workbench on player stations?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

workbench on player stations?

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 06:11

I have an area on my stations where a workbench is on NPC stations, but no workbench. Is there a specific module i need to have it spawn, if it's possible? I have s/m and L equipment docks.

For clarity's sake, I'm talking about the crafting jobbie where you make and install mods for ships
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vectorial1024
x4

Re: workbench on player stations?

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 07:05

I think it has to do with this:
Spoiler
Show
There are some "ship mod" researches available at the PHQ. I think you gotta complete those research, and then (I guess) undock/redock, and then the workbench will appear.

Haven't tested this myself, since I'm using a mod and now the PHQ is somewhere far away (I havent found it yet but it exists), but this explanation is quite convincing.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 14:58

naw, i did all of that a while ago. i've nothing left to research. it's the actual workbench itself i'm wanting on my stations. kind of a pita to move ships i wanna mod to NPC owned stations to mod them.

For example:

https://imgur.com/cuVxdcB

there's a workbench on npc wharfs and equipment docks, but its not present on any of my stations.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 21:59

You need to build a Wharf/Shipyard. The workbench is placed in these stations. I don't remember finding any workbench in equipment docs in my game.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 05:27

hrmmm, i'm quite sure i've seen them. i'll double check when i have a moment. at any rate, I'll grind up some cash and build a wharf and hope that does the trick. on my to do list, anyhow =p
rebellionpac.com

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”