What's your tactic to achieve 90km satellite coverage?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dirk-Jan
x4

What's your tactic to achieve 90km satellite coverage?

Post by Dirk-Jan » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 13:39

I'm still struggling with this one, so I'm very curious how you tackle these missions?
When I do this, coverage seems to be stuck at 99%.
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Derp

Re: What's your tactic to achieve 90km satellite coverage?

Post by Derp » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 16:57

An advanced satellite in the middle, and a ring of normal sats around the edges. You lose money on the mission, but not too much and it gets it over with.

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 21:25

No tactics. I just fly around dropping satellites inside the mission circle. Never had any problem or difficulty with this type of mission and if I remember correctly I don't spend more than 10 regular satellites.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 09:39

Always have a problem with this.
I'm on a mission given by ARG in Xenon territory (in Hatikva's something)
I dropped an advanced satellite in the center: -> 74% of coverage
I dropped a standard satellite on the edge: -> 69% of coverage... :o
I tried several times, dropped standard satellites in other esge locations, and it's still the same thing. I did not try again since days. Maybe one day i'll try again.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 10:25

4-6 advanced satellites spread in a 2D or 3D "+" shape. No middle one needed since the others overlap the middle anyway. Might have to reclaim some and position them further away or closer at times.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 1. May 19, 17:02

3 advanced satellites in a triangle on the central pane of the sphere, about 1/3 of the way of the edge of the sphere. This usually brings me over 95%.
Then, I either de-activate and replace the satellites, or fool around with standard satellites trying to patch the holes.

By recovering the "useless" satellites before the end of the mission, you can manage some small gains. But suffice to say they are not very profitable missions for the input of work you put in.
I only do these as part of chain missions with enticing rewards.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

thomasbkdk
x4

Post by thomasbkdk » Wed, 30. Dec 20, 19:46

From the earlier post it is indicated that it is possible to see how much coverage has been optained?
How do you see this?
I dont see it in the mission briefing.

I need to achieve 80,25 km and i have placed 9 with some overlap plus an additional 2 in an elevated and lower position.
AMD 3700X|GSKILL 2x16GB 3600C17|MSI X570 UNIFY|MSI RX 6800|SAMSUNG NVME 990 PRO|RAZER TARTARUS PRO|AOC AGON AG273QX 2560x1440@165|STREAM DECK XL+PEDAL|CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM RGB

Cobra117
x4

Post by Cobra117 » Sun, 3. Jan 21, 12:50

It's on the "message" box on the lower left of your screen. When the mission is active, the %ge is displayed. When you zoom in on the map, you can see the space covered by each satellite, fill in the uncovered areas until you reach the target.
I agree, you shouldn't start with a satellite in the centre. It's more effective if you start rather towards the edges, because you avoid too much overlap between the satellites.
I'm soooo lost in this game, I'm really happy if I could help :lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”