Venture: Questions, bugs, feedbacks...

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ezarkal
x4

Venture: Questions, bugs, feedbacks...

Post by Ezarkal » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 17:03

I know the feature is still in beta and is bound to get more fleshed out, but here are a few questions/notes.

1- Venture docks: Can we get more at some point? I presume it's a "not for now, but later yes" kind of answer.

2- Quests: I only ever had 3 choices. 1h fighter mission, 2h courrier mission, 8h fighter mission. Is it a bug and there be more, or it's a WIP and it's all we have for now

3- Rewards window: Completely bugged out. I can't see what my ships bring back to me. (I know the rewards are still coming in because my paint mod list keeps increasing)

4- Venture completion music: While it's a good idea, can you please PLEASE tone it down? The game has this whole "peaceful and quiet endless space" musical atmosphere, only disturbed by little beeping sounds from your trade completions. Even the battle music, altough excellent, are pretty peaceful. They catch your ears, but don't break from the general ambiance...
...Then you have the venture music... In comparaison to the rest, it's like a tiger and a shark had a baby, and that baby was drunk on powerthirst had just climbed everest and was screaming it's victory right in your ears.
Ok, the comparason when a little too far here. :roll: But can you please reduce the volume to a level less likely to induce a heart attack?
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

strask412
x4

Re: Venture: Questions, bugs, feedbacks...

Post by strask412 » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 06:01

1) I don't know but my presumption is the same as yours.
2) Same. I saw somebody post at some point that they sent a freighter on a 20-hour venture, but that was the only mention of anything other than the three that I've seen and I think they must have been exaggerating on both the word freighter and the number 20. I've tried to go back and find the post now that I have some venture experience and realize it was odd, but can't locate it any more. I mentioned this in another thread and nobody there was aware of any other missions besides the three.
3) Same, and there are multiple bug reports open about it in the tech support section.
4) AGREED! I guess I like that it's a distinctive sound, but the volume is definitely too high.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:45

Be glad that you can run the Ventures.
I have all the prerequisites but I don't get the possibility to send ships off on a Venture, because I don't have the 'Venture from … ' option in my menu.
I agree with the soundburst, very inapropriate.
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Hitman782
x4

Post by Hitman782 » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 05:34

Be thankful, I never received the venture platform or s/m venture in my plans... I got all of the other BPs...

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 06:34

Hitman782 wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 05:34
Be thankful, I never received the venture platform or s/m venture in my plans... I got all of the other BPs...
Hi Hitman782, can you say more about that? Just in case you didn't know, I think in order to get the venture modules you have to do the following steps first:

1) Register an account here on the Egosoft forums (looks like you are here, yay!)
2) Register your copy of X4, either by linking your steam account to your Egosoft account (if you bought X4 on steam) or using a serial number code (If you purchased X4 on GoG).
3) Log into your egosoft forum account from inside the game's Online Features menu.

Have you done all those things, and you still don't have the platform or sendoff dock?
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

theincrediblenick
x4

Post by theincrediblenick » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 09:05

Dirk-Jan wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:45
Be glad that you can run the Ventures.
I have all the prerequisites but I don't get the possibility to send ships off on a Venture, because I don't have the 'Venture from … ' option in my menu.
I agree with the soundburst, very inapropriate.
There is also an issue with the order in which you build the Venture modules; you need to build the Venture Platform before you build the Venture Dock or you can't send ships off on ventures.

Hitman782
x4

Post by Hitman782 » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 04:49

looks like I need to link my egosoft account and my steam account.

Hitman782
x4

Post by Hitman782 » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 04:55

All right, linked the accounts, that fixed it, I appreciate it :)

BattleXer
x4

Post by BattleXer » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 06:19

Sorry to barge in on your thread, but I have another problem with ventures:
I have built the venture platform and s/m dock on my PHQ, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to send any of my ships on ventures...
I have no options anywhere that I can see to send them off.

Could just be me being blind, but a little prodding in the right direction would be very much appreciated. :P

Cheers.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 07:51

BattleXer wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 06:19
Sorry to barge in on your thread, but I have another problem with ventures:
No problem with posting here of course! But just so you know in the future, general gameplay "how-to" questions should go in the main forum, not the spoiler forum, so that you get a quicker reply. :)
I have built the venture platform and s/m dock on my PHQ, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to send any of my ships on ventures...
I have no options anywhere that I can see to send them off.
Ok there are two potential issues here, one is a bug and the other is just knowing where to click.

1) In order for the venture functionality to work you MUST build the venture PLATFORM first. Then you must add the S/M sendoff dock, CONNECTED TO THE PLATFORM. In that order. If you have placed them in the wrong order or not connected directly together, you can fix the situation by re-arranging them so that the platform gets moved and the sendoff dock subsequently gets moved to connect with it, but do NOT delete either module because you won't be able to build them again. Moving good, deleting bad.

