Scanning for Blueprints....

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vectorprime27

Scanning for Blueprints....

Post by vectorprime27 » Fri, 9. Aug 19, 04:13

I don't know if the data leak signals in the game are random or not, but tonight I picked up Blueprints for an Argon L Habitat Module and a HOP Claytronics Production Module free of charge. I was gathering up all the goodies to use an Spacesuit EMP to steal them when I came across a video in which the player managed to find a data leak signal and grab the blueprints for the Large Argon Habitat Module. So I fired up my game and went hunting in the same place he found his. After about 5 minutes I found the a data lead in the same Argon L Habitat Module that gave me the Blueprints once scanned. It was in a different location on the Module than in the video, but it was there none the less. Saved a cool $22 million and the hassle of stealing the plans and taking a rep hit. Shortly after that I went looking for the blueprints for the Claytronics Production Module and it took about 15 minutes to hit the mother load again, saving myself about $25 million this time.

The Large Habitat Module with the data leak that gave out the blueprints was at the Wharf in Argon Prime. In the video and my game it was on the Habitat Module closest to the highway (there are two). The Claytronics data leak was on the back side of the Claytronics station in True Sight (there are two modules on the station). So far I've used the blueprints to augment the station I built to take over a Sector, and used both in my new Claytronics station. Not sure if this will help anyone, but thought I'd share the info. Saved me oddles of cash and I didn't have to go EVA and make things go boom!

grbaker
x4

Re: Scanning for Blueprints....

Post by grbaker » Fri, 9. Aug 19, 05:02

Using your Scan (shift-2) you will find from time to time a data leak which may reveal the blueprint for the module it is attached to.

Free blueprints... also you can space walk EMP bombs onto 'most' station modules which will generate four Data Leaks. Scan each of these in you space suit and you will get the blueprint too unless a) you already have it.... b) its one of the ship production modules.

edit - oh and some time they shoot at you for this.... :lol:

I have paid for very few modules in my game.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 18:09

grbaker wrote:
Fri, 9. Aug 19, 05:02
Using your Scan (shift-2) you will find from time to time a data leak which may reveal the blueprint for the module it is attached to.

Free blueprints... also you can space walk EMP bombs onto 'most' station modules which will generate four Data Leaks. Scan each of these in you space suit and you will get the blueprint too unless a) you already have it.... b) its one of the ship production modules.

edit - oh and some time they shoot at you for this.... :lol:

I have paid for very few modules in my game.
They do NOT shoot you, when
Spoiler
Show
you are back in your ship when pushing the red button.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 31. Aug 19, 02:42

Can you be in your ship when scanning in order to get BPs or does it have to be the space-suite?

Anyway, I detonated an EMP on a Hull Parts production module and only got a discount out of the four leaks (in my space-suit).
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Sat, 31. Aug 19, 19:11

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Sat, 31. Aug 19, 02:42
Can you be in your ship when scanning in order to get BPs or does it have to be the space-suite?

Anyway, I detonated an EMP on a Hull Parts production module and only got a discount out of the four leaks (in my space-suit).
You don't get the blueprint everytime, they are pretty common though should only take 1-3 EMP bombs max, and yeah you can get the blueprints for modules while scanning data leaks in your ship too just sometimes really awkward especially in bigger ship.

Oh and sometimes dataleaks seem to spawn inside the station where you can't get them in the space suit or a ship.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 01:57

Thanks. Tried anyway and you have to be in spacesuit to scan EMP leaks, says the signal is too weak or something. That tip in the spoiler tag works a treat!

Still having a challenging time getting BP for Advanced Electronics, first thing was realising that the EMP won't stick to the force field - it went 100m inside the production module :headbang: but after 6 EMPs (reloading in between) I'm only getting a permanent trade subscription.

Going to try a 2nd EMP now in case it takes a certain number to get through to the BP, anyone have experience that matches this?

Cheers
Marv

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 04:40

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=407377

I wrote this guide a while back on how to steal blueprints, should still all work the same. maybe this will help some.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 05:02

grapedog wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 04:40
You'll need 2 things.

The PHQ quest completed up to the point where you can conduct research...
2nd line answered that question, I've only got as far as revealing the mystery station!

Thanks, I'll go away and save my EMPs

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 06:59

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 05:02
grapedog wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 04:40
You'll need 2 things.

The PHQ quest completed up to the point where you can conduct research...
2nd line answered that question, I've only got as far as revealing the mystery station!

Thanks, I'll go away and save my EMPs
i'll actually make that a little more obvious too, needing the research done. glad you've figured it out though!

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 9. Sep 19, 15:47

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 01:57
... after 6 EMPs (reloading in between) I'm only getting a permanent trade subscription.
That normally means that you have the blueprint already.

Edit: Well, or you haven't completed the research. as you apparently didn't.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”