Timeline of X4 Foundations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mixxik
x4

Timeline of X4 Foundations

Post by Mixxik » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:53

Hi all. I don't know if this was discussed before. So my question is- in what time window x4 are now. I know from lore that in same point jumpgates was closed by ancients to prevent further xenon invasions. So I can think that at the moment we are still in timeline before that in x4. But than i dont undestand why we have Alliance of Word in game. Becose as I understand Alliance of word come to be after jumpgates was closed. But than i do not understand why in game we have jumpgates. So im confused about that. Or I dont understand someting. I'm new in x universe games so any help would be nice ;) thank You

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Timeline of X4 Foundations

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 11:57

X4 plays after the reopening of the gates.

In X3AP (778 NT, 2948 AD) the first gates are shut down, and the first systems are isolated from the gate network (known universe), presumably a year or two later all jumpgates in the known universe are shut down. For the next twenty to thirty years the systems remain isolated, and systems and societies change drastically due to this. This is the time, which is referred to as the "Dark" in the lore. During the Dark, the Alliance of Words forms itself and sends messenger drones to different known systems in order to reestablish contact with the societies there.
In X Rebirth (803 NT, 2973 AD) we see the gates reopening in one part of the universe, however, with the gates leading to different systems than in the past.
In X4: Foundations (825 NT, 2992 AD) we're in a different part of the universe again, another twenty years in the future. This time we visit systems, which have been connected for quite some time already. Still, gate connections are different than before the shutdown, and the decade long isolation is the cause for many problems people now have to deal with.

If you look for the data vaults in X4: Foundations and open the timeline in the game, you will get many more lore information about the history of the X-Universe.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Mixxik
x4

Post by Mixxik » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 12:12

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 11:57
X4 plays after the reopening of the gates.

In X3AP (778 NT, 2948 AD) the first gates are shut down, and the first systems are isolated from the gate network (known universe), presumably a year or two later all jumpgates in the known universe are shut down. For the next twenty to thirty years the systems remain isolated, and systems and societies change drastically due to this. This is the time, which is referred to as the "Dark" in the lore. During the Dark, the Alliance of Words forms itself and sends messenger drones to different known systems in order to reestablish contact with the societies there.
In X Rebirth (803 NT, 2973 AD) we see the gates reopening in one part of the universe, however, with the gates leading to different systems than in the past.
In X4: Foundations (825 NT, 2992 AD) we're in a different part of the universe again, another twenty years in the future. This time we visit systems, which have been connected for quite some time already. Still, gate connections are different than before the shutdown, and the decade long isolation is the cause for many problems people now have to deal with.

If you look for the data vaults in X4: Foundations and open the timeline in the game, you will get many more lore information about the history of the X-Universe.
Oho... thanks for great response. Now I will definetly start open data voults, one more thing to do in x4. I'm person who if plays the game, always wana know story behind of it. Yea, becose in the first two books and enciclopedia did not get as far as x4 lore.

Another question if i may- I can not find info about when 3rd book will come out. Just readed the prologe. Do You know when 3rd book will be released? Thanks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 12:37

Mixxik wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 12:12
Another question if i may- I can not find info about when 3rd book will come out. Just readed the prologe. Do You know when 3rd book will be released? Thanks
I don't think there is a definite release date yet. Nathan Haines, the guy who's translating the books, only mentioned he has begun the translation at the end of January (see this post for reference).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Mixxik
x4

Post by Mixxik » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 12:40

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 12:37
Mixxik wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 12:12
I don't think there is a definite release date yet. Nathan Haines, the guy who's translating the books, only mentioned he has begun the translation at the end of January (see this post for reference).
Thanks a lot. I will fallow that ;)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”