New way to pirate goods without faction hit?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Elvenwolf
x4

New way to pirate goods without faction hit?

Post by Elvenwolf » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 03:18

Okay, I do not know if this has been mentioned anywhere at all. I have checked the forums but got nothing. I havn't heared much in youtubes either. Also I am not sure if it is oversight, intentional or a bug. Anyways, here it goes...

Want to be a "legal" pirate and steal resources to make quick cash? Yeah..sure, hacking does that. But wait... what if I told that you can do that without hacking, safe to loot and not a single person notices. Want to build a station without spending a single penny on goods? What if i said you can do that without any worries?

Easy, get several trade ships with you and a fighter (you are in the fighter), scoure any Builder that is busy building a station (doesn't matter what faction). Look for the Build Storage that is usually infront of the Mammoth Builder , just small distance away from station. See all those red triangular containers? Shoot 'n loot.

Catch is that you cannot target lock the Build Storage, so you have to manually fire. Once it is shot, use map to tell your trade/freight ships to collect the loot. Once they are full, dock em until all your tradeships are full or containers are go. Can make easy money sometimes, or you can use it to build your own station. Funny part is the AI will restock all the resources again to continue building, so you could basically camp the site and get all the goods for free.

True it is time consuming but hey, makes building the first station much cheaper and easier ;)

Here is the screenshot
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Elvenwolf ... reenshots/

Enjoy!

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: New way to pirate goods without faction hit?

Post by radcapricorn » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 16:17

Elvenwolf wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 03:18
Funny part is the AI will restock all the resources again to continue building, so you could basically camp the site and get all the goods for free.
AI? Just sell them yourself there and then.

Elvenwolf
x4

Post by Elvenwolf » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 18:31

radcapricorn wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 16:17
Elvenwolf wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 03:18
Funny part is the AI will restock all the resources again to continue building, so you could basically camp the site and get all the goods for free.
AI? Just sell them yourself there and then.
Oh yeah... Brilliant!

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 10:51

It can cause a reputation hit sometimes, for me at least, even if I take care not to miss the containers and accidentally hit the build storage.

But it's not an issue. Just do the same with the SCA, the locked relations cheat is still active I believe, so you can blow them to bits and loot them dry without consequence. The station may go hostile but, no rep loss so you can just leave and wait for it to go neutral again.

Dunno if this should be a spoiler, it is Egosoft that makes the locked relations cheat compulsory after all...
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

Elvenwolf
x4

Post by Elvenwolf » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 01:05

Well in a sense it is a spoiler (for beginners) but also in a sense an exploit. I am not sure if Egosoft designed it this way on purpose or just an oversight. True in some cases you hardly get much goods out of it and it can be time consuming but hey, it is another feature in the game and it makes it more interesting to play around with.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Sat, 31. Aug 19, 19:20

I do it to xenon stations to slow them a bit, shame they only use silicon, energy cells and ore.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”