No abandoned Oddyssey in My Game

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vectorprime27

No abandoned Oddyssey in My Game

Post by vectorprime27 » Sun, 28. Jul 19, 21:20

I've seen the posts about the abandoned Odyssey Vanguard in Faulty Logic VII. I have spent about 6 hours cumulatively looking for that damn ship, and it simple does not exist in my game. I've killed a bunch of Xenon, hit a bunch of mines. I've crawled along the grid at the ecliptic at a snails pace, looking intently at the radar. I've pinged every damn corner of this sector, up down and sideways. I even deployed a grid of satellites. The damn ship just does not exist in my game. If you have any hints or suggestions, I would appreciate them. I've had no difficulty locating other abandoned ships, but this one is a ghost in my game.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: No abandoned Oddyssey in My Game

Post by euclid » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 00:10

Hi vectorprime27,

The ship is there but you have not yet lifted the fog of war everywhere. I had to map out the entire system using one of my fast ships with a spiderweb of "fly to" commands while watching his back. Unfortunately I cannot remember where the Odysseus was located but it was not easy to find.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

vectorprime27

Post by vectorprime27 » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 02:08

All of the screenshots and videos show it in the location that I've scoured already. If the location is mostly static, I should have found it already. If those screenshots are not accurate or static, then I wish someone would say so.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 14:40

It is static, indeed ...
Spoiler
Show
<position x="-165.396km" y="-0.489km" z="145.876km"/>
... which means somewhere in the north-west of the centre, just about 500m below the xz plane.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

vectorprime27

Post by vectorprime27 » Wed, 31. Jul 19, 17:21

Thanks for the advice. I guess I need to delete this post, because I finally found the darn thing. I was indeed well west of all the screenshots I'd seen....literally at the sector boundary. Once I found it, I used a marine to secure it, boogied out of the sector and ordered it to fly to the shipyard. It arrived intact and I was able to upgrade it immediately. I added two wings (5 fully kitted Pulsars and 5 Nemesis Vanguards) and turned it loose on the Xenon K menacing Trinity Sanctum III. It took about 2 minutes for the destroyer and squad to wipe out the Xenon. Now I'm off to build some stations and increase the fleet. Thanks guys!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”