Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:40

Just a quick update, my EBI Space Station One is starting to shape up a bit, ALL ship equipment dock support plus S/M Fabrication. Frame rates are pretty bad in sector BUT since 2.0 there seems to be far less of an issue with game freezes during builds and the planning screen is working better.

Will update with new screenies and plans either tomorrow night or over the weekend but a summary of the changes are:-
  • Increase of max population to 32k with an upgrade to 40k possible with the addition of more habbitats
  • Added 3 x XL Maintenance Docks
  • Added 3 x L Maintenance Docks
  • Added 3 x S/M Maintenance Docks
  • Added 3 x S/M Fabrication Docks
Trying to build up funds for my first XL Ship plan (c. 112M required) in order to make the XL maintenance docks fully functional. Then starting the burn to c. 500M credits for the L/XL dock plans.

Currently have full S/M ship production capability at both EBI Station One and my HQ. Will also post my plans (and some screenies) for my HQ, nominal baseline Outpost, and the small scale Defence Station that I refer to as an Overseer.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

ArboriusCZ
x3tc

Post by ArboriusCZ » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 12:07

Unified station building system :)

Claytronics:

Image Image Image Image

Smartchips:

Image Image ImageImage

Mix (Hitech Factory - Ship components), not fully build yet:

Image Image

Antimatter Converter, not fully build yet:

Image Image Image

Gate defense system - not a production facility, but still interesting :) :

Image Image Image ImageImage

Pretty views from docking bay:

Image Image Image Image Image
"Hope Dies Last, But It Dies..."

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 07:28

ArboriusCZ wrote:
Tue, 19. Mar 19, 12:07
Unified station building system :)
Very nice! Love your gate bouncer/guard/portal design.

How did you get your defence platforms oriented like you have though? IME we are only able to rotate them around the elliptic relative vertical axis.

@All: Sorry for the delay in my station plan updates, EBI Space Station One is notionally complete now though (Full set of S/M/L/XL maintenance & fabrication bays now). Got a few pics and saved plans ready to sort through and will try to make the time to update the shared data over the next couple of days.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

ArboriusCZ
x3tc

Post by ArboriusCZ » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 19:50

Thank you :)

About orientation - Horizontal is Argon, vertical Paranid. Is this what you mean?

Btw great idea to start this post, it's nice how different sations everyone built. Thank you all for inspiration.

Sorry for my english :)
"Hope Dies Last, But It Dies..."

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 22:14

ArboriusCZ wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 19:50
Thank you :)

About orientation - Horizontal is Argon, vertical Paranid. Is this what you mean?
Thanks for the clarification, gives me good reason to invest in the other defence platforms - did not realise this difference was present. :D
ArboriusCZ wrote:
Btw great idea to start this post, it's nice how different sations everyone built. Thank you all for inspiration.
Thanks for your contributions, it is indeed nice to see how different people approach the game.

I may start a few tunnels of hate for the Xenon based on some of your ideas. :twisted:
ArboriusCZ wrote:
Sorry for my english :)
Your English is better than my czech. ;)

Loneshade
x4

Post by Loneshade » Fri, 22. Mar 19, 13:06

WIP - So far its been 9 days of construction work.... and its finally 50% done :)
Last edited by Loneshade on Tue, 9. Apr 19, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 03:51

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Wed, 27. Feb 19, 21:12
Shadowman2012 wrote:
Wed, 27. Feb 19, 20:06
Sat, 9. Feb 19, 14:54
To kick things off - here is my current primary station build project (XML shared by Google Drive):
Where are these plans are? (I mean, in filesystem).
I cannot locate them neither in save_xxx.xml-s, nor in game folder or somewhere near save folders...
Try looking in:-

Code: Select all

[My Documents]\egosoft\X4\<Number>\constructionplans.xml
There is a single root XML node and multiple <plan> childnodes with a "name" attribute that has the value of the name entered when the associated plan was saved in-game.

