List of ship mod attributes?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lazerius
x4

List of ship mod attributes?

Post by Lazerius » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 20:23

I know some months ago, somebody posted a list of what all of the attributes that can appear on ship mods actually do from their personal testing. I can't seem to find that post (nor am I sure if it was here, Reddit, or Steam), but I was wondering if the devs (or even any modders well versed with the related code) have documented this information for the community.

For instance, Ship Mass: -9% to -23%

One could ASSUME that if you reduce a ship's mass, it reduced the amount of time required to come to a full stop, and impacts how quickly a ship could turn. However, assumptions make jackasses of us all, especially since I remember reading in that post with how things were worded on weapons, many of the attributes actually did the exact opposite you would expect the bonus to be.

Therefore, I'd love to see some formal documentation, or just a confirmed list of what each item does.

Thanks!
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Lazerius
x4

Re: List of ship mod attributes?

Post by Lazerius » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 20:04

Since I didn't hear anything back, I put together a spreadsheet with descriptions of all of my current 'not applied' mods using best guess. Unfortunately, since I can't seem to share a spreadsheet online without making my account name known (Google/Google Apps), or without my company name known (Office 365/sharepoint/one drive), I just posted the text.

Curious if some of you have have any insight on the ones with the ???

Mod Type Description

Hull
Countermeasure Capacity ------- Increase Capacity of Countermeasures
Deployable Capactity Mod ------- Increase Capacity of Deployables (Satelites, Laser Towers, Mines, etc)
Ship Drag ------- Reduce Ship Drag??
Ship Mass mod ------- Reduce Ship Mass??
Max Hull ------- Increase total Hull (HP)
Missile Capacity Mod ------- Increase Missile Capacity
Radar Range Mod ------- Increased Range of a Ship's Radar
Unit Capacity Mod ------- Can carry more marines/service crew ??

Engines
Boost Duration ------- Rate at which boost drains shield is reduced??
Boost Thrust ------- Go faster when boosting
Forward Thrust ------- Increase top end standard speed
Rotation Thrust ------- Ship turns sharper
Strafe Thrust ------- Ship Strafes faster
Travel Attack Time ------- Reduce delay after being attacked before you can charge travel drive again??
Travel Charge Time ------- Can enter travel mode faster
Travel Release Time ------- No Idea???
Travel Start Thrust ------- Approach top Travel Mode faster??
Travel Thrust ------- Increase top end travel speed

Shields
Capacity Mod ------- Shield holds more juice
Recharge Delay Mod ------- Reduces the delay before a ship begins recharging its shields (Only applies to S and M ships now?)
Recharge Rate Mod ------- Increases the amount of shield recharged per second

Weapons
Weapon Damage ------- Flat Damage Increase
Weapon Cooling ------- Reduce heat buildup
Weapon Reload ------- Rate at which a weapon's clip is exhausted (Fire Speed) ??
Weapon Sticky Projectile Time ------- No Clue. Maybe how well a missile tracks ???
Weapon Rotation Speed ------- Speed at which a turret Rotates??
Weapon Charge Time ------- Amount of time before a weapon can fire again Primarily impacts missiles ???
Weapon Projectile Lifetime ------- Amount of time before a missile explodes, or a shot disapates into nothing?
Weapon Projectile Speed ------- Speed at which a projectile moves (Useful for Missiles and Plasma)

Jonnyx
x4

Post by Jonnyx » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 22:56

These both increase forward thrust speed - making the ship lighter and more streamlined

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 00:08

Jonnyx wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 19, 22:56

These both increase forward thrust speed - making the ship lighter and more streamlined
That's all that do? No impact on turning, slowing down when coming to a full stop, etc?

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 00:43

Lazerius wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 19, 00:08
Jonnyx wrote:

That's all that do? No impact on turning, slowing down when coming to a full stop, etc?
Apply the mod and some of the ship attributes should change in the mod screen. Green is positive red is negative. Acceleration might effect travel mode stopping starting speeds or maybe not?

Jonnyx
x4

Post by Jonnyx » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 08:48

Lazerius wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 19, 00:08
Jonnyx wrote:

My nemesis, with forward thrust and mass reduction now has a top speed of 750m/s, Ive not noticed it turn any quicker because of the mass reduction but compared to my unmodified nemesis it does appear to accelerate to max faster.

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 10:57

Hyperion
-----------

Now that was a ship worth having!
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 16:02

Dirk-Jan wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 19, 10:57
Hyperion
-----------

Now that was a ship worth having!
Best ship in the series! :D

In my main vanilla game, I have an Aran full of 30 I 'liberated' from the Paranid Military (Easy way to train boarding), and I had 15+ patrols produced from PHQ of 5 HV + 2 Nova Raiders for each one patrolling sectors I wanted to keep safe for my traders.

