Really wierd occurences (ships blowing up at dock)

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

freiman17
x4

Really wierd occurences (ships blowing up at dock)

Post by freiman17 » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 21:02

Guys, I encountered a strange occurrence. I was in the process of repairing a captured Falcon, and when I hit 100%, the screen shook. When I checked my logbook, two ships (A Peregrine and a Falcon) "Were Destroyed" while sitting at my PHQ dock. I restarted from save, and the same thing happened at the same point.

What I am HOPING is that the ships were somehow booby trapped. The Peregrine was a "Free Ship" that appeared right next to my PHQ (with mines) and the Falcon was a capture. In one of the flavors of X3, you could accidentally pick up an extortion bomb when docked at a Pirate Base. If this was something that happened intentionally, then that is a GREAT addition to the depth and realism of the game.

It seems like a glitch, however.

Is this supposed to be happening?

f

wave_rules
x4

Re: Really wierd occurences (ships blowing up at dock)

Post by wave_rules » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 06:34

Never seen that issue.
Are you using any mods? Since repairing at the PHQ isn't possible in vanilla 1.6 (or did I miss a really interesting thing :gruebel: ). For beta 2.0 users there is a seperate feedback forum.
Why should someone who sees follow the blind ones? (Project Pitchfork - Io)

freiman17
x4

Re: Really wierd occurences (ships blowing up at dock)

Post by freiman17 » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 18:55

I had some other issues, and restarted from an earlier save. Then I refused to have that Peregrine or that Falcon docked at my PHQ. I sent them to be sold.

Like I said, it seemed like a glitch.

But, I still think that an occasional instance of the "Free" ship being booby trapped might be a great thing to include in whatever final version of the game comes about.

f

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”