The save folder should be in the same place.
Hi, sorry to quote an old post, but if we modify this XML won't it prevent ventures from working? I restarted with Vanilla due to Ventures requiring it (and I do not regret, the vanilla game is indeed well balanced), and to be frank I have been loving to use Ventures, I can't backtrack, so no mods, but I don't know if changing this counts as a mod.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 07:59

MakerLinux wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 03:51
Wed, 27. Feb 19, 21:12
Shadowman2012 wrote:
Wed, 27. Feb 19, 20:06

Where are these plans are? (I mean, in filesystem).
I cannot locate them neither in save_xxx.xml-s, nor in game folder or somewhere near save folders...
Try looking in:-

Code: Select all

[My Documents]\egosoft\X4\<Number>\constructionplans.xml
There is a single root XML node and multiple <plan> childnodes with a "name" attribute that has the value of the name entered when the associated plan was saved in-game.

The save folder should be in the same place.
Hi, sorry to quote an old post, but if we modify this XML won't it prevent ventures from working?
Nope, the constructionplans.xml and loadouts.xml files are merely configuration files that can be changed almost at will.

The only XML files that may register a game as modified when changed are those with a signature blob embedded in them.

Nothing in the constructionplans XML file will give you any actual tangible benefits other than perhaps saving you some time planning station layouts. It is my understanding that you will be unable to load (or at least apply) a plan that you are missing blueprints for.

Loneshade
x4

Post by Loneshade » Sun, 7. Apr 19, 11:59

YAY!?! Following 25 days of construction work, my Wharf completed its construction.

Must admit I'm rather disappointed with the result.... While fun to fly through, its not living up to the standard I had anticipated. Reasons are poor frame rates (Down to 10... probably should have picked a different sector). Some elements like e.g. personal traffic don't work as well in the full station, as they did in an earlier proof of concept with partial station segments. Color schemes from certain races/factories are incompatible with one another and last but not least some gaps are larger than expected, but I'm unable to compensate due to already low frame rates.

Gotta think how to make the next one better.... anyway, below some screenshots in case you're interested with the result:
(here's also the high-res images: https://imgur.com/a/7RjRAbE)

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Its of course a fully self sustained station, with 55M storage to power the 5 wharf during short peak workload.
Building cost is fairly cheap at roughly 866 Mio only. (Vanilla Savegame)
Last edited by Loneshade on Sun, 7. Apr 19, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

Loneshade
x4

Post by Loneshade » Sun, 7. Apr 19, 12:30

That said, I'm a little bit more happy with my shipyard. Though frame rates are a problem here as well.
I don't know how anyone could possibly resist building a mega-plexus now that we have this great station editor, but clearly the game isn't quite optimized to handle them yet.

Here's a few more screenshots for you: (or here in the highres variant: https://imgur.com/a/jtgpVFD)

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

I've tried reduce components to a minimum in order to save frame rates, but it only was partial successful.
As a result its another fairly cheap station though, billing at 657 Mio only (and 42 Mio Storage only, I'll have to see if that's sufficient).

Bobroglaz
x4

Post by Bobroglaz » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 05:34

all of these outstanding station and yet none have been uploaded to the Construction section.....my hart breaks :)

Bigyin

Post by Bigyin » Fri, 8. Apr 22, 18:47

Sam L.R. Griffiths wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:40
Just a quick update, my EBI Space Station One is starting to shape up a bit, ALL ship equipment dock support plus S/M Fabrication. Frame rates are pretty bad in sector BUT since 2.0 there seems to be far less of an issue with game freezes during builds and the planning screen is working better.

Will update with new screenies and plans either tomorrow night or over the weekend but a summary of the changes are:-
  • Increase of max population to 32k with an upgrade to 40k possible with the addition of more habbitats
  • Added 3 x XL Maintenance Docks
  • Added 3 x L Maintenance Docks
  • Added 3 x S/M Maintenance Docks
  • Added 3 x S/M Fabrication Docks
Trying to build up funds for my first XL Ship plan (c. 112M required) in order to make the XL maintenance docks fully functional. Then starting the burn to c. 500M credits for the L/XL dock plans.

Currently have full S/M ship production capability at both EBI Station One and my HQ. Will also post my plans (and some screenies) for my HQ, nominal baseline Outpost, and the small scale Defence Station that I refer to as an Overseer.
I'm in the middle of building "mega shipyard with room for expansion" on X4 foundation BUT there is a small issue and that is docking ports the person that dont the plans for the station hasn't thought of large docking ports as i'm half way through the build and still can't dock large or extra large ships.

So a suggestion when building plans your first thought should be "how do i get supplies to my station" so you need docking ports small, medium, Large and Extra Large ships can dock small and medium ships are ok to start but for larger deliveries you NEED large ships.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”