Better ship interiors, more NPC model/name variety?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kumba42
x4

Better ship interiors, more NPC model/name variety?

Post by Kumba42 » Mon, 1. Apr 19, 03:57

Does anyone know if in a future update there will be better ship interiors? The teleport trick is cute, but given the size of some ships, I feel there's an entirely under-used game element here w/ first-person ship interiors that you could roam about and potentially manage crew via by chatting with them in hallways and such, much like on stations. It would also, I think, add some depth and help explain where 1-3 extra service crew can hide on small fighters like an Elite or Nodan (or are they just held inside the transporter's pattern buffer like an over-used star Trek cliché?). Like on an L or XL ship, having a "ready room" for the captain or player-owner would be neat (think Picard's ready room on the 1701-D). Maybe an "Engineering" section with something that looks like an engine core and engineering crew members bustling about.

Second inquiry, I've noticed an uptick in Split race character models, but only the one female type ("Split wish you fortune!"). Is there a male Split NPC model out there that I just haven't encountered yet? Teledi and Paranid I can't really tell apart, but the Argons are starting to get repetitive. What are the odds of getting new/different NPC character models at some point to help further diversify the Argonian gene pool? Right now, I am jokingly referring to the duplicity among Argonians as "copy-paste mistakes during the cloning cycle". I am also noticing that some of the names are starting to recycle a bit. I have two marines in a ship with last names of "Gisler" and "Glaser". I ran into about five more of both of those surnames while running around at the Argonian Shipyard in Argon Prime. "Trig" and "Londa" are also proving to be rather common/popular.

Regarding the uptick in Split, their name pool seems quite shallow. In one Demeter Vanguard that I bought from the ALI Wharf, I have a captain "Ra t'Pst", as well as a crew member with the same name. The algorithm that determines Split names, or the pool of letter components used probably needs tweaking with 2-3 additional letters to bump up the number of name permutations available to them.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”