Any interesting advances in the lore/storyline from X4?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KaRsKiN
xr

Any interesting advances in the lore/storyline from X4?

Post by KaRsKiN » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 11:28

Hi all, Long time fan of the X-Universe, I've recently been playing X: Rebirth for the first time since launch and I've been enjoying it a lot. Wasn't a fan of the whole gate shutdown story line at first, but I've come around to it and I actually quite like the new perspective on the universe that it provides. X-Games have never primarily been about the story, but there's always been interesting bits of lore tying it all together.

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to play X4 for a while. My PC isn't really up to spec (only got an i5 4690k, I've only just been able to play rebirth at a decent FPS) and I'd rather wait until I get a beastly new rig to get the full enjoyment of the new game. In the meantime, does X4 provide any new lore on what's going on with the gate network reconnecting? My understanding is that it takes place in another contained area, similar to rebirth, where the gate network has re-joined? Is this current area related to the one in Rebirth?

Do we get any ideas of why the networks are re-joining the way they are? Any new lore on the Sohnen, the Ancients, the current state of Terra and the war etc? Is there an updated version of the X-Encyclopedia?

Just trying to get my X-universe fix whilst I can't play!

darrund
x4

Re: Any interesting advances in the lore/storyline from X4?

Post by darrund » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 12:15

KaRsKiN wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 11:28
Hi all, Long time fan of the X-Universe, I've recently been playing X: Rebirth for the first time since launch and I've been enjoying it a lot. Wasn't a fan of the whole gate shutdown story line at first, but I've come around to it and I actually quite like the new perspective on the universe that it provides. X-Games have never primarily been about the story, but there's always been interesting bits of lore tying it all together.

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to play X4 for a while. My PC isn't really up to spec (only got an i5 4690k, I've only just been able to play rebirth at a decent FPS) and I'd rather wait until I get a beastly new rig to get the full enjoyment of the new game. In the meantime, does X4 provide any new lore on what's going on with the gate network reconnecting? My understanding is that it takes place in another contained area, similar to rebirth, where the gate network has re-joined? Is this current area related to the one in Rebirth?

Do we get any ideas of why the networks are re-joining the way they are? Any new lore on the Sohnen, the Ancients, the current state of Terra and the war etc? Is there an updated version of the X-Encyclopedia?

Just trying to get my X-universe fix whilst I can't play!
X4 is atill in its infancy.
Not much in the sense of storytelling,the Universe is rather small in comparison and Boron and Split are missing until now.
I believe things are about to change soon enough, but the way they are now not many things happen.Paranid are devided in factions.Argons too but not at war with each other like the Paranid and the Teladi just do what a Teladi is supposed to do.
Pirates are less than threatening Khaak are weak and Xenon less of the threat that they used to be.(If they were a threat anyway)
Universe graphics are good,some ship bridges are spectacular,station building is rather impressive.
Ships are in need of some design (or re-design at least for some), guns are underwhelming especially for capitals.
No actual story/plot (bar one small thing to just provide you with something of a PHQ and in version 2.0 player shipyards are expected.
I don't know if this answers your question or not but thats what we have for now.I have to say that the game feels spectacular in some ways and definitely is a base (or rather a foundation) for things to come.
I will not go into bugs and fixing issues since there are countless threads going into that and this will end up being just another bug discussion thread.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 13:40

There's sadly a lot of encyclopedia descriptions missing from X4, but there's still a bit to know.

The two Paranid factions are warring over the right to keep their own Pontifex Maximus. When the gate shutdown was in full swing, a group of Paranid sectors disconnected from the original Pontifex decided to hatch their own - when they got connected to the "regular" Paranids again, they refused to go back to the original Pontifex.

Scale Plate Green is completely overrun by Xenon, and is now effectively a Xenon sector in X4. There's a pirate faction in the game called Scale Plate Pact, but they're missing a description, so we don't really know what the connection is yet.

Alliance of the Word have a couple of stations in X4 - during the shutdown they've been doing things like sending generation ships and trying to find ways to communicate without the gate network.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 17:11

KaRsKiN wrote:
Unfortunately I probably won't be able to play X4 for a while. My PC isn't really up to spec (only got an i5 4690k, I've only just been able to play rebirth at a decent FPS) and I'd rather wait until I get a beastly new rig to get the full enjoyment of the new game.
On the matter, I've got a rather old pc and I find X4 "lighter" than Rebirth for my machine. I don't know if it's Vulkan or the system has just been optimized, but that's it. Offcourse I play on "low" settings (as I did on Rebirth).
Just make sure your graphic card is compatible with Vulkan (perhaps a driver update is enough).

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 21:19

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 17:11
KaRsKiN wrote:
Unfortunately I probably won't be able to play X4 for a while. My PC isn't really up to spec (only got an i5 4690k, I've only just been able to play rebirth at a decent FPS) and I'd rather wait until I get a beastly new rig to get the full enjoyment of the new game.
On the matter, I've got a rather old pc and I find X4 "lighter" than Rebirth for my machine. I don't know if it's Vulkan or the system has just been optimized, but that's it. Offcourse I play on "low" settings (as I did on Rebirth).
Just make sure your graphic card is compatible with Vulkan (perhaps a driver update is enough).
I think that is due to Rebirth having a much higher detail level on most models (at least that is my impression)
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”