"I'll wait until you tell me to take off..."

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

freiman17
x4

"I'll wait until you tell me to take off..."

Post by freiman17 » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 16:00

I don't understand something.

Sometimes, when you give a ship an order, the pilot will respond with "I'll wait until you tell me to take off." At that point, you need to right click on the ship and select "Proceed with current order." I was under the impression I actually HAD just told them to take off.

I don't understand the utility of this sequence.

I also don't understand why that doesn't always happen.

Can somebody explain it to me?

f

Matterom
x4

Re: "I'll wait until you tell me to take off..."

Post by Matterom » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:23

It doesn't want to leave you alone on the station, the problem is it doesn't always recognize if you're alone on the station or not. it's a safety feature, the game doesn't want to strand you without a ship.
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

wave_rules
x4

Post by wave_rules » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 06:18

Matterom wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:23
It doesn't want to leave you alone on the station, the problem is it doesn't always recognize if you're alone on the station or not. it's a safety feature, the game doesn't want to strand you without a ship.
Right
You can use the console in front of the Ship too and watch it taking off, looks great (undocking seem to work far better than docking :P )
Why should someone who sees follow the blind ones? (Project Pitchfork - Io)

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 07:40

Hi,

to avoid the message you need to teleport into a docked ship and not directly into the station. If you've done with the station at the moment the message comes, you can also teleport away instead of dealing with the message.

cu
Rainer

Loneshade
x4

Post by Loneshade » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 22:52

good feature - each time I go to my venture console, I end up with half a dozen ships waiting for my ok to take off.... ;)

Probably makes more sense for the ship you arrive with, than for auto-trades.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 08:29

Loneshade wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 22:52

Probably makes more sense for the ship you arrive with, than for auto-trades.
You might not have understood the problem: If you arrive with a ship, no one will ask you. If you teleport directly onto the station, you have not "arrived with a ship" and they are concerned that you are stranded (which is illogical, because you just proved that you can teleport).

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Tue, 5. Mar 19, 15:33

exactly, I would opt to disable this safety when you have discovered the unlimited teleport feature.
If it were possible to do so...
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Loneshade
x4

Post by Loneshade » Wed, 6. Mar 19, 10:29

Funny enough, the I'll wait until you tell me to take off... also happens on ships...

e.g. I've got a carrier and when I'm giving orders to my subordinate, docked fighters, they'll all wait for me "to tell them to take off".
That does not happen when steering the carrier yourself, but when you're simply standing around on the bridge (as i do most of the time)

hughdepayne
x4

Post by hughdepayne » Wed, 6. Mar 19, 18:34

[quote=Matterom post_id=4846180 time=1550510604 user_id=354654]
[/quote]

LOL but the game seems happy to let a FNG board a ship( I was just looking around the station and the ship had just docked) which then takes off, with me stuck on the bridge :/ .

Loneshade
x4

Post by Loneshade » Thu, 7. Mar 19, 10:14

haha, yeah... and as if that was a problem to begin with, since you can always command the ship to come back.
Not to mention that i wonder how the game things i can strand on the bridge of my carrier lol.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 7. Mar 19, 12:48

Loneshade wrote:
Thu, 7. Mar 19, 10:14
haha, yeah... and as if that was a problem to begin with, since you can always command the ship to come back.
Not, if it gets destroyed, and it's the only ship you own. Basically the whole thing is a problem, which can only happen very early in the game.

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 11:31

Due to a fault in the game, one of my teladi captains says: "I'll wait for you to take off". He skips the "to tell me" part somehow. :lol:
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”