Question about "useless" wares.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ezarkal
x4

Question about "useless" wares.

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 13. May 19, 14:39

Hi guys,

I know Nividium is a "useless ware" with no sink. You fill up the trade stations for the money it provides early game, then it's done and you'd best forget about profiting from it.

The question is: Maja dust, Space fuel and Space Weed. Is it the same deal? Or will stations consume the wares at some point and create a sink?
I'm asking because I'm currently filling up the paranid trade stations with spacefuel from one of my complex, and I don't see demand increasing at all. I'm kind of worried my complex (and many NPC stations) will become useless after a while.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

visi
x4

Re: Question about "useless" wares.

Post by visi » Mon, 13. May 19, 15:21

Interesting question, I'd like to know as well.

But there is no need to be concerned about not well running complexes.
You can disassemble separate different stations without a loss. The buildingmaterials will appear in the building storage.
So you can rebuild a different station without losing materials.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 13. May 19, 15:30

It's what I'll end up doing if there's no more use for it.

But damn, It took some time to position these modules neatly around the ring of my PHQ. XD
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

MurryChang
x4

Post by MurryChang » Wed, 15. May 19, 19:01

I've been selling weed and fuel for dozens of hours and the demand is still there, they definitely get used/bought from pirate bases.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 15. May 19, 20:24

trade station empty their storage after so many hours..its one way the economy dosent stagnate..its why in every sector that has a trade station I build 2 small complex's a passive drug plex and a complex that provides food and meds excess water and claytronics,antimatter converters and hull parts....if you watch closely every so often there is a flurry of activity around the trade stations..thats them zeroing stock levels..never did bother with NV mining.. 205 billion and counting....

If you watch trade offers there is hardly any for claytronics...yet you build a complex and watch the money roll in..keep checking your logs and m class traders fill their holds for 600k a load...

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 15. May 19, 20:30

the other one I noticed and I am not sure whether its an exploit...but after the " sparkly emmision scan" where you get a black trader at a station the illegal wares becomes part of the trade offers...you can then fill you ship with eg maja dust then just keep supplying the same trader over and over without leaving your ship.....you do need to be wary of the local police...but there is normally one staion in a sector that has no police presence

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 15. May 19, 20:35

And of course you can "hack storage" using your crafted collectable's...doing it on a wharf/yard/eqp dock is also very profitable just have your traders standing by with full holds of drone components and advanced electronics...1.6 mill a go with a shuyaku...

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 16. May 19, 05:35

SPiDER wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 20:35
And of course you can "hack storage" using your crafted collectable's...doing it on a wharf/yard/eqp dock is also very profitable just have your traders standing by with full holds of drone components and advanced electronics...1.6 mill a go with a shuyaku...
+1. That's the way of a real merchant. :-)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”