Advanced & Exceptional loot

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

darrund
x4

Advanced & Exceptional loot

Post by darrund » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 19:48

So far I have only managed to get the "basic" mod upgrades but haven't really managed to find any 'advanced" needless to say any "exceptional" either.
Anyone has found those?
And where?

lordmuck
x4

Re: Advanced & Exceptional loot

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 19:53

One dropped from a CIV, numerous rank one mats from civs. Exceptional I think the majority of people would say ventures, the odd Xenon N/M/P K and I are not worth to try farm and perhaps a Khaak.

I know this does not really answer your question. Yet the most would be from Ventures

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 19:58

lordmuck wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 19:53
One dropped from a CIV, numerous rank one mats from civs. Exceptional I think the majority of people would say ventures, the odd Xenon N/M/P K and I are not worth to try farm and perhaps a Khaak.

I know this does not really answer your question. Yet the most would be from Ventures
Thank you very much for the answer. I now realized t has to come from ventures and that sucks. I don;t have ventures in my game, don't intend to, so I don't allow visitors and just finding some stuff is not motive enough for me.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 20:40

Venture is an easier way for now, but you can still get them in the normal game.

Some will drop from xenon and khaak. Some are mission rewards. They are very rare but I did manage to get my hands on a few before venture came in.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

karjak
x4

Post by karjak » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 21:03

i got a lot of components for upgrades form xenon drones around their stations( was farming like 3k of them), they spawn all the time but that was prior to patch 1.5 haven't been doing that since then.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 00:52

karjak wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 21:03
i got a lot of components for upgrades form xenon drones around their stations( was farming like 3k of them), they spawn all the time but that was prior to patch 1.5 haven't been doing that since then.
Was farming them, had 15 mk2 lasers helping out. After some time I kept getting crashes tho :'( Perhaps too many corpses
Ezarkal wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 20:40
Venture is an easier way for now, but you can still get them in the normal game.

Some will drop from xenon and khaak. Some are mission rewards. They are very rare but I did manage to get my hands on a few before venture came in.
Did not know about the mission rewards. Are these Agron vs missions or random station missions ?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 06:04

Random.

Come to think of it, random lockboxes may contain some, too. I have no clear instances of this in memory, but I'll keep an eye out.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 10:49

In my experience lockboxes only spew basic stuff.
Did get a few advanced/exceptional items from criminal station traffic kills.

Not to say that the venture procedure is flawed because it doesn't give you 1-3x exeptional mods at all (maybe one in ten 8h ventures).
But than again the game is still in beta really
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”