what's the trick to getting stations to share resources?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

what's the trick to getting stations to share resources?

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 01:55

I've seen it mentioned in a few different places that stations near to each other will transfer resrouces via cargo drones or mass traffic. I've got 5 stations, 4 production and 1 defense, all equipped with drones, all within 20k ish of each other, and i've yet to see any of them moving items from A to B on their own. I ended up creating a supply chain of traders for each of the 4 production stations and black lists to prevent the traders from leaving the system or trading with npc stations. that works but I would really like to see the drones doing their drone thing =p
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: what's the trick to getting stations to share resources?

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 10:57

They have to share the same Masstraffic Network (technically just be in the same Zone, but Zones are not visualized to the Player anymore in X4)

Also the Buying Station needs enough Money to buy the Wares, because it's a Trade directly between Stations basically.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:18

hrmmmm. okay i see traffic going between the stations. and they all have money exceeding their expected operating budget. but so far, the only way i can get goods moved between them is via transport ships.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 03:27

A few things to note:

1) NPC traders could be buying up prior to any ability to mass traffic to move it.
2) It could be trading just enough necessary to run production, stop the traders and see if production stops on the down streams.
3) They're not actually pricing right or have the wrong rule setup and are actually blocking each other from buying/selling.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”