Deterence Mission Progress

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zyferon
x4

Deterence Mission Progress

Post by Zyferon » Wed, 11. Dec 19, 21:28

So I picked up a mission from the ARG vs. Xenon called "deterence" stating that I need to destroy 3 Xenon P ships. That doesn't sound that hard except that I have killed about 10 PS with no progress being awarded. I've tried scanning before destroying the ship, but still no update. I'm not really sure what I am doing wrong. Any advice would be helpful (does it have to be in a specific sector even though that's not stated in the briefing?).

Rocco

Re: Deterence Mission Progress

Post by Rocco » Sun, 22. Dec 19, 08:36

I have the same question. Think it must be one sector in specific but dunno what

Zyferon
x4

Post by Zyferon » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 04:54

I was actually able to finish the mission by parking a fleet in IZ4 right next to the gate to matrix 451, and just letting it sit there for a while. I tried that sector several times piloting a ship and nothing happened on killing P's. But about 1 hour was all it took to finish the mission OOS. Don't know if this is the way it was supposed to be done, but it worked for me.

Havocsquad
x4

Post by Havocsquad » Mon, 30. Dec 19, 22:42

The mission does work if it is not sector specific. I don't remember any of this type of mission that was sector specific.

I finished two of those missions yesterday in a new playthrough.

My recommendation always in this game is save before accepting any important missions or missions you cannot abort.

Every once in a while you get a bugged mission that is not possible to complete.

Certain data leak fix missions are prime examples of no win.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”