Are Ventures the only way to get skins/Paintjobs

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

freiman17
x4

Are Ventures the only way to get skins/Paintjobs

Post by freiman17 » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 18:57

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any other ways of getting skins or skins besides Ventures.

I get three possible ventures on my venture console, and they seem to only offer basic paint mods.

f

Mordhar
x4

Re: Are Ventures the only way to get skins/Paintjobs

Post by Mordhar » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 19:36

There is a chance to get tier-2 paints from ventures. But probability very low. I got 4 different paintjobs (1-2 of each) after 200+ ventures. Most of them ugly (I mean MORE ugly than standard paintjobs).
Never seen tier-3 from venture. My only “purple” paintjob is Obsidian-X (from pre-order).
There are 2 paintjobs available without ventures: Foundation-X (for registering the game) and Obsidian-X (for pre-order, naturally not possible to do so anymore).

Cg089
x4

Post by Cg089 » Wed, 27. Feb 19, 02:50

Another way, if you don't mind installing a mod, is this fantastic little mod https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/37. While you're at it, consider trying https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/233 and https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/242 for more cool paintjobs, though I haven't tried those two personally yet.

Ebron
x4

Post by Ebron » Wed, 27. Feb 19, 09:37

Some missions offers paintjobs now

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Wed, 27. Feb 19, 18:53

You can also clone paint jobs from claimed/captured ships (or ships you own) at a workbench (at a shipyard between L/XL ships and at a wharf for s/M ships)

Sometimes venture ships you find in your game have interesting paint jobs provided by other players, which you can clone if you can make them bail...

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 28. Feb 19, 11:37

New ventures claim to offer tier 2 and 3 paintjobs. I just sent a freighter for the 20-hours venture to see if I'm lucky.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 12:39

Antigone trade guild mission gave me "the vindicator" paint job.although it shows up as a general ware worth 1cr in inv.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 16:45

I got a tier 3 paint job as a reward for a mission. I don't remember the name, though.
Plus, I got a Magnetar with a really cool paint job (like light blue stripes or so) as a reward of another mission.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 16:51

Gotten 3 or four from Pilots bailing from their ships. These are unique to that ship only?

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 5. Mar 19, 08:54

shealladh wrote:
Mon, 4. Mar 19, 16:51
Gotten 3 or four from Pilots bailing from their ships. These are unique to that ship only?
Most of them I think you can get from missions or ventures.
I have some "Scale Plate" paintjob from SCA ships I claimed and I never got that skin from any venture, so maybe some of them is "special".

freiman17
x4

Post by freiman17 » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 08:37

caltrop wrote:
Wed, 27. Feb 19, 18:53
You can also clone paint jobs from claimed/captured ships (or ships you own) at a workbench (at a shipyard between L/XL ships and at a wharf for s/M ships)

Sometimes venture ships you find in your game have interesting paint jobs provided by other players, which you can clone if you can make them bail...
How does one go about doing this? I can't find the option to clone a paint copy.

f

Taraktas
x4

Post by Taraktas » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 09:37

freiman17 wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 08:37
caltrop wrote:
Wed, 27. Feb 19, 18:53

How does one go about doing this? I can't find the option to clone a paint copy.

f
You have to walk to the ship dealer. In this hall there are two benches. One normal one to craft items like Space Caviar and stuff and another one where you can modify your ships. Here you have to click on the ship that has the skin you want to apply on the other one. Click on the skin and after that click on the other ship and now the skin of the former ship appears in the list. As mentioned, it only works at a shipyard between L/XL ships and at a wharf between S/M ships.

Loneshade
x4

Post by Loneshade » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 13:54

Taraktas wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 09:37

You have to walk to the ship dealer. In this hall there are two benches. One normal one to craft items like Space Caviar and stuff and another one where you can modify your ships. Here you have to click on the ship that has the skin you want to apply on the other one. Click on the skin and after that click on the other ship and now the skin of the former ship appears in the list. As mentioned, it only works at a shipyard between L/XL ships and at a wharf between S/M ships.
Neat, didn't know that one yet.
Is that a feature, or a bug though?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”