Of course, nothing beats my ~387ish speed Poisoned Paranid HV, loaded with 2 flame throwers and the rest ISRs. Tears through absolutely everything! :-D

Anyways, off topic. :lol:

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 21:16

Another interesting post I found involving Drag and Mass:

According to this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 996322974/

Mass reduction improves acceleration.

Drag reduction improves top speed as well was pitch yaw and roll (makes the ship more maneuverable).

Both together make for a generally faster and more agile ship. The effect is cumulative with engine mods.

If that's accurate, It looks like some good things to know regarding modding ships. Any chance a dev can confirm that?

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 1. May 19, 06:04

Drag mod does top speed, boost speed, travel speed, yaw, pitch and roll but not acceleration.

Mass does acceleration.

The exceptional mod is mass + drag probably both max out at 23% I think.

For top speed the basic 45% thrust mod is good.

The exceptional forward thrust mod might max out at about 30% thrust, 30% engine strafe thrust, 30% engine rotation thrust, 50% engine boost trust and 50% travel mode thrust.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Wed, 1. May 19, 18:31

burger1 wrote:
Wed, 1. May 19, 06:04
Drag mod does top speed, boost speed, travel speed, yaw, pitch and roll but not acceleration.

Mass does acceleration.

The exceptional mod is mass + drag probably both max out at 23% I think.

For top speed the basic 45% thrust mod is good.

The exceptional forward thrust mod might max out at about 30% thrust, 30% engine strafe thrust, 30% engine rotation thrust, 50% engine boost trust and 50% travel mode thrust.
Top notch info! This lines up with a few other things I found yesterday.

One thing I'm still curious on is if Mass reduction also impacts stopping as well. As in, time in takes to go from full throttle to full stop.

Also, any info on what these do?:

Boost Duration
Travel Attack Time
Travel Release Time
Weapon Sticky Projectile Time

Thanks!

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 1. May 19, 19:55

Pure speculations:

Boost duration: -Reduction of shield drain while boosting, allowing for longer boost time.
Weapon sticky projectile time: -Must be a relic from one of XR's weapon. The bullets would stick to the target and deal damage over time. More sticky time would mean more overall damage. AFAIK, no X4 weapons works that way... yet

No idea for the others.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Sat, 18. May 19, 18:56

Travel attack could be how long it takes to spool up travel mode (probably more useful applied to L/XL ships)
travel release could be the deceleration rate when leaving travel mode

In XR the Mk3 pulse laser that you purchased from the Teladi had a DoT effect .. I'd imagine this is the "stickiness" thing

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Wed, 22. May 19, 22:51

RodentofDoom wrote:
Sat, 18. May 19, 18:56
could be
probably
could be
I'd imagine
Which means you don't know.

We can sit around and speculate all day, but that won't provide, as requested in the original post:
formal documentation, or just a confirmed list of what each item does.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Thu, 23. May 19, 00:21

Lazerius wrote:
Wed, 22. May 19, 22:51
RodentofDoom wrote:
Sat, 18. May 19, 18:56
could be
probably
could be
I'd imagine
Which means you don't know.

We can sit around and speculate all day, but that won't provide, as requested in the original post:
formal documentation, or just a confirmed list of what each item does.
so go look it up in the documentation

oh yeah … right.

electrondude
x4

Post by electrondude » Tue, 28. May 19, 01:58

Just did some testing on Weapon Projectile Lifetime(20% green) with pulse laser which increases the range by about 1 km to 6 km. So plasma should be able to reach 7.2 km.
Also tested Weapon Sticky Projectile Time which seem to not affect pulse lasers at all (no difference in range at least).

hannihanagarth
x4

Post by hannihanagarth » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 23:26

Well, I just wasted 18 Mods to get 15% on all of my Thermal Disintegrators with the Projectile Lifetime, but this did not work out as I intended.

I thought it would increase the range, but if it did, it did not change how the target reticule works, so I can't land the shots properly with the increased range.

It would really help to have some better documentation on this, especially since this is so expensive and time consuming to build.

vertauris
x4

Post by vertauris » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 14:31

i tried modding my thermal disintegrtor and i must say the green modification work best for me
giving:
+ damage 35-50%
+ reload speed this goes up to 80% (relaod speed is actualy firing rate and the DoT effect of thermal disintegrator stack witch each other)
- cooling time -30% around
its named slasher i believe + damage and 2 random stuffs which is always cooling time - and reload speed can be - or + so roll until you get crazy fire rate at +

my Split Asp with 3 modded thermal disintegrators has the burst MJW weapon output higher than 5x thermals non modded split chimera and great speed and agility. i can say modding can make ANY ship awesome and viable.
Modded Dragon 1x teladi shields with exceptional 70% shield capacity brings shield up to 10k which is the same as 2x split cobra shields

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”