scan).
No boron speaks, No sign of her\him???
There may not be Sun on the Dark side of the Moon. But remember... There is always light on the other Side.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 13:15

mojo lojo wrote:
Thu, 3. Jan 19, 12:50
Hi Gang,
Just to clarify,
I'm playing V 1.5
No mods.
When i went to the safe zone in my starter ship, there was a big explosion. After fighting the attackers i proceeded to the wharf to get a new ship ,
On the way i saw the small ship with the pilot in just the other side of the station all well and good.
When i came back and activated the mission again , the instructions just say investigate station.
I have totally scanned every part of the station in Shift 2 mode(scan).
No boron speaks, No sign of her\him???
Ok so if I remember that part of the plot correctly, you are first supposed to fly to a specific point marked on the ring-part of the station (scan mode not required). When you get close enough (a yellow guidance marker should show you the correct place if the mission is active) the boron should make a remark about the markings on the station not being very alien (the designated place to investigate is just above some numbers on the station hull).

Then the same basic sequence but you need to fly up next to the asteroid in the center.

Do you have any yellow guidance markers?
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

mojo lojo
x3tc

Post by mojo lojo » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 11:54

Hi Gang,
Just a quick Thanks to all who replied,
Especially Strask412.
Yes there was a small yellow marker totally missed it. I should have gone to Specsavers. :oops:
Mission accomplished. :D

str

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”