"Teladi Trade Guild" - dead-end street?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zazie
x4

"Teladi Trade Guild" - dead-end street?

Post by zazie » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 14:59

In my game I try to have good relations to every faction (apart from Xenon and Kha'ak from obvious reasons). A lot of faction-given missions are waiting to be done. After establishing own profitable production-lines and trading-ships I had enough 'time' for going into the Guild Missions, starting with the Teladi Trade Guild.

But I am stuck:
In the first batch of missions ("Price Dumping") they ask me to be "Prospecting" in Grand Exchange. First missions needed lot of searching for finding patches with very high yield of Silicon/Ore/km3, but it could be done. Now they ask to find Ice in Grand Exchange III. The Mission-Information says "impossible" - and indeed, it is impossible to find Ice in Grand Exchange.
It is NOT possible to abort that mission and to go on in the list of other prospecting-tasks (option is greyed out). Deactivating the mission is possible but as soon as I activate the next mission (in Grand exchange I), this activates again the "impossible"-Mission in Grand exchange III. More: The yellow mission-guidance does not 'accept' fulfilling the tasks of the next mission in the list, even not if the criteria of this next mission are fulfilled.

Any ideas how to get out of this dead-end ?

AFAIK it's not possible to 'move' asteroids IS or through gates; therefore I see no possibility to "bring Ice to Grand Exchange III".

cyberfuzzie
x4

Re: "Teladi Trade Guild" - dead-end street?

Post by cyberfuzzie » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 15:58

You should be able to abort the complete the complete mission batch - aborting individual missions is impossible. At least that is how it is for the Argon vs Xenon missions, I suspect the Teladi Trade Guild missions being the same in that aspect.

On the other hand, I had once a mission to locate a specific yield, and I had to fly beyond the original sector size to find it. So maybe you can actually find ice in Grand Exchange.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 22:36

You can abort mission chains if you open the mission briefing. As cyberfuzzie mentioned, it will abort the whole mission chain.
I don't know why you can't do it from the map. Minor interface bug, I guess.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Anda1839
x4

Post by Anda1839 » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 14:49

If you use one of your mining ships in the sector and order them to mine ice, he will find it directly.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 09:24

Yes, thanks. I have tried it - and the Miner did not offer Ice as Mining target (other than Ore and Silicon). This was the background for "it is impossible to find Ice in Grand Exchange."

Anda1839
x4

Post by Anda1839 » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 11:15

Did you send him into the sector and ordered him to mine ice, or right click- automine when he was still in an other sector?
In my Game it was a very tiny spot and he had to be in the sector

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 08:57

"a very tiny spot " You found Ice in Grand Exchange III? Can you localize this spot?
In my game, the option to mine "Ice" is not available for Miners IS in GEx III. So my setting was the same as yours. If I could "find" the spot and set a resource probe, it might work though!?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”