2) Enter your property list on the map interface. Select the ship you want to send on the venture. While that ship is selected, right-click on the station containing the venture modules. In the context menu select "venture from..." and choose the S/M sendoff dock. Personally go to the same station and use the elevator/teleporter-room thing to go to the venture platform. In the room is a window where you can see the sendoff dock and a computer console. Once your ship has docked in the sendoff dock, interact with the computer console to get the Venture menu and start your adventures. Enjoy!
- Delilah Shiratori

BattleXer
x4

Post by BattleXer » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 04:05

strask412 wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 07:51
No problem with posting here of course! But just so you know in the future, general gameplay "how-to" questions should go in the main forum, not the spoiler forum, so that you get a quicker reply. :)
Yeah, see, I wasn't sure if discussing ventures wasn't a spoiler in itself... :o
Ok there are two potential issues here, one is a bug and the other is just knowing where to click.

1) In order for the venture functionality to work you MUST build the venture PLATFORM first. Then you must add the S/M sendoff dock, CONNECTED TO THE PLATFORM. In that order. If you have placed them in the wrong order or not connected directly together, you can fix the situation by re-arranging them so that the platform gets moved and the sendoff dock subsequently gets moved to connect with it, but do NOT delete either module because you won't be able to build them again. Moving good, deleting bad.

2) Enter your property list on the map interface. Select the ship you want to send on the venture. While that ship is selected, right-click on the station containing the venture modules. In the context menu select "venture from..." and choose the S/M sendoff dock. Personally go to the same station and use the elevator/teleporter-room thing to go to the venture platform. In the room is a window where you can see the sendoff dock and a computer console. Once your ship has docked in the sendoff dock, interact with the computer console to get the Venture menu and start your adventures. Enjoy!
Thanks for talking me through this. From the official brief explanation by the devs on ventures it wasn't immediately apparent which order the platforms had to be built. And of course I have some bits in between the platform and the send-off dock. :gruebel:

Also, I did eventually find the "Venture from..." menu button, but it only resulted in my chosen ship to go to the dock and sit there. So thanks for pointing out the extra step of teleporting into the dock and choosing a mission.

Cheers.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 04:18

BattleXer wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 04:05
From the official brief explanation by the devs on ventures it wasn't immediately apparent which order the platforms had to be built.
That's because the devs INTENDED for it to be IMPOSSIBLE to place them in the wrong order. Like they wrote code to make the editor refuse to place the dock anywhere other than connected to an already-placed venture platform. So they didn't think they needed to explain that bit too much. But then, of course, a bug allows us to place them in either order and connected in different ways. :)
- Delilah Shiratori

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 05:57

The 20h venture is/was the initial venture, a one time go.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 22:29

Cadvan wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 05:57
The 20h venture is/was the initial venture, a one time go.
I don't think that's accurate. Or at least it doesn't match my experience; the initial venture I was offered the first time I did it was like, one minute or two. Much much much shorter than the standard ones. It completed almost immediately, gave me the holiday skin, and then from that time on I had the three options I always have now.
- Delilah Shiratori

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 22:52

hmmmm, ok. Maybee I'm mistaken. In this case I've never seen a 20h mission too.

Jean Pagette
x4

Post by Jean Pagette » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 23:56

Has anybody got a high success build for these ventures cause frigs dont seem to make it change from low success to high. I have not seen any exceptional mods either last few weeks from any venture returning.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 05:42

Cadvan wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 22:52
hmmmm, ok. Maybee I'm mistaken. In this case I've never seen a 20h mission too.
... which answers my identical question in the German forum.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 11:26

I only get high success from using the ships they recomend like the fighter not a frigate and a courier not a transporter.
As regards to loot only get paint mods now early on I got 3 exp mods and half a dozen burnite crystals ..just skins now.
I have also had a quasar and a nova destroyed upon restart after sending them on 8h mission overnight and restarting the game the next day.
Agree sound effect for completion is loud...but at least you know its back!!!
And also only ever had the three missions
The other thing the devs said was that your pilots would level up much faster on Venture's I have been using just a nova after the first two blew up and she hasn't leveled up at all or the crew

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 17:06

Jean Pagette wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 23:56
Has anybody got a high success build for these ventures cause frigs dont seem to make it change from low success to high. I have not seen any exceptional mods either last few weeks from any venture returning.
Even on "low" success rate, my discoverer usually come back at least 5 times out of 6.

I think I lost something like 4 ships to venture so far. The only M ship I sent (a minotaur) died instantly. I'll have to try and send a freighter at some point, just for fun. :P

As for mods, I had some advanced painmods showing up, but no exceptional ones yet.
I don't keep track of where I get my other mods. The "venture result" window being bugged out, it makes it hard to know what you've got out of the excursion. I just have a happy surprise when at some point I see I have a new exceptional mod ready to install :P
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

MurryChang
x4

Post by MurryChang » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 18:17

I finally got 3 exceptional engine mods the other night after many, many 1 hour missions.

I only do the 1 hour ones because it seems like the 2 hour ones have the exact same returns and every ship I send on the 8 hour one is destroyed no matter what.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”