Heavy Construction Operation - Mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Faley

Heavy Construction Operation - Mission

Post by Faley » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 16:07

I have built the requested 'Defense Station' but cannot proceed to the next step. It still says "Build the station"., although the first step of Buy, claim a plot... it shows as 'Completed'
The mission required the station to have 10 x Turrets and container capacity: 40000

Thats all the specifications there are. so I built
2 S Container Storage each have 25000 storage capacity and 6 turrets
2 Argon Disc Denfence platform (each has 24 Turrets
1 1M6S Basic Dock area

I haried a Builder and the construction is complete, but the mission does not recognize it as complete. I cannot proceed to the next step of delivering a fleet of 5 ships until it recognizes the build.

I located the station in the place it directed me to.

What have I done wrong?
Last edited by Faley on Sat, 28. Sep 19, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

sadpanda
x4

Re: Heavy Construction Operation - Mission

Post by sadpanda » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 16:24

Did you pay for the plot? also read the entire mission description again it sometime slips in a small piece that you need to complete that I have often missed.

Faley

Post by Faley » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 16:29

Thanks for responding.
Yes, I paid for the plot. I can find nothing else in the description. It reads as follows...
we are requesting a new military installation to be built in a strategic location to help deter aggression from the Holy Order. We will require the facility to fit the following specifications.
Minimum plot size: 4 x 3 x 2 km
Required constructs: 10 x Turrets
Container storage capacity: 40000

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 18:42

Check also that your plot is large enough.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Faley

Post by Faley » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 20:41

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 18:42
Check also that your plot is large enough.
Yes, I believe it to be correct.
+X 4 km
-X 4-km
+Y 3 Km
-Y 3 KM
+z 2 KM
-z 2 km

Actually now that I think about it, does +X = 4 and -X=4 mean X=8? if so I have the wrong plot size. 8 X 6 X 4 ?? Besides, it says minimum plot size 4 x 3 x 2

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 30. Sep 19, 07:14

Faley wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 16:29
Thanks for responding.
Yes, I paid for the plot. I can find nothing else in the description. It reads as follows...
we are requesting a new military installation to be built in a strategic location to help deter aggression from the Holy Order. We will require the facility to fit the following specifications.
Minimum plot size: 4 x 3 x 2 km
Required constructs: 10 x Turrets
Container storage capacity: 40000
Sometimes it helps to remove all turrets and build them again.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 01:08

Faley wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 20:41
Actually now that I think about it, does +X = 4 and -X=4 mean X=8? if so I have the wrong plot size. 8 X 6 X 4 ?? Besides, it says minimum plot size 4 x 3 x 2
Indeed, you only need +1/-1 if it requires 2km etc. The "buy the plot" sub-part of the mission will be completed once you successfully acquire the plot, so you can easily check if things are good before you start building.

I'd go over the turrets and make sure they're of the right type (sometimes it specifies types IIRC) and that they have all been built. As mentioned I had success just building an extra turret or removing and putting it back.

Faley

Post by Faley » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 23:46

Lord Crc wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 01:08
Faley wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 20:41
I'd go over the turrets and make sure they're of the right type (sometimes it specifies types IIRC) and that they have all been built. As mentioned I had success just building an extra turret or removing and putting it back.
I GUESS i DID'NT ACTUALLY BUILD ANY TURRETS (?). i AM COUNTING THE TURRETS THAT COME WITH SOME (sorry about caps, unintentional) of the mods. each mod has some number of turrets. I haven't yet found a construction mod that is a "turret". Is their one? The mission says I have to have 10 X turrets, so the turrets that come with the defense mods don't count?

Anyway, since the Plot completed successfully, no issue with the Plot, but the station stage does not show 'completed'. and I can't go further. Not sure if there is a way to get this mission back to start it over. There is no more guidance.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 00:43

Faley wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 23:46
I GUESS i DID'NT ACTUALLY BUILD ANY TURRETS (?). i AM COUNTING THE TURRETS THAT COME WITH SOME (sorry about caps, unintentional) of the mods. each mod has some number of turrets. I haven't yet found a construction mod that is a "turret". Is their one? The mission says I have to have 10 X turrets, so the turrets that come with the defense mods don't count?
The modules come with turret mount points but not the actual turrets, you need the blueprints for the required turrets and then once you've placed the module you right-click it and select "Edit Loadout" - here you can place the turrets, you'll also need some turret components to build them.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Faley

Post by Faley » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 04:52

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Thu, 3. Oct 19, 00:43
The modules come with turret mount points but not the actual turrets, you need the blueprints for the required turrets and then once you've placed the module you right-click it and select "Edit Loadout" - here you can place the turrets, you'll also need some turret components to build them.
Hmmmm, thats a huge difference and a great help. I think I can save it after all.
thanks again.

Faley

Post by Faley » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 18:39

I may have spoke too soon. I purchased some turret Blueprints, however they don't show up anywhere when I am in the Plan Build mode. They are not in the Defense Mods, or anywhere. How do I find them to place them on my station.?

NEVERMIND........I FOUND IT FROM THE LAST REPLY. But I bought the wrong turrets.

Faley

Post by Faley » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 21:00

SUCCESS!!! Thank you all for the help. I got paid my 5,250,000 Cr's for completing the station. Could not have completed without your help.

thanks. This is fun

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”